A better way to handle the ICC buff

This is already beyond the ability to change but I feel this would have been a much better way to handle the alliance/horde buff in icc.

full 30% unlocked from start, but you have to "earn" it.

Make 7 variations of all relevant achievements, earn them like any progressive achievement such as leveling or gold looted.

You enter ICC on a fresh run without the buff at all.
    Blow 5 attemps, get the 5% buff, get kill within 5 attempts get the highest rank achievement
    blow 10 attempts, get the 10% buff, get kill within 10 attempts get the second highest rank achievement
    blow 15 get 15%, get appropriate achievement
    blow 20 get 20%, get appropriate achievement
    rinse and repeat.

To me this is going to do several things....

1: It gives something more than gearscore to link. Because the kill achievement 95% of the time, a tank with a kill under 5 attempts is going to be a much more solid player than a tank with a kill after 35 attempts. Moreso than gear could ever show(obvious alts are sol as always)

2:The increasing buffs makes the buff more interesting and interactive. Varion and Thrall are actually in ICC with you. With each failure(or 5 failures) they learn something, they get better at their job, they grow with you, and they get closer to the kill with you. This is actually a neat idea to me rather than just. "Hi, my name is Varion, and I'm a nerfaholic"

3: It will all but elimate a lot of QQ. You get the achievement you earned, and you move on

Re: A better way to handle the ICC buff

Game-Wise i could see that being a good solution, however lore-wise I don't see it working out as well as it does now. It's suppose to represent the growing strength of the ashen verdict.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US