Thread: Pet healing.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pet healing.

It seems that every single healer I ever group with tells me it's my job to keep my pet healed with Mend Pet. Yes, I use mend pet when he takes damage, but some times it's just not enough. So I tell them to please heal my pet and I get "omfg noob not able to control hiz pet lawlz" every single time. Do people not understand or something? Kinda annoying.

Re: Pet healing.

I got one question for you.. Are we talking random heroics and Pug raids?

If you pet is dieing, chances are, its your fault.

Hunter101: Growl off, and if the pet is in Fire, call it back to you. It isn't hard.

Pets have a 90% reduction to all AoE damage now. I honestly can't see how your one is dying so much that it needs healing from a healer. Also, keep in mind most healers who would be using Grid would have pets turned off, since they don't really care about pets and they make it look messy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Since mend pet is as pitiful as it is there really isnt much you can do to keep fluffy alive once shit has hit the fan. From there it's the healers job, but of course, human targets take a higher priority. If your healer outright refuses because you have a pathetic HoT call him a primadonna and stay away from him just in case it's contagious.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni

Hunter101: Growl off, and if the pet is in Fire, call it back to you. It isn't hard.
    in 95% of the cases then this is a YES..

However.. There are times where its nice with a Renew or SOMETHING on the pet.. And my healers usually dont mind throwing one or a light heal if the shit hits the fan

I can't remember how long ago I turned off my pet health bars. I couldn't care less about your pet. Use mend pet, if it dies, rez it. The one exception I make is in arena, doing 2's with DK buddy, I keep his ghoul up when/if I can. I've yet to have someone ask for a heal in raid, I don't care if you ask in a PuG heroic.

Might sound like a dick, but like I said, I turned off my pet bars, if I'm doing a Heroic with you, which hopefully takes less than 20minutes (usually right around that 15min timer fading) I'm not going to go back in and enable my pet health bars, on the off chance yours might need a heal. If the tank is awesome, and doesn't need much healing, then I'll melee and offensively Holy Shock.

Edit: I played hunter from Vanilla, and into TK in BC and never really expected a heal from a healer, I solo'd elites with mend pet, and then the AoE damage mit came along, awesome!

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.

i do heal pets occasionally, but they are the lowest priority, and i hope you understand why: everyone else is more important.

also i have to agree with the other people in this thread, its probably your fault that the pet is taking big damage in the first place. know your encounters and handle your pet accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbt
    Really, the people doing 1.5k dps in a heroic instance are meant for that instance. You should be applauding that they are taking the time to farm emblems for better gear instead of sneaking their way into your ICC 10 man pugs.

well i use healbot i have max pets at 5 and in 5 mans and or raids ill heals pets as needed
    and dont flame me on healbot use, i tried grid clique, just didnt like it,
    but in 5 mans idk the gear of most ppl who do it but my druid is well geared and usually run with other well geared ppl, ill do w/e i have to, to not fall asleep, dps,heal pets, bomb heal tank just to stimulate the run,

its funny tho to see ppl be lazy to press a button, next they will be complaining because they want a machine to breathe for them to.

Yeah... heal your own pet. That is, if people are taking damage. If everybody is at 100% and your pet is taking damage, i will heal him if i see it. However i dont monitor pets because hunters can do a few things to stop damage / heal their own pet (Cower / pull back / mend pet)

Pet < Player

This is sort of like a mage asking a druid for innervate. The mage, not wanting to stop dpsing (Which i know we all dont like doing) refuses to evocate. He then bothers the druid asking for an innervate so he regens mana.

PS - I am both a healer and a hunter. Not at the same time obviously, but i have alter egos.

edit - > =/= <
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Every healer now has incidental aoe healing, one CoH/Wild Growth/Chain Heal/Holy Light Glyph will top it up. The question is, why is your pet taking so much damage to kill it? I can't remember the last time my pet died, or even the last time I had to use mend pet for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Pets have a 90% reduction to all AoE damage now. I honestly can't see how your one is dying so much that it needs healing from a healer. Also, keep in mind most healers who would be using Grid would have pets turned off, since they don't really care about pets and they make it look messy.
    I toss a Renew on Pets, every once in awhile. It's not often, not in the least. But it happens when I can. Also, hi Abandon.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

I must be over the top nice then i always show health bars and heal pets. Ofc players come priority but in a lot of fights, even in icecrown, its very very easy to make sure pets survive.
    I know my guild hunter is very good so if his pet is dying, its not his fault and mend pet is crappy

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0070
    I must be over the top nice then i always show health bars and heal pets. Ofc players come priority but in a lot of fights, even in icecrown, its very very easy to make sure pets survive.
    I know my guild hunter is very good so if his pet is dying, its not his fault and mend pet is crappy
    I always heal pets aswell when i finnaly bother to heal on my paladin.. Players are always top prio to keep up.. But its not hard to heal.. Hence why i can't be bothered with it really.. So tossing a flash of light to save a pet is not really a problem..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni

Also if growl is on why am i going to heal it when it's making the tank's job harder?

10+ Year Old Account

I always try and keep the pets alive in heroics but some times if I get an undergeared tank that needs a lot of healing some times I forget to give the pet a quick heal but most of the time im good on keeping pets up. I would say sure keep your own damn pet alive, but I feel as a healer that its my job to keep everything and everyone alive.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

I don't usually heal pets. There's really never a time when your pet should need it. If he dies, it IS your fault. I understand that mend pet is sucky at the best, but you should really never need to heal that much in the first place.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

As someone stated, all healers have a commonly used AoE heal (assuming pallies glyph HL and disc priests use PoH) that will top pets off. NEVERTHELESS, I use grid and do have pets turned on, and I consider it my personal mission to keep those pets alive. I have been known to earth shield a pet. I will gladly NS HW a pet. If the pet has a good name, it's that much more likely to get a heal.

Yes, my growl is off, yes I use mend pet and pull back when needed, but it just seems it still dies, and when I ask to heal it a bit, I just get "not my job" or "omfg huntard".

I usually heal pets on my Paladin....and only because i havnt figured out how to turn off pets on heal bot :-X