Poll: Do you do H HoR?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic HoR, do you even bother?

I freely admit I always get my 2 easy frost badges, I mean why the hell not?

But...

If I get stuck doing a Heroic HoR, I look at the group, laugh at them, then quickly leave to wait for my 15 min debuff to expire. H HoR is the worst to pug. Now, its easy if you know what to do, but chances are, no one else knows what to do, so why take on the hassle?

I would rather do Occulus.

What do you do?

Re: Heroic HoR, do you even bother?

I usually try it, and the healer doesn't heal good enough or the tank stares at the adds waiting for them to spawn while the boss activates and runs and kills me for healing. Then I leave and realize I should have done what you do.

10+ Year Old Account

Same. I usealy give it a go, but if we whipe because of something stupid I'm out.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Deleted

i give it a try, but most of the time it doesn't come to the point of giving it a try. whenever i join a random HHoR run at least 2 people (one of them always being the tank or the healer) leaves the group. therefore i'm out most of the time as well cause i'm not waiting another 20min for someone to join a dungeon nobody seems to like doing...

Quote Originally Posted by The Handsome Stranger
    so not true. i do the occulus every day for these reasons:
    1.) it has become ridiculously easy and is a good way to earn 4 badges in up to 20 min.
    2.) i still need the "amber void" achievement for glory of the hero ^^
    3.) the drake mount is pretty sweet for me, working my way up to 100 mounts

HoR is not hard to be honest, If i get HoR i don't mind it's a pretty fast instance

I agree with a few of the posters here.I will always give it a go I like the running from LK gauntlet not to do it. BUT if the grp cant handle getting mobs down or stand on opposite side than tank or heals just cant cut it I go and wait for nother try later

Quote Originally Posted by beneholio
    so not true. i do the occulus every day for these reasons:

3.) the drake mount is pretty sweet for me, working my way up to 100 mounts
    ...You don't get the Blue Drake if you choose Oculus specifically, only if you get it from random.

On-topic: I don't mind heroic HoR that much. First time I got it on my prot paladin, I panicked (was still gearing it up, had a level 75 shield, for example.) but it all went pretty well, even had a dps disconnect behind the doors, did the entire thing with four people. It's not too bad, the group can make it easier though.

15+ Year Old Account

I once saw a Seinfeld episode where he made fun of shoppers in supermarkets. People crack on with their everyday lives, often with great hustle, only to descend into a virtually catatonic state the moment that they seize a trolley and begin meandering down the first aisle.

This is what happens almost every time I get saddled with Halls of Stone. The healer is afk while on follow, the tank is eating his dinner while alt-tabbing to email his girlfriend, and remaining dps have a combined output of 2k, usually accumulated while targeting the wrong group of mobs.

My Halls of Stone is your HoR. I hate it, not for the instance mechanics (which are easy), but for the incredibly interesting players I always seem to be grouped with. Still, if I'm sent there I will give it a go. One day, just one day, I'll have a smooth run.

Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshwa
    ...You don't get the Blue Drake if you choose Oculus specifically, only if you get it from random.
    yeah that's right. but the first two are still good reasons to do the oculus

My H.HoRs usually turn out pretty well, no matter my character (tank, healer, and DPS). I admit immediately after H.HoR was released it was painful, but nowadays I'd say the majority of my H.HoRs are successful. I think that enough people have learned you can't totally zone out and expect to walk out of the zone alive; you'll usually have somebody who's basically being carried, but most of the time my groups can afford it. So I wouldn't say it's easy, as the zone takes more concentration than any other 5man out there, but I would say that I stick with it unless the group patently demonstrates they can't hack it.

I would rather do Oculus.

And oculus is so easy, if you leave and complain about that instance too then Ill just consider you a whining kid. Dont try to bring up the "ITS NOT FUN" argument, because NONE of the heroics are remotely fun, except, well, oculus and the icecrown 5 mans. The ones you hate. Hmm.

I voted yes. While i dislike some heroics, im not one to constantly whine to blizzard, drop group at the door and blame the instance. I dont know why you even bother, id rather be doing something in that 15 minutes and its not like im on a tight WoW schedual. I dont know if it makes you feel more cool and elitist, but you just look like a complete moron and you go straight on my ignore list, and im a tank AND a healer, so great job.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted

For a wellgeared Druid tank it's not that hard. 50k hp 5,2k gs. I simply take a look at the healer and dps while the intro is going on.

Had my first wipe yesterday on the place over all the times i've done it. The dps couldn't get down the aboms at the last ice wall. Had a warrior tank so I was a little speculative at first, but when he was taking the casters off me from heal aggro then I had no problem.

Pretty much don't run off the moment you get the place, stick it out and try it.

i leave as soon as i zone in that place is a breeding ground for fail
    Ispamcharge-85-War Ispamfear-85-Lock
    Ispampurge-80-Shaman Ispamstuns-80-Rogue

I'm always thinking one step ahead...
    like a carpenter that builds stairs.

Why is there still so much hate for Occulus? It's called up

1. Mount drake
    2. Go up
    3. ???
    4. Profit

The place was never hard, and it's been nerfed six feet deep.

Cataclysm concepts for your enjoyment:
    T11 shoulders || Shadow Hunter Hero Class

Deleted

Out of my 19 HoR Randoms only 2 failed.

Out of my i don't know how many Oculus pugs, only 1 failed.

Stop being whiny nabs and work for your emblems.

Edit: I'm a Tank

15+ Year Old Account

As a healer is probably the only heroic I get some level of challenge out of. Not that its much of one, but its still a lot more fun than running DTK or Nexus.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyForever
    Had my first wipe yesterday on the place over all the times i've done it. The dps couldn't get down the aboms at the last ice wall. Had a warrior tank so I was a little speculative at first, but when he was taking the casters off me from heal aggro then I had no problem.

Pretty much don't run off the moment you get the place, stick it out and try it.
    I find that insanely hard to believe unless you just started doing that place like last week. Typically I stick it out for one wipe. If I die because of healing aggro I leave. If I am DPS and the healer dies I leave. If I am tanking it tends to go fine so it really depends on what character I am on. It would be nice if the adds in the first part of the instance were a little more predictable, visible, and controllable. I greatly enjoy trying to find out which one of the ghosts standing amongst all the rest of the ghosts is the one shooting/casting on the healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarlac
    Why is there still so much hate for Occulus? It's called up

1. Mount drake
    2. Go up
    3. ???
    4. Profit

The place was never hard, and it's been nerfed six feet deep.
    I don't understand the hate anymore either. The first hall is still stupid because adds are untankable do to their positioning. Aside from that the place is a complete joke. Its just annoying having to constantly mount and dismount. Really it boils down to a 8 badge, free gems, chance at an epic mount in about 12 minutes. Don't know why anyone would hate on that.

I give it a few tries, if We haven't even downed the first boss by the time my 15 debuff is gone, I'm out. But if the group isn't retarded, its pretty easy. I was able to successfully heal it on a shitty geared resto shaman alt because dps wasn't stupid enough to go all out on mobs before the tank established aggro.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

I used to, but not anymore. I hate wiping in that place because of DPS not being able to focus/burn/play or a healer not keeping me up when I get stunlocked/poisoned etc or when my tank doesn't hold all the mobs.

I love the instance, especially tanking it (especially with instant cast Glyph of Turn Evil \o/), however it's not worth the hastle when I can log to another char, do the daily while my debuff ticks or just go AFK. I do the same for Culling of Strat now as well, I seriously get it everyday on my Paladin tank on the first queue, tired of it.

WTB Oculus every day.