Thread: Boomy DPS Low?

Boomy DPS Low?

Hey

I cant seem to push over 8k dps on my Boomy even on a sarth 3D streight nuke!

Dont no if its my gear gemming echants etc

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...moon&cn=Ascala

I know i have the PvP neck but its was better than the mp5 one i had as it has haste and more SP

I get my two dots up start with starfire till proc swith to wrath etc dont clip my dots if i can help it

Any advice be welcome

Ty

Re: Boomy DPS Low?

well i am gonna say this pretty much straight.
    Judging by your gear and your gem choices i strongly doubt you can pull anything above 6,5k provided fully raid buffed and that's with no movement at all.
    Your sp is low, your crit is nowhere near average and at least one of your trinkets is completely useless.
    Now on all these add those 12sp+10haste gems you have (and there's a 12sp+15stamina actually there...quite impressive) and get the answer you are seeking...

Faerie Fire. Throw Insect Swarm and Moonfire down. Put your trees down and pop Starfall. Spam Wrath until you get Eclipse, pop SP trinkets and spam Starfire like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Franson
    Faerie Fire. Throw Insect Swarm and Moonfire down. Put your trees down and pop Starfall. Spam Wrath until you get Eclipse, pop SP trinkets and spam Starfire like there's no tomorrow.
    Do you honestly think the problem is the rotation in his case? Just check his stats and gem choices. 'nuff said!
    And that "can't pull anythng above 8k" is way too provocative if his concern is real anyway

First of all, moonkins are to boosts raidmembers to increase their dps with the moonkin's buffs. Don't expect a boomkin to be topping the meters.
    Second of all, you may see all those crazy numbers going up high, but for moonkins 8k is still damn damn high to get and you really need to get better gear for what you have now.

Try to make all your gems into SP/Haste gems and if you need blue gems for meta procks or socket bonusses (not just a 2sp socket bonus) you can putt SP/SPI gems which also work.

And as the sir above me said about your rotation, I can't see if you do it correct but a moonkin rotation is one of the hardest to master completely. I would say keep practising and take advice from all the places you can and make your own best build!

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes first.

Quote Originally Posted by christianf

Try to make all your gems into SP/Haste gems
    = FAIL

What he needs is spell power and crit at the moment. he's way too over the soft haste cap and extremely low in crit which can't be saved by gems anyway. What he needs is:

a) at least the 2t10 as soon as possible (he spent 60emblems for the waist.... crime)
    b) to throw all that spirit gear in the favour of crit
    c) to remove the sp+haste gems for pure sp gems (and some 12sp+10crit judging from the socket bonus)
    d) to remove the laughable 10stats and 12sp+15stamina gems for 12sp+10spirit (for meta )
    e) to change the feet enchant (12crit vs 18spirit)
    d) to drop the intensity talents for the Improved Moonfire
    f) to get a decent trinket instead of the intellect crap one
    g) and last bun not least to UNLEARN the useless herbalism in the favour of JC

Doomkin is not perfect, but single target without much movement you can do Top5 DPS. Our problem is movement. Once you have to move your dps drops extreme. The Starfall buff will help a little bit aber overall the Moonkin is working best stationary

Check this fight, I was 90% on the lady: 9.8k dps (I'm the Moonkin "Owl"):
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1547&e=1794

on the other hand, Professor movement fight - especially the 30% phase - eclipse proc - slime inc. - run - one cast - refresh dots - one cast - proc - slime - run - AAARGH:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6491&e=6955

Your gems are wrong. General rule: Spelldmg is king, if possible gem spelldmg only. >585 (fixed) haste you stop seeking for haste equip and focus on crit
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos

Your gems are wrong. General rule: Spelldmg is king, if possible gem spelldmg only. >550 haste you stop seeking for haste equip and focus on crit
    No. The soft cap is 401. You don't gem for any more haste after you reach 401 except for the situation where you're already crit capped!
    In most cases though he's gonna still be way above this just from the gear!

Uhm I do think he should put his SP/Haste gems, as long as you are wrath capped it is ok, and he is waaaaaaaaay not wrath capped. If you get muradin's spyglass, which is pretty faceroll to get, you have all the crit you want and amazing spellpower.
    And from what I see, he is way not haste capped for wrath yet, I think it might work out to put his gems into SP/Haste, maybe some pure SP but still I think it might work. Anyways, go and check it out

Edit: My bad, was watching another moonkin from guild. He is way overcapped and I think he should go straight for SP and get Muradin's Spyglass for the ice crystal

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes first.

Quote Originally Posted by christianf
    Uhm I do think he should put his SP/Haste gems, as long as you are wrath capped it is ok, and he is waaaaaaaaay not wrath capped. If you get muradin's spyglass, which is pretty faceroll to get, you have all the crit you want and amazing spellpower.
    And from what I see, he is way not haste capped for wrath yet, I think it might work out to put his gems into SP/Haste, maybe some pure SP but still I think it might work. Anyways, go and check it out
    LMAO you sooo don't know what you are talking about. He's around 24% crit in Moonkin form and you think that the trinket will just solve his crit problems? Think again!
    His haste is above 660...the haste cap for wrath is 401.... where's the part you don't understand?

Quote Originally Posted by prison_break
    the haste cap for wrath is 401.... where's the part you don't understand?
    With Improved Moonkin Form, Celestial Focus, and Wrath of Air Totem it's at 401 haste rating. Missing WoA, it's 585.
    If you don't have WoA totem all the time (like our raid) you want more haste.
    In reality you always get more than 401 haste on your gear. For Starfire more haste is still great, it's just a softcap for wrath.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos
    With Improved Moonkin Form, Celestial Focus, and Wrath of Air Totem it's at 401 haste rating. Missing WoA, it's 585.
    If you don't have WoA totem all the time (like our raid) you want more haste.
    In reality you always get more than 401 haste on your gear. For Starfire more haste is still great, it's just a softcap for wrath.
    and since you'll always have the above mentioned there's no need to gem for haste!! Especially when his crit is down to zero!

dump your spell dam/haste..You have more hate then me and yet you are seriously undergeared.

Wow alot of feedback, thanks all

Yes crit is low and and alot of spirit, its from moving from main spec resto as guild needed a boomkin, alot of debate on here about where i should gem, im gonna go for full sp crit gems change some chants around

everytime i try to group for the sp crit trinked damn raidleaders ( pug's ) reserve it whats all that about?

thanks all with positive comments

Deleted

Judging by what gear choices and gem choices you have made and by the nature of your post I will put this very simply for you ;

There is a starter guide to balance in this forum please at least READ the first page of that before making posts like this

Without trying to be offensive you have no clue what you are even looking for and trying to get tips from people who play a balance druid regularly and know what they are looking for will only hurt you more rather then help you ... the best way to see an increase in your DPS is understanding how your class works , not just reguritating what someone else has said..

Quote Originally Posted by ascallion
    Wow alot of feedback, thanks all

Yes crit is low and and alot of spirit, its from moving from main spec resto as guild needed a boomkin, alot of debate on here about where i should gem, im gonna go for full sp crit gems change some chants around

everytime i try to group for the sp crit trinked damn raidleaders ( pug's ) reserve it whats all that about?

thanks all with positive comments

Why? No one even said to gem SP/Crit. Let the soft caps come to you.. don't force them. Gem for socket bonus if it's a red/yellow with +7 SP and only enough blue gems to get your meta. Other than that, pure SP.

Look at my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Hand&cn=Velky for a reference on how to gem.