Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: So everyone here loves Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    Oh hush. PvP is far more interesting than PvE.
    And easier to organize.

PvE is just sameold and getting new gear for... What? E-peen? Getting higher on imaginary metres? You've done it once. You have the best gear.. And you're doing it again? Or what?

Wheras PvP, you're not lootwhoring, doing pre-determined and content-limited entertainment. You don't run out of arenamatches. You can keep doing it. And you do it for rating, not to kill a suspiciously tall guy just hanging around on an alchove waiting for you to kill all of his friends.

I have as little understanding of people liking PvE as I have of people disliking RP. :\ This is an PVP/RPGame after all
    So PvP is more interesting, for you. Try not to make it sound as if it's universal truth.

PvP and PvE are played for rewards and e-peen. Sadly, there's always one guy or newbie who will look at someone with better gear and drool over it. That's what happens with any game.

Problem with Arena is that not everyone can win. In PvE at least everyone get to win at some point, when the instance gets nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid

Problem with Arena is that not everyone can win. In PvE at least everyone get to win at some point, when the instance gets nerfed.
    This is the biggest complaint about arena from most PvE'ers. After having basically a 100% win rate against every past boss, or having at least a chance to, having a system where you're supposed to win only 50% of the time hurts egos, and thus turns people off. Even in battlegrounds, with the sheer number of people afk on each side, it is only natural that people actively playing get more kills than deaths, as the afk/alttabbing people get more deaths than kills. I'm sure no one likes to vs a premade that goes 20-0 k/d ratio with each of its players when you're playing with a pug group. People hate arena because it's balanced around 50%.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

My favorite thing about arena is the Kingslayer PvE hero warriors with Shadow's edge and ICC 25/Heroic25 gear training my full relentless shaman with 1341 resilience because they only need Wrathful off pieces which don't even require rating anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Relictus
    People hate arena because it's balanced around 5%.
    Fixed that for you.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

My only problem with arena is the pve game beeng afected when something there needs a change or balance.

there is always going to be people who love arena and those who hate it, just gonna have to realize that. Those who have been here since vanilla, know that this game has changed and will continue to change.

It when from those in the best guilds with access to the best pve gear, raping BG's. To PvP gear getting released and now its actually sort of balanced considering you dont need to spend 29 hours a week raiding, just to survive in a battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor Gear All Star
    there is always going to be people who love arena and those who hate it, just gonna have to realize that. Those who have been here since vanilla, know that this game has changed and will continue to change.

It when from those in the best guilds with access to the best pve gear, raping BG's. To PvP gear getting released and now its actually sort of balanced considering you dont need to spend 29 hours a week raiding, just to survive in a battleground.
    You are right, you need to grind insanely for a MONTH honor to get your gear only for the season to end a month later.
    A LOT more balanced now....yeah..

lol. just do wintergrasp every week and some bg's every now and then and you won't have to grind honor.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted

Two words. Arena Sucks.

Arena didn't kill world pvp etcetc, Flying mounts, crossrealm BG's and instant teleport to isntances did

I prefer battlegrounds and world PvP... I take arena in moderation. Do I hate it? No. Do I love it? No. I think that world PvP should be brought back in a way similar to Wintergrasp... Except instead of the battles being on timers let it be in real time. I understand this would create a problem with either the Horde or Alliance maintaining control for extended periods of time but, I'm sure that is something that can be worked out without having to have a 2hr timer so to speak.

~ Conc

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Fixed that for you.
    You must be garbage if you win only 5% of the time. The ladder system would not work if everyone won only 5% of the time. Everyone's MMR (matchmaking rating) is brought up or down depending on whether you win or lose, so that eventually you fight people of your own caliber. If you've been in arena for even a little while and are still maintaining a 5% win chance against the worst of the worst players, you are truly terrible.

Arena is just a part of wow life. Its here because Blizzard wanted something gladiator style combat and i enjoy it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

I don't know why people hate ARENA in itself, since it's not the ARENA that is killing you. It's not the ARENA that is frustrating you. Good players are good in world-pvp and BGs too, they will use the same tactics and coordination and it will be generally exactly the same as it is in arena, it's just more random and imbalanced becuase of the circumstances. People tend to like worldpvp and BG more because it's more mindless zerging and unbalanced than arena. On the other words, people like winning, whether it's unfair or not. Everyone always praises how "good old 40vs40 huge epic AV battles" were great. I have seen them. No skill involved AT ALL. It's fun sometimes, yes, epsecially if you are bad (you can finally succeed). But there is NO WAY it would be smart to balance WoW around something like that. Or reward players for doing it "good".

People are waiting rated BGs alot. I don't really see why, players who are good in arena will be good in rated BG. It will be exactly as frustrating, if not even more (since there is hardly los / positioning options wich are huge to good players - hunters will dominate most likely). Have you been in 5v5 lately? People die when gates open. It will be like that, only worse, with rated BGs. There is no way player can survive nuke of 5 casters, no matter how many healers there is. BGs may feel balanced because players are not coordinating nearly as properly as they will if rated BGs will be the next arena.

Bad players still can't switch properly and kill healers, they still can't gear properly to dish out the best of their class, they will still rage and whine how something is overpowered when they lose and think it's balanced when they win. Nothing will change. It's not the arena, it's the human nature.

I love arena, it's a challenge and it requires good gear, good team-mates and a good strategy to win. Earning that arena gear is awesome.
    PvP in wow has become focused around arena to much though. BG's are great, but they just dont give you the rewards like arena does.
    I think Blizzard took a huge step forward with wintergrasp, we need to see more "pvp zones" were controlling that zone yields special rewards.

Arena is great, but there needs to be other ways than arena to get the best pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by shamanz
    The Reason warriors/Hunter do overpowered damage in Arena because they would suck in PvE otherwise. The reason Paladin and Druid healers can have such a ridiculous healing output is because they need it for PvE. Arena would be alot easier to Balance if Blizzard didn't care too much about all those PvE Heroes crying because they're doing 5% less dps than class x with the same amount of gear
    Obviously, doing overpowered damage/healing is not the same as being overpowered (unless you're a pala, or if you count 2v2, since you shouldn't as blizzard don't balance around it), since 3 of the 4 classes are in the bottom of highranked arena players. Unless you nerf players survival abilites in pve it won't have that drastic effect on pvp (and they rarely do this for non-tanks for pve reasons).
    http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/player/
    Myself I hate arena, blizzard should stop trying to balance the game around both pve and pvp and just make the abilites work differently vs players and mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Relictus
    You must be garbage if you win only 5% of the time. The ladder system would not work if everyone won only 5% of the time. Everyone's MMR (matchmaking rating) is brought up or down depending on whether you win or lose, so that eventually you fight people of your own caliber. If you've been in arena for even a little while and are still maintaining a 5% win chance against the worst of the worst players, you are truly terrible.
    Ok
    1. I play a boomkin and a feral tank how are my 2 specs viable in arena?
    Arena is all about comp
    3 v 3 ?
    pop heroand all dps jump one target. /end fight
    And those of you who say "bullshit' go into 3 v 3 and see for yourself the 'wondeful gladiator style'.

I stoped playing after 1770 after DESPERATELY trying to reach more and ending up fighting INSANELY overgeared people with INSANE comps.
    And i was damn persistent - 300 + matches / week from day to night , and we still would win 3-4 fights, then lose all points in ONE fight.
    DAMN FUCKING FUNNY AND ENJOYABLE ARENA !

So..YOU are garbage..and you can shove your arena e-peen in your ass.

oooh, spec and comp crying

*WAAAAH, I TRIED TO DOWN LK WITH ONLY DPS, NO TANKS NO HEALERS, PVE SUCKS, WAAAH*
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Ok
    1. I play a boomkin and a feral tank how are my 2 specs viable in arena?
    Arena is all about comp
    3 v 3 ?
    pop heroand all dps jump one target. /end fight
    And those of you who say "bullshit' go into 3 v 3 and see for yourself the 'wondeful gladiator style'.

I stoped playing after 1770 after DESPERATELY trying to reach more and ending up fighting INSANELY overgeared people with INSANE comps.
    And i was damn persistent - 300 + matches / week from day to night , and we still would win 3-4 fights, then lose all points in ONE fight.
    DAMN FUCKING FUNNY AND ENJOYABLE ARENA !

So..YOU are garbage..and you can shove your arena e-peen in your ass.
    ^Prime example of pve'er blaming spec and low-rated experience on personal lack of skill. Sorry, no 100% win/loss ratio handouts here.

It's not about me having an e-peen. It's about you throwing a hissyfit over not winning 100% of the time after having everything else handed to you for free.

While I make no attempt to hide I dislike arena, anyone who uses the words "Fair" "PvP" and "Arena" in the same sentence don't have a very good grasp on what arena is. Sure, 3v3 seems like it's pretty fair numbers but it's far more what class compisition you run, versus how "Skilled" you are. Yes, knowing how to play well will obviously allow you to perform better, but with the glaring flaws in some classes and insane strengths of other classes it's hardly fair. Let alone what is called, "Synergy" such as RMP, which is apparently super ninja skill to CC chain to make it 3v2 for what feels like an eternity in PvP. Or a nice spell cleave who nearly, if not actually, global someone. Or my favorite, double healer warrior, where a PvE geared warrior puts out enough pressure to win it single handedly.

/tinfoilhat
    I wouldn't be all too surprised if it a gimmick to make people keep playing, anyone who "Seriously" PvPs almost always winds up leveling the new FotM class just to play it for a short time before nerfing, and level the next FotM in an endless cycle of subscriptions for blizzard.