Fresh 80 gearing resto

Ok so I have a bit of a problem here. I just hit 80 friday night and I've got some "decent" gear so far. Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Secretcowlvl

My problem is I'm seeing three different options for gearing at the moment and it's bugging me on what I should do.
    I got Leggings of the Awakening - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47318 from toc25 (guild run just tagged along).
    I'm not 100% sure how good the 4 piece t9 is so if it's not that great (from what I hear crit is bad right? or atleast not as good as other stats). If it is, then my two options from what I can tell, are to either get the 245 helm from triumphs http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47691 and switch my legs to t9, or keep my legs and get the t9 helm.

The reason this is confusing me is the 245 helm has haste, which I'm obviously not soft haste capped yet, as well as the t9 legs having haste. But, the t9 helm has crit, as well as the leggings of awakening having crit, which is what I would be getting the 4p t9 for, is rejuve crits. So I'm stuck on which option to take, ofc I would normally go haste over crit but in this situation I'm not sure.

Now what my third option was referring to was if the 4p t9 bonus isn't worth it, then should I just get the 245 helm / shoulders from triumphs, and craft my 245 chest. (this is an alt btw, so chances of getting into an ICC run are kind of slim at the moment)

Also one more question is what idol should I get? If the frost one is BiS then should I grab it, or should I save frosts for t10, and if not grabbing it (or even if so, what should I use for now), which would be better, the triumph or valor one (conquest seems useless as I will be raid healing)? Triumph: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47671, Valor: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40342

Obviously the triumph ones healing is more through put, but the mana reduction off of the valor one seems pretty huge if I'm going to be spamming rejuves on everyone.

Thanks in advance.
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Re: Fresh 80 gearing resto

get valor idol first, then the frost one, T9 bonus is very good and should be replaced by 4p T10

Just wanted to point out that the 4pt9 bonus gives your rejuv ticks the ability to crit, it doesn't actually increase your crit. If your healing style favors rejuv, the bonus is very nice. I'm not sure how it fairs for people who favor nourish, as I've never cared for that style.
    Personally, I went for 4 pieces of tier 9 and the frost idol, and its been outstanding for me.

Thanks for the quick answer, and yeah that is what my third option question was, like I said this is an alt, so frosts will be mainly coming from random daily and voa, so getting 4pc t10 atm, or any atm will be kinda down the road. Where as I can get into toc 25s no problem, basicly my question is, is the 4pc t9 better than 245 gear (with correct stats ofc)? (not including 9.5 because I'm not too sure how quickly I would be getting the trophies)
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryDragon
    Just wanted to point out that the 4pt9 bonus gives your rejuv ticks the ability to crit, it doesn't actually increase your crit. If your healing style favors rejuv, the bonus is very nice. I'm not sure how it fairs for people who favor nourish, as I've never cared for that style.
    Personally, I went for 4 pieces of tier 9 and the frost idol, and its been outstanding for me.
    Well I'm going to be raid healing so my focus is going to be mainly on rejuve and wild growth, and yes I know it doesn't actually increase my crit, which is why I'm wondering just how good it is, my crit currently is at 11%ish, so not that great (granted it will get a bit higher with gear ofc). So if the 4p t9 is worth it since rejuve is one of my main healing spells on raid, should I be worrying about gearing crit?
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

Deleted

The tier 9 4set bonus is probably the best set bonus there have been for resto druids..... Ever. Woot i did back in 3.2 was i had 4 pieces of tier 9, enchanter helmet and shoulders with sp/crit instead of Sp/Mp5. which i reckon u do aswell, for having that crit on reju is a pretty big deal.
    tbf i think u should grab the triumph idol, the difference on triumph and frost idol is like 30 ir so SP.. havent bothered looking further into it, but looking at the valor idol, u shouldnt rly need that as a resto druid, unless its for a fight like festergut where u gotta spam that shit, making mana pretty hard to manage at times.
    with ur frost emblems i reckon that u buy an offset piece, like the cloth belt with haste.
    Why not tier 10? well tier 10 is "just" 251, now this is not that big of an increase as a offset item would be, seeing as a offset item obviously i way better, looking at the item lvl.

I'm leveling a Shaman too, I have been reading a lot about gearing him when I get to 80. I found this useful link that have a section about starting gear and BiS gear: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t24796-shaman_restoration/.

¡Hope that helps you!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Omarpr
    I'm leveling a Shaman too, I have been reading a lot about gearing him when I get to 80. I found this useful link that have a section about starting gear and BiS gear: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t24796-shaman_restoration/.

¡Hope that helps you!
    This is a resto DRUID threat,
    Door is -----> that way

From what I've seen, for raid healing, the 4pt9 is about the best option until you can get 4pt10. I currently have 18.9% crit and usually about 20% of my rejuv ticks crit. I wouldn't gear for crit specifically; you'll pick up a decent amount anyway.

Ok tyvm for the info guys, so then my original question stands :P, should i get the t9 helm and keep legs, or get the 245 helm and replace legs with t9? Or from what I take as not gearing for crit, go for the option that gives more haste than crit right? lol
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

The 245 leggings/t9 helm give you more crit and armor, whereas the T9 legs/245 helm give more spirit and haste. (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47318:48154;48155:47691). If you don't mind going for the extra badges, the t9 legs/245 helm should be better than the 245 legs/t9 helm.

Ahh thanks, I didn't even know wowhead had a comparison thing haha, nice to know.. tyvm guys
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

What I really hated is that the 4p bonuses did not really improve throughout the tier sets.

In my opinion the 4p T8 bonus was the best bonus in wotlk. It was an enormous boost and it really hurt to trade it in for the 4p T9 bonus for the stat improvement.

I did not have the chance yet to try the 4p T10 bonus but from what I have heard it the RNG component can be extremely frustrating.

what made 4pc t9 so good was that you didnt need a lot of haste to get haste-capped and could really concentrate on crit gear to boost the bonus it gave. now haste cap has been raised due to the nerf to the GotEM talent. so now those that arent taking the CF talent, need 856 haste and this includes raid haste buffs. haste capped makes healing a lot easier and a lot more fun imo. so shooting for the haste cap will lower your crit chance bigtime and make 4pc t9 less impressive. just something to think about.

also, 4pc t10 is absolutely worthless in 10man content as keeping Rejuvenation on everyone should never be an issue haste-capped or not. it is however, from what i gather, pretty decent for 25mans.

my advice is use those legs for a balance spec and get the 245 badge helm and 4pc t9 and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    get valor idol first, then the frost one, T9 bonus is very good and should be replaced by 4p T10
    Don't do this. The t10 idol is a waste of badges. Get the t9 idol, it's great and has nearly 100% uptime. Don't worry about stacking crit or anything, focus more on haste. Go with whatever off-piece has the most net value of haste and take 4 piece tier 9. The bonus is amazing. 2 piece is useless. Then you probably want to either save frost badges for tier 10 pieces or a 264 off-set piece or like chest or belt.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)