Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How balanced is WG on your server?

Out of curiousity, I just wonder how balanced the WG is on your server. And with balanced I mean, are horde and alliance about the same strength. I basicly aim for numbers, but some discussion is healthy as well ofc. The numbers I am aiming for you can find in the big book inside the WG relic building close to the summoning stone. Not hard to miss actually.

EDIT: small adjustment:
    Captured: The difference between these is always 1. Since captured is always "turn-based". So first Horde captures, then alliance captures again, then horde again, and so on. You will never be able to capture 2 or more times in a row. So that is why I only add 1 capture number, going for the highest.

For those who didnt report the captured it is prob I didnt ask for it yet.

And ofc, since I am the TS, I feel the duty to start as well:

Europian servers:

Date |
    Servername
    | Alliance defended
    | Horde defended
    | Captured

17-03
    Ahn'qiraj
    -

17-03
    Balnazzar

17-03
    Dentarg

17-03
    Doomhammer

17-03
    Elune
    -

17-03
    Skullcrusher
    -

American servers:

Date |
    Servername
    | Alliance defended
    | Horde defended
    | Captured

17-03
    Emerald Dream

Asian servers:

I will try to update this topic as often as possible. Forgive me if I miss one now and then. Also I dont know if there are any more server groups grouped by continent or part of it.

Re: How balanced is WG on your server?

Ahn'qiraj EU, 17th March 16:24

Horde defended: 1708

Alliance defended: 209

Skullcrusher EU, 17th March

Horde defended: 1311

Alliance defended: 73
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I'll try to get into the relic chamber this month to tell you. Or i'll level a horde alt, it might be faster.

Elune - Europe:

Horde defended: 279
    Alliance defended: 1114

Windrunner 17 March

Horde Defended- 16
    Horde Cap- 156

Alliance defended- 600
    Alliance cap Cap- 157

For the alliance!

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Emerald Dream(US):

Horde Defended: 248
    Horde Captured: 405

Alliance Defended: 21
    Alliance Captured: 404

Quote Originally Posted by lordlight
    Windrunner 17 March
    EU or US? or Asian?

We don't have WG at the moment to check the exact numbers, but both factions are pretty even in terms of results. Alliance have a slight edge on the Horde due to superior numbers.

I think Horde win more defences these days since Blizz limited the number of players in WG*, keeping the results more even. They still invariably have tenacity though, which kills the fun a little as an Alliance player.

* before the raids were automatically assembled with queuing, we used to have one person who would always set up raids with an auto-invite mod, then start a new one as soon as it was full. He was so well known for doing it that at WG time everyone just knew to whisper him, and we had huge turnouts for every battle. It was amazingly fun, until over time he became more and more renowned for his raids, and the zone couldn't handle the amount of people that were turning up for the battles. The zergfests became lagfests. Good times though.

My server use to be quite balanced.

But then faction changes went live.

The horde wins about 80% of them now I would estimate
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Moon Guard - US

At work right now so I can't check the numbers, but I guarantee Alliance doesn't have WG more than once every couple of days, and then only for one 2 hour cycle.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm at work, so I don't have the numbers, but Alliance is about a 4:1 ratio over Horde on Elune.

Before the recent changes to the balance system, Horde would have Wintergrasp ~4 hours per week.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Thermal Paste: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2133 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Dell U3415W 34" 21:9 3440x1440 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Headset: Logitech G35 Speakers: Logitech Z53 NAS: Synology DS214 Play (6TB RAID-0) Router: ASUS AC87R

Arathor-US
    horde only has WG for 2 hours on tuesdays after reset, the 2-3 top raid guilds cap during peak raid times and noone cares the rest of the week. other than that, we might get it a couple times a week early in the morning/in the middle of the night

Dentarg EU
    17 March
    Horde Defends: 1926
    Alliance Defends: 76

I don't play WG anymore because it has become such a lame excuse for world PvP; todays' implementation of WG is completely crap compared to the initial vision Blizz had.

US, Arthas, the horde bends us over. Numbers don't even do it justice. We win when the server comes back up after maitenance because the horde aren't on yet. lawl

It depends on what you mean by balanced. Yes, alliance time of control is less, but on our server who wins is all about turn out. I WG a lot, and I don't think I've seen either side win when they had tenacity. Ever. In that sense, it is balanced. They just need to make it so that instead of having a max for the BG, they have it so that they don't let one side out number the other by more than 2. Then if the lesser side gets more people, the other side can get more people, etc. Keeping the numbers roughly balanced. It also wouldn't hurt if tenacity affected CC, including stuns and such, but in the end, numbers always means more diversified actions per GCD.

Skullcrusher EU - It was fine till the change faction went live. Now hordes controlls WG 95% of the time.

EU Doomhammer

Alliance: 509 defended and 1348 attacked
    Horde: 526 defended and 1348 attacked

As you can see it's pretty equal, although it shouldn't be because we (allies) usualy outnumber horde hence the tenacity alot plus they get the WG bug alot giving them 12 sieges after 1 min making it impossible to defend, but because alliance on average are a bunch of 8 year old retarded fucks, horde still win more than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk
    It depends on what you mean by balanced. Yes, alliance time of control is less, but on our server who wins is all about turn out. I WG a lot, and I don't think I've seen either side win when they had tenacity. Ever. In that sense, it is balanced. They just need to make it so that instead of having a max for the BG, they have it so that they don't let one side out number the other by more than 2. Then if the lesser side gets more people, the other side can get more people, etc. Keeping the numbers roughly balanced. It also wouldn't hurt if tenacity affected CC, including stuns and such, but in the end, numbers always means more diversified actions per GCD.
    With balanced I mean the difference between horde defended and alliance defended. The smaller the difference between the numbers is, the better balanced it is (read, imho more fun you got at WG since one time you are defending, other time you are attacking and not always defending or always attacking).

Anyway, more numbers would be nice!