Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Return of Karazhan?

Could it be a bit of foreshadowing or just a really cool item? For the Blizzcon 2011 sale this year, one of the new items is a set of movie style posters based on the Opera event from Karazhan. The link goes to wow insider because the items aren't viewable by everyone yet (only if you have a physical Blizzcon ticket. Which I don't because Blizzards RNG hates me and I have never been able to buy one).

I for one would love to see either a heroic version or Kara extended. Kara is my favorite raid and I think it is probably the best they have done in terms of raid design.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care if it was one of the best instances, Just like uldaur and everything else in the past. We move on to a new future not remain in the past; No more rehashes for the love of god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every 10-20 man raid is a potential target for heroification. Karazhan is large enough that you could get two dungeons out of it without much trouble. There's no indication of what classic dungeons/raids will be reworked into heroics as of yet, but Blizzard has doubtlessly at least considered it.

Those posters are a pretty great idea though.

If you like it so much it's still there you know. Rehash instead of new content is always crap.

Deleted
    We will most likely see something getting done with kara/kara crypts in the future.

Deadwind pass is untouched by deathwing and i believe still protected by magic.

Medivh (the wizard that protects it and shit) his preferred form is a "crow" when you go to kara you can see a Crow flying around above it.

Medivh is not dead, nor is he any place to be seen currently. This is what leads me to believe we will indeed see something being done with Kara or at very least see Medivh in the flesh!

It is entirely possible that this new "looking for raid" easy setting for bad players/bad casual could infact just allow you to raid old content rescaled to your current level. This would save money for blizzard so they didn't have to create whole new raids. It would also allow you to experience old raids.
    Last edited by mmoc1ed7397d63; 2011-09-17 at 01:56 AM.

Karazhan but without trash please.

man I hope not.
    Posters look pretty cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    The trash is the funnest part!!! :-(

I used to kill my shammy healer all the time on every pack of trash mobs pulled in Curators room, they loved mana draining him too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Karazhan trash awesome! Give me exact replica of Karazhan with a worthwhile purpose and I'll be there!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Blizz said that the 3 new 5 mans were new content and had to do with Deathwing. 1 of them is probably War of the Ancients since that story deals with the initial corruption of Deathwing and the creation of the Dragon(Demon) Soul. Kara has nothing to do with Deathwing and would primarily deal with the Burning Legion if that ever comes back.

Man you guys really have rose-tinted goggles on tonight.

The Kara trash was lengthy and tedious, lasting for hours even with superior gear. After a few weeks of running it you would easily remember how boring it was.

I say NO to the return of Kara, let's stop with all the rehashes, and get down to making NEW content.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Don't care if it was one of the best instances, Just like uldaur and everything else in the past. We move on to a new future not remain in the past; No more rehashes for the love of god.
    I completely agree. Kara is doing much more now, sitting there being absolutely useless outdated content.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    The Kara trash was lengthy and tedious, lasting for hours even with superior gear. After a few weeks of running it you would easily remember how boring it was.
    It only took forever once you started doing it and learning it. After a few weeks clearing the entire dungeon didnt take more then an 2.5hrs max with multiple ninja afks and a bio break or 2

I do have to say...No Netherspite tho!!

Corla is enough fail portal dancing with pugs when leveling as it is tho for me to ever wanna see that kind of fight mechanic for a long while >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Blizz said that the 3 new 5 mans were new content and had to do with Deathwing. 1 of them is probably War of the Ancients since that story deals with the initial corruption of Deathwing and the creation of the Dragon(Demon) Soul.
    CoT: War of the Ancients as already been confirmed as one of the new 5mans fyi :-)
    Last edited by Brasnite; 2011-09-17 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasnite View Post
    The trash is the funnest part!!! :-(

I used to kill my shammy healer all the time on every pack of trash mobs pulled in Curators room, they loved mana draining him too :-)
    Your crazy!

I hated all the mods you had to kill to get to Moroes and then over to Maiden. I only have so much time in one evening

10+ Year Old Account
    I love trash. Especially when it is done right. That is, not relying on CC or AoE tanking extensively, and designing trash pulls to be more than "kill this, quick!"

Kara had a lot of good trash in my opinion. Very diverse and fun -- made the instance much more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want the original changed but I would like a new instance that is related to Kara like the fabled upside down mirror version of it or the crypt outside of it.

However I do think it would be interesting to turn the old raids into single-man or 2-man instances. Not changing the original but able to change the difficulty of it, similar to switching between normal and heroic modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind seeing the Kara cypts opened, or Lower Karazhan (the upside-down version found in The Last Guardian) implemented.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Maybe if it was a bit familiar, but not a revamp. It just.. would bring up a lot of commotion and I never liked all the trash in kara anyways. Who here did..?

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    ^^ This, I loved Karazhan but I would like to look back at it with fond memories instead of blizz jacking up the HP of bosses and telling us its new content.

Whosoever touches Karazhan is duty-bound to be stabbed in the neck with a knife. Leave it as it is; we've seen first-hand the fruits of rehashing with the "ever entertaining" Zul Aman and Zul Gurub. Let's not turn the nightmare duo into the nightmare trio.