Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Standing still on DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Sonkzor
    No. 1. You do not need ArP for Blood dps (lol).
    Expertise cap is nice to have, but not 100% essential, you can have good dps, and have no expertise. (I was like this for a while..)
    I don't really have much experience as an Unholy DPS, but I'd imagine it isn't too much different from Blood, or Frost DPS.
    There is plenty of Sticky's on this Forum, to direct you in the right direction, and help you with gearing, and rotations etc.
    No and you dont need a weapon to DPS with either, on a more serious matter, arp will eventually surpasses str as the best stat for blood DPS when you have quite a lot of it on your gear and starts gemming it.

If we are talking blood DPS here, expertise is more important for blood than it is for Unholy as Unholy has more free gcds.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes

Can I get a quick explanation as to why druid HoTs assist in his damage? Sorry if this is common knowledge
    look up the talent revitalization
    btw on standstill bosses where your ALWAYS behind the boss you can make do with like 10exp, EP values for exp are scary bad
    nother thing exp cap > all for blood n frost due to being GCD restrained

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Memm

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge
    No and you dont need a weapon to DPS with either, on a more serious matter, arp will eventually surpasses str as the best stat for blood DPS when you have quite a lot of it on your gear and starts gemming it.

If we are talking blood DPS here, expertise is more important for blood than it is for Unholy as Unholy has more free gcds.
    There is no such thing as a free GCD for any DK.

Which is actually one of the things I like about the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    There is no such thing as a free GCD for any DK.

Which is actually one of the things I like about the class.
    Try playing unholy some day, if you don't have druids rolling hots on you the whole time you will have free gcds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Try playing unholy some day, if you don't have druids rolling hots on you the whole time you will have free gcds.
    I do and for PvE dps I have no GCD. If I'm not hitting SS I'm refreshing diseases, if I'm not doing that I'm blood striking, if I'm not doing that I'm Death Coiling, if not that Horn of Winter, if not that ERW (presuming my runes are on CD), or I'm hitting gargoyle, or army, or even AMS or IBF.

There is literally never a time when I am not hitting something that helps me out, although I will admit that there are times where I am waiting for less than a GCD for a rune to come off CD.

But yeah, no such thing as a "free" gcd for a DK. Which is one of the things I like.

If it doesnt increase your dps its a free GCD! ams + ibf are off gcd anyways or else it'd be a bitch in arena
    and yes assuming disease twisting and no resto druid w/ hots and no outside magic damage to soak, you will get free GCD's as unholy, the rp generation to get atleast 2 dc's per rotation isnt there.
    (if you want to see what the true definition of no free gcd's is, go play frost and qq when you cant dump all your rp and rime procs in a single rune refresh

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Memm
    (if you want to see what the true definition of no free gcd's is, go play frost and qq when you cant dump all your rp and rime procs in a single rune refresh
    Being above 50 RP for two full rotations because I prioritize rune use far above RP dumping makes me sad.

cant wait till frost is fotm with the next patch changes
    gonna be so many threads about not being able to do vgood dps lol