Switch from Agi gem to Arp gem

First off I'm sorry if the info I am looking for is somewhere in another thread. I wanted to find out if with my gear, gemming fully ARP would be a dps increase over the AGI gems I have in place now, or if I should wait to get more pieces of ICC gear with ARP.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uard&cn=Mawkis

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Switch from Agi gem to Arp gem

sorry but this has been asked so many times, the only answer I am going to give is:

Femaledwarf.com

Deleted

You ArP from gear is very low so I would say stick to Agi

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelaw
    First off I'm sorry if the info I am looking for is somewhere in another thread. I wanted to find out if with my gear, gemming fully ARP would be a dps increase over the AGI gems I have in place now, or if I should wait to get more pieces of ICC gear with ARP.

No, please do not gem ArP.

Until you are sitting on upwards of 800 ArP from gear it is not going to be worth it. Right now you have quite decent gear and I can't imagine you are hurting in raids.

Yeah, not doing bad at all. Just wondering if it was worth it. Thanks all.

Yeah, not doing bad at all. Just wondering if it was worth it. Thanks all.
    It certainly can be. The problem is it only pulls clearly ahead at very very high levels and far to many people make the jump earlier and then either a) get disappointed that 'ArP is the BEST stat ever!' proved to be wrong in their case or b) delude themselves into thinking that 'shit yeah, now I've gemmed to 900 ArP and I'm doing 1k more dps all the time!' and pass on misinformation to every hunter they see in game.

All hunters with a 232 weapon should gem for ArP. This is the best way to show what your DPS should really be at.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    All hunters with a 232 weapon should gem for ArP. This is the best way to show what your DPS should really be at.
    I hope your joking

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinnifl
    I hope your joking
    No no, its correct. As the people who start the new threads on a daily basis would know if they read the other 100 odd threads on this in the forum already.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    No no, its correct. As the people who start the new threads on a daily basis would know if they read the other 100 odd threads on this in the forum already.
    This is ridiculous. Instead of just ignoring threads of the topic and going about your day you are taking the time and effort to mislead people.

Wow, thanks for that.

Deleted

On a whole, I believe the same rule of thumb applies to ArP as it does for me. Unless you can get ~really close~ or on the armor penetration cap with the help of some additional trinket procs, your gear and gems, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera
    On a whole, I believe the same rule of thumb applies to ArP as it does for me. Unless you can get ~really close~ or on the armor penetration cap with the help of some additional trinket procs, your gear and gems, don't.
    no. just no.

First of all if you wanna go arp you can get away with 5 percent hit so you can lose a lot of that.

I would suggest you try and get one of the frost wing necks there is a 10 and 25 with arp and switch to the leather badge belt if nerub stalkers cord just wont drop. Also your profs happen to be really crappy for arp builds and hunters in general as ap is a weak overall stat. When you get close to hard cap ~1200 it will be over a 100 dps increase to change to jc bs. Also the chest you have is horrible the crafted 245 is superior to it, that is an enh shaman chest.

Also attempt to replace your trinket dbw is ideal and dc is still better than nes even sitting perfectly at soft cap.

tldr wait until you get some better mm gear i would suggest until you regem and eat and are north of 1k you wont see much of a difference. So try and pick up at least 250 more pref with dbw, badge chest, nerub stalkers cord or leather belt, and a better neck of which there are 3 at least in 10 and 25.

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    First of all if you wanna go arp you can get away with 5 percent hit so you can lose a lot of that.

I would suggest you try and get one of the frost wing necks there is a 10 and 25 with arp and switch to the leather badge belt if nerub stalkers cord just wont drop. Also your profs happen to be really crappy for arp builds and hunters in general as ap is a weak overall stat. When you get close to hard cap ~1200 it will be over a 100 dps increase to change to jc bs. Also the chest you have is horrible the crafted 245 is superior to it, that is an enh shaman chest.

Also attempt to replace your trinket dbw is ideal and dc is still better than nes even sitting perfectly at soft cap.

tldr wait until you get some better mm gear i would suggest until you regem and eat and are north of 1k you wont see much of a difference. So try and pick up at least 250 more pref with dbw, badge chest, nerub stalkers cord or leather belt, and a better neck of which there are 3 at least in 10 and 25.
    Since Sindragosa is still hard for many guilds on 10 and 25 man, you can get an ArP neck from 10 man ToC. Even the 232 one is better than higher level non-ArP necks, and you can hopefully handle 10 man hard mode beasts for the 245 version.