Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yogg + 0 25man in ICC gear

So my guild is going for Alone in the darkness on 25man and I am just wandering if there is a different strategy now that we would be all seriously overgeared... For example would we be able to just keep the adds up whilst we nuke down the boss and hope to get him down before we are overwhelmed with adds in p3? Also would it be possible to do it without a full 25man raid?

Cheers

Re: Yogg + 0 25man in ICC gear

I wouldn't say it's impossible with less than 25 players, nor that it would be easy. Keep in mind that it remains a hard fight, one you haven't beaten yet, 25 plaers would be recommended.
    And no, I wouldn't change the original strategy. The immortals hit like trucks when their HP are full, and they would cause the boss to heal himself if left unattended. The original strategy is already some king of zerg, AoEing the boss while separating the buffed immortals from the others, I don't think there's any other way to beat the encounter.
    We've recently made a Uld10HM run to get 310% mounts for our alts, and we easily downed Mimiron with half the people remembering the strat, while Yogg+1 was there to say "nope, no matter how well geared you are, you'll have to play by my rules".

But surely if you have two to three tanks just holding them away from the boss you should be able to burn yogg down before the tanks are overwhelmed?

15+ Year Old Account

Did this about a month ago with my guild, just nuked the boss in phase 3 while 3 tanks tanked the adds away from the boss in 3 camps.

Zerg him in p3 and ignore adds. Sucking in p1 will still wipe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    Zerg him in p3 and ignore adds. Sucking in p1 will still wipe you.
    the cloud boss cares not for your 277 ring

Well i wouldn't say ignore the adds, still need some people to AoE them or else they will still hit your tanks hard, but for the most part like people said you can just tank them away from yogg and have the majority of your dps just zerg him.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtr0t
    For example would we be able to just keep the adds up whilst we nuke down the boss and hope to get him down before we are overwhelmed with adds in p3?
    Thats how P3 works with no keepers anyway, you CANT kill the adds without Thorim. You won't have much of a chance without lowering the adds health some as after 3-4 adds at full health your tanks will be getting 1shot.

The extra stats from ICC will help you with p2 inside the portals and managing the tenticles outside. In P3 it'll allow your tanks to just offtank all the adds away from the boss and not worry about having hunters taunt the marked targets away. You will still need to dps down the adds to relatively low health tho.

And all of this won't matter at all if your dps get mind-controled!

Quote Originally Posted by Destram
    Well i wouldn't say ignore the adds, still need some people to AoE them or else they will still hit your tanks hard, but for the most part like people said you can just tank them away from yogg and have the majority of your dps just zerg him.
    Perfectly possible to just heal the tanks extremely hard with a cooldown rotation and zerg boss. Tanks might die but you should have enough time to finish the boss. Doable even without BL in P3.

Quote Originally Posted by Neltar
    Perfectly possible to just heal the tanks extremely hard with a cooldown rotation and zerg boss. Tanks might die but you should have enough time to finish the boss. Doable even without BL in P3.
    Yeah you're right i just did some number crunching and that is alot easier than i thought haha

15+ Year Old Account

2 portal phases , Bloodlust in P3 , perfectly zergable when soaking Lunatic Gazes in ICC gear.

Being Overgeared is very dangerous...for the melees in the Brain Room, they got a nasty Ability that reflects 60% of their suffered damage back to the player...so if a fury jumps into a Pack of 3 Tentacles....this can end very bad.

But with Icc Gear you'll have to handle the First Shadow Beacon, then just burn the Boss while 2-3 Damage Dealer nuke the new Adds and interrupt siphon life.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I honestly fail to see how this is zergable in 25m?

Yogg has 16.5m hp in P3, and guardians spawn every 10 seconds.

So, lets say you have 3 tank camps as suggested, and 5 healers. This leaves you with 17 dps.

Now, lets say all the dps can do around 8500, even without turning away for gaze, it will still take almost two mins to get down, at which time you'll have 12 adds up, making the tanks die in one hit?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy85
    I'm not trying to stir the pot, but I honestly fail to see how this is zergable in 25m?

Yogg has 16.5m hp in P3, and guardians spawn every 10 seconds.

So, lets say you have 3 tank camps as suggested, and 5 healers. This leaves you with 17 dps.

Now, lets say all the dps can do around 8500, even without turning away for gaze, it will still take almost two mins to get down, at which time you'll have 12 adds up, making the tanks die in one hit?
    CD on Shadow Beacon is 45sec , he has to die before 3rd one hits with survival cooldowns used on 2nd beacon (Adds are AoEd back to 1 when it ends) , at end you will wipe on 3rd beacon ie. 135sec mark , did it about month ago using this "tactic" in nite worth of tries.

So its perfectly viable to have 3 tanks up holding the adds whilst the rest of the dps zerg down the boss with BL? Would it be NEEDED that we have 2-3 dps aoeing down the adds or can we hope to get the boss down faster enough by using their single target dps on boss?

Also if you stay looking at the gaze thought p3 whilst u gaze him how much sanity would be lost?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

You need to do 16.4m damage in 135 seconds. If your 25m raid can kill Festergut you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by toeknee
    You need to do 16.4m damage in 135 seconds. If your 25m raid can kill Festergut you can do it.
    this is absolutely wrong. what about sanity control? this is not tank n spank patchwerk fight.

Nuke him. BL use all your cooldowns, and get make sure your healers use their biggest spells. I'd only do this if your dps is insane though.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    this is absolutely wrong. what about sanity control? this is not tank n spank patchwerk fight.
    Actually is it , given you dont suck in P2 you should have plenty sanity to soak lunatic gazes or at least most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence
    Actually is it , given you dont suck in P2 you should have plenty sanity to soak lunatic gazes or at least most of them.
    If you're just going to outright ignore lunatic gaze you lose 16 sanity and take 24,000 damage every 12 seconds. That's on all DPS. Don't be ridiculous, I've zerged this and we still had to all turn around.