Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    I shall explain to you how haste works and then you can judge for yourself -

White hits (melee) - Decreases the white attack swing timer so that the time between each swing is shortened, thus providing more dps. White attacks are unaffected by lag and receive full haste benefit all of the time you stand close to the boss. Haste on white attacks is a passive bonus that is not prone to user error.

Channelled and cast times (caster) - Does not decreases the time between attacks (unlike melee haste), but rather decreases the time it takes to cast or channel a spell. Since the time between casted attacks is 100% user dependant and therefore affected by lag, haste for casters does not provide full bonus all of the time. It is not passive, prone to user error and is valued a heck of a lot less in lag period.

DoT's - Completely unaffected by haste. Only SOME dots if glyphed will benefit from haste. Rest of the dots receive no haste benefit at all.

Proposed changes - The time between melee yellow attacks is decreased.

This is exponentially unfair towards casters because haste passively affects white hits which recieve full benefit and user error and lag have no affect on the white attacks. Yellow attacks are instant damage, whereas casted attacks have to wait xx seconds before the damage lands.

So if this change happens in Cata we have -

Melee - Receive 100% benefit from a passively working haste buff on white attacks, and full haste benefit on instant damaging attacks that will only minorly be affected by lag, and almost no impact on user error if they mash there buttons.

Casters - Receive 100% benefit from haste WHILST CASTING, no benefit whatsover whilst moving, and some damage attacked (DOTS) receiving no benefit whatsoever from haste.

THAT is why it is unfair.
    And obviously everything is going to stay the same in Cataclysm, right?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretArts
    You don't get into groups with 232 iLvl gear on my server. 245 iLvl or better for ICC-10 on my server for the most-part. Of course there are a few raids with 232 requirement but most are higher.
    I heard about these mysterious groups called "guilds" that do their own raids, without standing in the middle of Dalaran screaming "lfm icc10, 135135gs required"

Quote Originally Posted by derevka

Can't wait to see what Garrosh will say when Hordies tell him to gtfo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by blackone
    I heard about these mysterious groups called "guilds" that do their own raids, without standing in the middle of Dalaran screaming "lfm icc10, 135135gs required"
    And who don't ask people to be ToC-25/ToGC-10 stuffed to run ICC-10 like it's supposed to be I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by sagara
    And who don't ask people to be ToC-25/ToGC-10 stuffed to run ICC-10 like it's supposed to be I guess...
    You should be able to start and have some success in ICC10 using ToC10 (NOT ToGC10) gear.

This is how their tier system was designed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    You should be able to start and have some success in ICC10 using ToC10 (NOT ToGC10) gear.

This is how their tier system was designed to work.
    Indeed. Ergo, WTF are pugger looking for lvl245+ for icc-10?

Sorry, slightly misread your inflection.

Either way I'm agreeing.

10+ Year Old Account

so with the armor and stamina changes, i guess Shaman Tanks will be even more viable. I guess Sharicasmi can't wait for Cataclysm to get out. :P
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

10+ Year Old Account

It is because PuGs suck, and usually tend to fall apart after 2 wipes. So you gotta build your pug around the fact that it is either going to down the bosses in one or two attempts or it's not gonna down anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    Sorry, slightly misread your inflection.

Either way I'm agreeing.
    The honest mistake is the most rewarding to forgive
    Now, shall we dance and roast 245+ elitist on a roaring fire?

so.. does healing buff apply to shields too or they screwed it like with healing debuff in BGs/WG?

or they listen to official qq forums and want make disc priest /reroll(or just respec) ? :-X

Ok! So I got curious and went looking at the buff in ICC. It is there when you walk in the door right away. Turned it on heroic and it was still there. To turn it off you go up to the King of SW and tell him you dont want it anymore, but I couldn't talk to him again. None of the guys around him have an option either to turn it back on....So the question i have is, Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    I shall explain to you how haste works and then you can judge for yourself -

White hits (melee) - Decreases the white attack swing timer so that the time between each swing is shortened, thus providing more dps. White attacks are unaffected by lag and receive full haste benefit all of the time you stand close to the boss. Haste on white attacks is a passive bonus that is not prone to user error.

Channelled and cast times (caster) - Does not decreases the time between attacks (unlike melee haste), but rather decreases the time it takes to cast or channel a spell. Since the time between casted attacks is 100% user dependant and therefore affected by lag, haste for casters does not provide full bonus all of the time. It is not passive, prone to user error and is valued a heck of a lot less in lag period.

DoT's - Completely unaffected by haste. Only SOME dots if glyphed will benefit from haste. Rest of the dots receive no haste benefit at all.

Proposed changes - The time between melee yellow attacks is decreased.

This is exponentially unfair towards casters because haste passively affects white hits which recieve full benefit and user error and lag have no affect on the white attacks. Yellow attacks are instant damage, whereas casted attacks have to wait xx seconds before the damage lands.

So if this change happens in Cata we have -

Melee - Receive 100% benefit from a passively working haste buff on white attacks, and full haste benefit on instant damaging attacks that will only minorly be affected by lag, and almost no impact on user error if they mash there buttons.

Casters - Receive 100% benefit from haste WHILST CASTING, no benefit whatsover whilst moving, and some damage attacked (DOTS) receiving no benefit whatsoever from haste.

THAT is why it is unfair.
    You are leaving out that haste also can reduce the spell GCD from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds. It does not do that for Melee. So "The time between melee yellow attacks is decreased" as you put it is essentially accomplishing the same thing as haste reducing the spell GCD.

If this shit goes live in a near future as 30% I'm going to fucking leave the game.

If will be better wasting my money on Habbo or some crappy game. 12 euros for cloths and other crap...

I bet it was Fucking Bobby Kotick that made this shit, I hope he dies with Hemorrhoids

Quote Originally Posted by Navarra
    If this shit goes live in a near future as 30% I'm going to fucking leave the game.

If will be better wasting my money on Habbo or some crappy game. 12 euros for cloths and other crap...

I bet it was Fucking Bobby Kotick that made this shit, I hope he dies with Hemorrhoids
    Tad bit angry, aren't we old sport?
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

Quote Originally Posted by blackone
    I am in one of these "guilds" but I can't raid because of "real-life" conflicts. I'm not switching guilds either because I like the guild I am in. And added to that, many guild's are using GS to profile people who want to join on my server.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Are we sure that you can use the buff during combat in hardmodes? kinda makes them pointless no?

Quote Originally Posted by Skoro
    Tad bit angry, aren't we old sport?
    Fuck yeah, why do we even have bosses? Why don't we just run through a instance full of chests with loot inside.

Maybe better, let's just /roll teh higher the number the better the gear you instatly get!

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira
    Are we sure that you can use the buff during combat in hardmodes? kinda makes them pointless no?
    I wont know till Friday when we do Hard modes I kinda wanna know if people can turn em back on also....because thats the way people make it sound, but they havent been in there yet to test it out.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira
    The screenshot shows the lich king with 29 million HP, that is 10 man heroic.