Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: lootgreedy douchebags

no, there werent droping 4 peices that i wanted. i was looking for my last 4 upgrades. i got none for 4 weeks now, and finally one of 4 left pieces dropped, and i was the only one that realy could need it. i still have my naxx cloack from a year ago, and that damn dk with already a better cloak roled on it.

since i couldnt talk to him because he logged of asap, i checked everything in the armory to see the slightest chance why he could need it.
    he had enough hit before, and both his specs dont justify why he took it.

most people just care for themselves and their needs before others.
    i often passed items to others when they could need it more, maybe im just to nice to others and expect the same other would do for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Windspast
    so wait... you lost a roll fair and square and then you come here to tell us about it? You think he doesn't NEED it? Well he can probably make it sound like you don't need it either.

You lost a roll. Deal with it. Last I checked, highest roll wins. If you don't like it, lead your own raid.
    i wouldnt mind as much if he realy would need it.
    i bet in 2 days he will have his icc cloak agfain in the armory, and i will make another screenshot. that will prove that hes a douche.

edit:
    to say it again, we had loot rules.
    1. 2 items
    2. 1st > 2nd
    3. roll 1-100 for need, 1-99 for greed

he was in as unholy dk with 2 hand, 267 hitrating and roled need on the cloak because he would need more hit.
    since he had a better cloak its a greed roll. that broke rule 3.
    if he wanted it for testing dual wield or something, it would brake rule 2.

loot was given away to hasty. he got it and logged off. (my question fell while rolling when he still dont had it)

Here's a bed time story.

Druid tank and warrior tank were both on same raid.And for a time..it was good.
    Then tank cape dropped. Druid and Warrior rolled. Warrior won and took it.

Second raid came. Tank cape dropped. Druid and Warrior rolled again. Warrior won and even if it was the very same cape the druid did not complain.

Druid and Warrior joined same guild by coincidence....and for a time it was good.
    A raid occured and tank cape dropped. The very same cape as before.
    Druid and Warrior rolled both on it. Warrior won.
    But Druid could no longer stand this and asked:
    "Warrior, you have this cape 3 times and there's even a better one from emblems, why take mine as i do not have emblems for cape?"

The warrior replied: " I am gemming each cape with dodge, the other with parry and the other with stamina"
    The Druid then furious at this answer told his ML. The ML gave the Druid the cloak and ended the conflict.

Morale: "PUGs will...WILL have idiots/asshats"

Disclaimer: "the druid and warrior depicted in this reply are purely fictional, the similarities between me and the warrior tank we kicked from guild from loot whoring last week are purely coincidental and unintended"
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Here's a bed time story.

Druid tank and warrior tank were both on same raid.And for a time..it was good.
    Then tank cape dropped. Druid and Warrior rolled. Warrior won and took it.

Second raid came. Tank cape dropped. Druid and Warrior rolled again. Warrior won and even if it was the very same cape the druid did not complain.

Druid and Warrior joined same guild by coincidence....and for a time it was good.
    A raid occured and tank cape dropped. The very same cape as before.
    Druid and Warrior rolled both on it. Warrior won.
    But Druid could no longer stand this and asked:
    "Warrior, you have this cape 3 times and there's even a better one from emblems, why take mine as i do not have emblems for cape?"

The warrior replied: " I am gemming each cape with dodge, the other with parry and the other with stamina"
    The Druid then furious at this answer told his ML. The ML gave the Druid the cloak and ended the conflict.

Morale: "PUGs will...WILL have idiots/asshats"

Disclaimer: "the druid and warrior depicted in this reply are purely fictional, the similarities between me and the warrior tank we kicked from guild from loot whoring last week are purely coincidental and unintended"
    thanks to all feeling with me. i also contacted the leader from that guy, maybe he can do something.

Dicks will be dicks. Roll with a guild and this usually won't happen.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by crayven

Your story makes no sense. What kind of fail guild rolls on gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    The one that bids same dkp as his competition?
    druid bids 25
    warrior bids 25

druid bids 50
    warrior bids 50
    time runs out -> they roll -> who wins get their item for 50 dkp. That is how our system works.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I clicked on the thread expecting someone complaining about how loot in a pug didn't go in their bags so other people are greedy expletives. Because on these forums, irony is beaten to death as though you can gain levels off it.

I was not disappointed. Good show!

As an aside there's a huge realm of possible reasons why someone would or wouldn't roll on a piece of gear. He might want to swap gear, he might be planning for a different spec, he might know how to play his class better than you or he might be a drooling monkey hitting the slash random command because he enjoys purple text appearing on his screen when he least expects it. The question isn't why, it's why you think your greed is better than his greed.

Last I heard EJ rolled on gear.

Guilds that have decent people (i.e. not lootwhores) with good attendance all round and use a loot council system with rolling between those eligible?

DKP is probably great if you're in a guild with lots of lootwhoring douchebags though.

Perhaps we're "fail" but we and many others (afaik Borked, a more prominent end-game guild here on Ravencrest still /random too) really can't be bothered to keep track of arbitrary numbers for deciding who gets which purple pixels each week. Just pointing out that there are guilds out there who do things different and still get along just fine :)