Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Silvermoon in Cata

I was just curious to see if they will bother to update Silvermoon in Cata. Sadly I don't think they will since Silvermoon is technically BC content, but who knows? What do you guys think they will do to it?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Silvermoon in Cata

Make it to a battleground

/whistle
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

I don't see why they should, I love Silvermoon as it is. It looks really nice.

I was actually thinking the other day I might make a garden like the Silvermoon ones, they have awesome fountains and the white stone of the buildings looks nice too. Plus who wouldn't want a huge statue of himself near the gates of his own mansion/castle/city?

Remove the demon crystals, take down the Kael'thas statues. Give Liadrin a position of power. Other than that, Silvermoon is an excellent city. It's the players that make it boring.

they probably wont change it at all. Why change something that is perfect? ;D

I mean if you consider perfect torn in half lol

Well, they said most/all zones will see SOME change, however I doubt cities outside Undercity, Stormwind, Ogrimar, and possibly Ironforge will see major changes. Silvermoon will probably have the Kael'thas Statues torndown, maybe some work in the dead scar part (cuz u know, scorge presence being reduced in places.)

I vote that we make the Dead Scar into a nice pretty stream.

They also need to update Lorthremar's model while they are at it from wowwiki:
    "-Lor'themar Theron is the racial leader of the blood elves in World of Warcraft. Out of all racial leaders, his model is the least unique, looking like a common but larger blood elf in simple gear. His quotes are also the same as many of the regular male blood elf NPCs.
    -Even though he lost an eye during the Undead Invasion of Silvermoon in the Trilogy of the Sunwell comic, he still appears to have two eyes in World of Warcraft."

I strongly hope the following changes will happen:
    1) Tainted Scar is covered/removed at least on the city's territory.
    2) Ruins of Silvermoon are rebuilt and rejoined with the city.
    3) No more Kael'thas's statues. (Good idea, Iveon)
    4) No more fel crystals, the Blood Elves have the Sunwell now.
    5) No-longer-Ruins-of-Silvermoon are given some practical value and the city gets more players visiting it.

Filter the nonsense and laugh at what's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivion
    I vote that we make the Dead Scar into a nice pretty stream.
    I disagree.

I vote for Lich Kingworld to be place on the dead scar (and the belf starting zone if the scar isn't enough.)

Hear me out Icecrown Citadel was clearly intended to be a theme park. You have the haunted house and magic show, which are inside. Then there are preparations for a rollercoaster and a huge slide on the outside, just look at it it's clearly being prepared.
    Then they'll probably add a statue of the Lich King somwhere that will say "Frostmourne hungers" untill you put some trash in it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Remove the demon crystals, take down the Kael'thas statues. Give Liadrin a position of power. Other than that, Silvermoon is an excellent city. It's the players that make it boring.
    +1

And update it in full 3d because its a big illusion :P
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

What this guy wrote.

yes! Liadrin is the person who should be in charge, damnit... we need a paladin leader in the horde, and she's actually DONE shit.

I think Lor'themar would make a fine leader if... you know, they actually made him a leader. But Liadrin's sole job right now is to chat it up with A'dal and that's not cool. She could be such an interesting character.

I think Lor'themar would make a fine leader if... you know, they actually made him a leader. But Liadrin's sole job right now is to chat it up with A'dal and that's not cool. She could be such an interesting character.
    doesnt just talk with A'Dal... she makes the pact that allows the Player to not only have a chance at getting into the Sunwell Plateau and save the world from Kil'Jaeden, but also starts the chain of events that revitalize the Sunwell itself, retuning to the blood elves the power that was taken from them when Arthas ransacked Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by shadobeast13
    doesnt just talk with A'Dal... she makes the pact that allows the Player to not only have a chance at getting into the Sunwell Plateau and save the world from Kil'Jaeden, but also starts the chain of events that revitalize the Sunwell itself, retuning to the blood elves the power that was taken from them when Arthas ransacked Quel'Thalas
    True. And Lor'themar did what? Had his speech text changed once when 2.4 was released. A huge accomplishment.
    Filter the nonsense and laugh at what's left.

Point made. But in the scheme of things recently, neither of them have done anything. Even Vol'jin's doing something for once.

Quote Originally Posted by shadobeast13
    yes! Liadrin is the person who should be in charge, damnit... we need a paladin leader in the horde, and she's actually DONE shit.
    Lor'themar has done plenty! He's constantly reviewing and filling out the Horde's paperwork. He is a vital member of the Horde and is under-appreciated I say.

http://www.wow.com/2009/12/01/ask-a-...themar-theron/

Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.
    All hail Garrosh Hellscream!
    I've fallen for a woman... without a pulse. -- Forsaken afficionado. <3

There was a thread about the faction leaders, i don't remember it's name, but the idea was to basically upgrade the leaders there into a sort of council.

They ought to add in Liadrin too, because she's dissapeared from Silvermoon ever since that whole Sunwell thing, and all they give her is scripted dialogue with A'dal.

Kael'thas had his own Council of leaders, each masters of their own field, why not Lor'themar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.