Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New enhancement spec emerging?

looking at Rihmz <Paragon> and Belth <Ensidia> they have a new spec.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...=Belth&group=2
    no mana regan..

seems like a more movement friendly/single target spec.. is this spec favored for the Lich King?

Re: New enhancement spec emerging?

Once you are geared enough you are supposed to spec like this. It has been this way since Totc.
    http://www.youtube.com/ziified13

Lol, funny thing is i dont keep up with high end players specs and stuff and i specced like this a while back ago. i guess great minds think alike?
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton) the same applies to Marshmallows!

well, i understand that its the best spec to maximize dps, ive yet to try it tho..

i miss the glyph of fire nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Goregasm.
    well, i understand that its the best spec to maximize dps, ive yet to try it tho..

i miss the glyph of fire nova.
    You shouldn't be using glyph of fire nova unless it's on trash really.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    it showed me a significant single target dps increase...

it showed me a significant single target dps increase...
    Then you are doing something wrong. Maybe you are prioritizing fire nova too high? It should be our least used ability (above refreshing MT and LS if they still have ticks/charges left)

Btw: did you sim it?

Quote Originally Posted by Butu
    Then you are doing something wrong. Maybe you are prioritizing fire nova too high? It should be our least used ability (above refreshing MT and LS if they still have ticks/charges left)

Btw: did you sim it?
    never simmed it, my rotation and priority is fine. doing like 10.5 on fester, gonna take that other spec to fester next week. see what the deal it

it really depends on the fight and how your guild does boss's i have been using this more and more depending on the fight....it is really good for say Lich King and valks and no to mention the whole first phase...also its good on Marrowgar for bonespikes again depends on how your raid does it but in mine we all stack up together and just let aoe burn the spikes down and sindragosa for frost tombs. its just best to switch it in and out depending on the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Masicar

it really depends on the fight and how your guild does boss's i have been using this more and more depending on the fight....it is really good for say Lich King and valks and no to mention the whole first phase...also its good on Marrowgar for bonespikes again depends on how your raid does it but in mine we all stack up together and just let aoe burn the spikes down and sindragosa for frost tombs. its just best to switch it in and out depending on the fight
    absolutly, i used to have a diff spec for Valithria and PP for example, im gonna try the original one i posted now tho.

im doing LK attempts as we speak, and my 2nd spec with Fire Nova glyph is doing more total dmg to Lich King alone(single target) then the other spec without glyph of fire nova, while still breaking higher DPS over all due to the AoE

never simmed it, my rotation and priority is fine. doing like 10.5 on fester, gonna take that other spec to fester next week. see what the deal it
    The issue here is that fire nova is typically setup only set to be used only before lava lash and nothing else in your priorities. And using fire nova glyph to reduce that cool down means you're using it too early in your priority rotation. You shouldn't be using it every 3 seconds or really need to be using it more than every 6 seconds. If you have a sim config that proves otherwise by all means post it, but everything I've seen on single target fights puts fire nova only above lava lash.

The issue here is that fire nova is typically setup only set to be used only before lava lash and nothing else in your priorities. And using fire nova glyph to reduce that cool down means you're using it too early in your priority rotation. You shouldn't be using it every 3 seconds or really need to be using it more than every 6 seconds. If you have a sim config that proves otherwise by all means post it, but everything I've seen on single target fights puts fire nova only above lava lash.
    before lava lash is exactly where i fit it into my rotation.

Then how the hell isn't it a wasted glyph if it's a 3 second cool down and you'll rarely, if ever, use it immediately once it's off cool down in your priorities? I have mine spec'd into but not glyphed and I never find myself looking to use it on cool down except once in a blue moon, which isn't reason enough to glyph it.

This is exactly what sic's saying, and is the truth. If you really are ONLY prioritizing it before lava lash then you should never NEED that extra cooldown the glyph offers. Ever. ESPECIALLY single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukamok
    This is exactly what sic's saying, and is the truth. If you really are ONLY prioritizing it before lava lash then you should never NEED that extra cooldown the glyph offers. Ever. ESPECIALLY single target.
    it happens a lot when i have a free GCD to use in between my rotation, when everything is down, and a 3 sec fire nova is great for that...

it happens a lot when i have a free GCD to use in between my rotation, when everything is down, and a 3 sec fire nova is great for that...
    It shouldn't be if you're using a standard priority system. It will happen, but should be so rare that a 3 second CD shouldn't be of as big a benefit as say the windfury glyph.

I use it as soon as it comes off CD when there are multiple mobs up. I dont change spec's i just keep the same Best raid spec and even using FN on every CD(when there are multiple targets in range) and i dont have any mana issues at all tho my gear is probably slightly above avg.

I've been using this spec for a while, since I was not having issues with mana I changed some talents. :P
    But I still run out of mana on heroics, wich is not a problem since I don't run them anymore.

Your build must fit your playstile before anything.

sicness, can i see an armory? so i can see ure spec or something, just to see something