Turn down the hit

Hit is almost everywhere on plate items, not to mention neck pieces and rings (especially those with Str). The off-set 25-man head, chest, bracers and pauldrons all have hit (same thing with hands, belt and pauldron in icc 10). T10 gloves have hit. Frost badge belt has hit. Both reputation rings usable by dps warriors (including one which is BiS) have hit. 2-handed weapons have hit (Cryptmaker, Citadel Enforcer), one out of 2 melee trinkets has hit, etc.

As a result, fury warriors reach the cap very easily and have little room to upgrade without overstacking hit outside T10 or leather items. I my case, I have to gear down some slots to 245 pieces to avoid having too much hit (until I loot hit-less gear, which is really a pain, especially if luck is not on your side).

2 questions:

1. is it an option to drop 3 pts in Precision if you can reach the cap without it (to spec in utility talents like Piercing howl, Improved intercept for instance).
    2. Is it a dps gain to stack hit beyond the cap? My guess is no since it will only increase white hit from OH, but I may be wrong.

Thanks

Re: Turn down the hit

1: Yes, fury warriors have been dropping points from precision to other talents when overcapped.
    You can refer to http://www.wowwiki.com/Hit for the apropriate hit rating values for lower ranks of precision.
    2: I guess it depends on what you compare it with. gaining 10 hit while you're yellow hit capped is better then gaining 10 expertise when you're dodge capped. But yeah in most cases, gaining hit rhymes with shit.

Dude I feel your pain my hunter is trying to sell hit without any luck since I stepped into icc. I can understand loading 5-man gear with hit, but raid gear..really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunedbeats
    1: Yes, fury warriors have been dropping points from precision to other talents when overcapped.
    You can refer to http://www.wowwiki.com/Hit for the apropriate hit rating values for lower ranks of precision.
    2: I guess it depends on what you compare it with. gaining 10 hit while you're yellow hit capped is better then gaining 10 expertise when you're dodge capped. But yeah in most cases, gaining hit rhymes with shit.
    Its not a good idea to drop precision ever really. Each point in precision effectively raises your crit cap on your white damage. As you progress through ICC and reach a crit lvl in the 50%s buffed (which is the case you're talking about), this may affect you. In any regards, precision is still a dps gain, even if you are special capped. Trading it for Booming voice...or Furious attacks...or even Imp Berserker Rage is just silly.

When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

you dual wield, hit may be inferior however never worthless.

what Battousai said, when you have the cooky cutter fury spec, there is no other talent that can give you more of a DPS increase then precision, even when you are special hit capped.

there is nothing wrong with having a tad to much hit, ofcourse other stats gain more value once you are hit capped, but hit still has some value past the cap, actually the term special hit "cap" is wrong, because its technically not a cap.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

I have over 500 hit on my spriest

There's a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    what Battousai said, when you have the cooky cutter fury spec, there is no other talent that can give you more of a DPS increase then precision, even when you are special hit capped.

there is nothing wrong with having a tad to much hit, ofcourse other stats gain more value once you are hit capped, but hit still has some value past the cap, actually the term special hit "cap" is wrong, because its technically not a cap.
    Sorry I am a Sous Chef and I could not let "Cookie" be used like "Cooky", but I agree with the advice

Yeah, don't drop precision. There's nothing else worth taking.

I don't find it particularly hard to avoid hit however. We don't have an armory link, so I don't know specifically what pieces you have. Thinking off the top of my head about what has hit, I know you can replace the tier gauntlets with Gatecrasher's Gauntlets. Replace Polar Bear Claw bracers with Tossk's from saurfang and get your 4 piece from the chest, legs, head and shoulders. There are a few options for neck pieces to replace the one off Deathwhisper, although I can't think of them now. If you're running 10s and you have the claymore, then you can use 2 Ramaladnis, or try to get a Justice Bringer and a Ramaladni.

my warrior has 8% hit with .... about 5 wrathful pieces of gear.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Yea the drops in icc are pretty terrible as far as hit is concerned, can't say it bothers me too much though considering craftables/emblem/tier gear is fairly well itemized and allows you to drop a lot of hit.

Biggest ones that piss me off are bracers (leather is bis no matter what) and the emblem belt having a ton of hit. Blizzard is all "oh we don't want plate classes using leather" but the leather badge belt has a ton of our most desirable stat and the plate one has a ton of one of our least desirable stats. GL killing sindragosa 25 for coldwraith links I guess QQ.

Luckily for you, those drop of Dreamwalker!

Here's a CharDev link: http://www.chardev.org/?template=201625

I have the Claymore (and also Ramaladni but that will put me way over the expertise cap). But if I want to use it, I have to drop the Polar Bear bracers for the lvl 245 crafted ones (I haven't got Tossk's yet as we only saw them drop once and our rogues and feral druids are already drolling all over them)

I have T10 tier gloves which I do not equip because of extra hit.

My neck piece is crap. So much so that I am considering replacing it with the lvl 226 with Arpen and Agi.

PS: I only have 25 expertise but funnily enough, I never get an attack dodged

PS 2: Fury is not my main spec, which is why I cannot afford (for the moment) spending too much emblems/gold on stuff/crafts

Quote Originally Posted by Tunedbeats
    Luckily for you, those drop of Dreamwalker!
    you're right! Hope returns for my pug-only warrior to one day acquire them!

If you're having trouble with too much hit, you're picking up the wrong gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

Everyone has this problem sometimes. I had over 20% hit on my elemental shaman once:S. But the items were still upgrades from what i had.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    If you're having trouble with too much hit, you're picking up the wrong gear.
    Exactly. People just look at the iLvL and not the stats. Avoid items like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49951#comments unless your wearing a 232 chest. Not to mention the number of Fury Warriors i see with the tier gloves of the plate belt.

Yes a lot of gear has hit but work around it. Plan ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack
    Exactly. People just look at the iLvL and not the stats. Avoid items like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49951#comments unless your wearing a 232 chest. Not to mention the number of Fury Warriors i see with the tier gloves of the plate belt.

Yes a lot of gear has hit but work around it. Plan ahead.
    Look at my link, I do not have too much hit.

But working around all the hit-heavy items that drop in icc is really a pain and each new item requires changing 1 or 2 other slots to ajust. As I said, I sometimes have to downgrade to lower level items.

And also take another look at the op: I was asking questions; not complaining in any way