Thread: Fire T10

Fire T10

I'm most likely speccing into TTW/fireball next patch when 3.3.3 hits. So I started working on acquiring some fire gear and am now trying to decide which piece of T10 should I leave out for a piece of crafted gear?

Hit is not an issue as I have many hit pieces/trinkets that I am willing to use for this spec.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Fire T10

Are you expecting to get 277 level gear or stick to 264 gear?

Edit: Although, to be honest, DPS isn't going to vary that much if you pick your gear smart by staying as close to the hit cap as possible and maximizing crit and haste while minimizing spirit.

My guild has yet to down Sindragosa 25 (probably will get it this week or soon since the new raid wide buff) so as of now I am expecting to go for 264 item level gear and maybe 258 item level depending when we kill the lich king in 10 man.

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly, it looks like swapping either gloves or legs for Gunship Captain's Mittens or Plaguebringer's Stained Pants respectively is still the way to go. You'll likely also swap a few offset pieces for more hit.

That pants are the worst piece so toss them out. I mean unless you really need the hit then get rid of those over the others. But most of us are over capped in hit by far (Some over 300 points) so it isn't a big deal at all when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by darksreaphim
    That pants are the worst piece so toss them out. I mean unless you really need the hit then get rid of those over the others. But most of us are over capped in hit by far (Some over 300 points) so it isn't a big deal at all when you think about it.
    I'm talking about TTW/fireball spec where there are no hit cap bonuses from talents so the hit cap would be 17% or aroundd 450 hit.

fire hit chance
    341 alliance
    367 horde
    kthnxbye
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Quote Originally Posted by tricknick76
    fire hit chance
    341 alliance
    367 horde
    kthnxbye
    Thanks, I'm never sure about the hit cap numbers even though they should be the numbers that I memorize the easiest :P

Quote Originally Posted by kitteh
    I'm talking about TTW/fireball spec where there are no hit cap bonuses from talents so the hit cap would be 17% or aroundd 450 hit.
    Arcane Focus. It's 14%.

15+ Year Old Account

Arcane Focus only affects Arcane spells. It's only 14% because of Misery/Imp. Faerie Fire from SPriest/Boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Arcane Focus only affects Arcane spells. It's only 14% because of Misery/Imp. Faerie Fire from SPriest/Boomkin.
    I was repeatedly told that the hit part affected all spells. That was wrong?

Better get more hit then!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tricknick76
    fire hit chance
    341 alliance
    367 horde
    kthnxbye
    10man's kthnxbye too u..

I was under the impression the crafted legs (Woven death ?) were BIS with 4 other T10 for all specs. There is a plethora of hit around, so even getting the 17% shouldnt be too much of an issue, though i'm much further behind in progression, and in 10 man, so what i get wont apply at all to you :P

btw without any buffs (which will be the case for me), hit cap is 446 (420 if you have draenei).

Needonboots - yes arcane focus only affects arcane spells. dont worry, i made than mistake through all of naxx :P

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans
    10man's kthnxbye too u..
    because 10 mans change the amount of hit you need to be capped.... :

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy
    because 10 mans change the amount of hit you need to be capped.... :
    Yes they do if you dont have the +hit buffs some classes/specs give.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans
    10man's kthnxbye too u..
    Lrn2 raid comp properly

Kthnxbye too u!

The Hit caps listed are the proper hit caps if you are setting up a proper raid. If you are not and don’t have a dranie as allie or a s.priest or boomkin for the 3% more hit then do the calculations manually for your specific raid. The general rule is that hit req for Raiding is calculated with all raid buffs and not with the assumption that you are soloing the place and are only self buffed.