Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: The "Stam is all that matters" tanks

I feel for you. A lot of the heroic tanks come in at around 36k which is fine for a heroic. They are still crushable though, and their gear has a lot of that +stam stuff on it.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I feel for you. A lot of the heroic tanks come in at around 36k which is fine for a heroic. They are still crushable though, and their gear has a lot of that +stam stuff on it.
    Crushable in a heroic? Are they level 78?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iglocska
    Oh and not being able to keep up a tank of any sorts on Uld10 razorscale is just lol...
    If they don't taunt in groud phase and lose their armor, they are very hard to keep up, yes. I've seen such tanks in PUGs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iglocska
    Crushable in a heroic? Are they level 78?
    Only +4 or higher mobs crush since LK.
    So even if they are 78, only the lvl 82 heroic bosses would crush them. (Unless their unmodified defense is below the maximum possible at their level)

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    I have an incredibly hard time trying to imagine all the things you could possibly be doing wrong to do that badly.

Has to be standing in fire, you should be able to easily solo heal a dps plate class tanking razor's adds.
    Idd. He should have full T9 really, and if you have that, you should have enough Def and avoidance built into the gear to be able to do U10 with full stam ench and gems easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Srsbznss
    It's the Defense MINIMUM

your allowed to have more. infact, getting more then the MINIMUM is a good thing.

the word cap means that once you get to it, your done.
    It is the defence cap. Period. Geming for more deff after beeing crit imune is just stupid, getting more deff from gear uppgrades is NOT bad tho.
    Once you get the critt immune you are done.
    That doesn't mean that deff is useless after, but you would be better of aiming on stam instead

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    Only +4 or higher mobs crush since LK.
    So even if they are 78, only the lvl 82 heroic bosses would crush them. (Unless their unmodified defense is below the maximum possible at their level)
    Hence why I said level 78, he said that tanks crushable in heroics. A mob has to be 4 levels higher than you to crush you and unlike raids, heroics only have level 82 bosses, meaning you'd have to be level 78 to be crushed.

Oh and he said that the adds killed the tank, not the debuff you get in P2 (when no adds are spawning and none should be up still - but it may have been someone else mentioning that it was the adds, in that case my appologies, but nevertheless stam stacking still has nothing to do with him going downn then).

15+ Year Old Account

There is only 1 add at Razorscale which is somewhat dangerous to a tank.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=33846#comments
    Maybe it was not handled quickly by the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    There is only 1 add at Razorscale which is somewhat dangerous to a tank.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=33846#comments
    He's hardly dangerous for any tank specced / geared person. He's dangerous if a rogue killing sprees him while he's bladestorming, but that's about it.

you'd be amazed of the amount of pally tanks these days who doesn't know how to use holy shield. whenever I decide to heal a heroic, 1 out of 4 protadins have no clue what they're doing, and they're being carried by the rest of the group, but don't seem to care. and a prot pally not using holy shield will seem mighty squishy, it makes quite the difference in a heroic or 10man :P

Ah and here it is:

You might laugh, but it was ulduar 10. Razorscale adds were ripping him apart. The holy paladin had to LOH him and I had to use pain supp early on. We did end up keeping him up, but it was fairly terrifying. We were doing the achievement and taking 4 adds at a time.

In the game's current state, the only reason for a tank to prioritize avoidance over EH would be to save the healer(s) mana.

A shitty reason prompted by shitty healers, but a reason nonetheless I guess.
    "I like to tank pugs. It toughens me up and makes my skin as thick as my armour." - mouseno4

Having tried both sides of the coin...

As a healer, my only concern regarding a tank during heroics is that he is geared enough to keep threat on him. As long as the tank keeps the adds on him, he's doing his job. Other than that, I'm in no position to pass judgement, even if said tank is from my server. =\

Maybe that tank runs with a guild with healers who can recover from the lack of mitigation. That's pretty much how the top end tanks approach progression, stack stam and have the healers do their job.

Propaine, after checking your wowprogress, If you're going to be immature & judgmental in a priest forum while being in a guild that can't kill festergut and go around calling other players bad, then right back at ya. I happen to be ranked quite often on WoL for hps output, so I'm not one of those healers who casts a heal every 3 seconds. Please read the rest of my posts before typing out a response that clearly shows you halfass everything you do - including reading posts. I'm going to ignore you and talk to the good players now.

Predicting damage - the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Minia
    Propaine, after checking your wowprogress, If you're going to be immature & judgmental in a priest forum while being in a guild that can't kill festergut... blabla
    How can you know that they've even tried?
    My guild downed him this friday and was formed this a week ago so think of those small things to.

Good point =p But if you look at his posts, he's never posted anything -not- rude. Except the post asking for handholding of course. Not to mention everyone knows the mechanics of the fights, because most 10man pugs get far in icc10. At least on my server. They usually fall apart at queen / putri.

Predicting damage - the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Minia

He says armor is useless over stamina because it doesn't make much of a difference. However we have a warrior tank in my guild, who gems mostly stam, but enchants his cloak / chest etc with armor.

Tanks with block tend to be vastly superior on add packs.

Being that squishy is probably more of a result of the tank not knowing how to mitigate damage with his skills than lacking avoidance.

If a tank dies and still has Last Stand or Shield Wall up, its just as much his fault as the healer's.

Depends on the situation.

If I'm in a fight with substantial magic damage, I'll go back to my brewfest trinket. If not, I'll toss on an armor trinket.

Bottom line is this: once you have good enough gear you're so far down the diminishing returns slope that slotting anything other than stam is largely a waste of the gem slot.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ceara
    Being that squishy is probably more of a result of the tank not knowing how to mitigate damage with his skills than lacking avoidance.

If a tank dies and still has Last Stand or Shield Wall up, its just as much his fault as the healer's.
    wtfamireading.jpg

So if he doesn't know how to mitigate damage but he still does it (LS & SW) and he dies it's still his fault for dying ? I don't get you.