Thread: Account Frozen

15+ Year Old Account

Account Frozen

Hey, has anyone ever had their account "Frozen" out of the blue? I was playing earlier today, and just went to the WoW forums a few minutes ago only to find that I couldn't post anything. Logging into my account, I saw that its status was "Frozen". It sounds like a security measure but I have never done anything to compromise my account. Its security cannot have been breached as the only place I play is my laptop and I sweep that thing with a fine-toothed comb. Is there any reason that people can think of as to what would initiate such an action?
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Account Frozen

The best idea is to call blizzard and find out why it might be because a credit card error to they think someone logged into your account. Only blizzard knows why.

from personal experience, its says Account is Frozen when your play time runs out, are you sure yours didnt run out?

WoW Aint Free Bro

15+ Year Old Account

Doesn't it automatically charge your credit card when it runs out? Pretty sure subscriptions are recurring. I'll double check to be sure.

Calling Blizzard isn't viable. I live in Japan. I'll wait till they email me back with a proper response.
    For the Alliance!

You can check somewhere in your account management if you have a running subcription. Maybe you accidential cancelled the subscription?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

i just buy the game time cards from the store =P so i occasionally forget too re-up it.

Deleted

It could also be that your credit card is out of money, so they can't charge you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Doesn't it automatically charge your credit card when it runs out? Pretty sure subscriptions are recurring. I'll double check to be sure.

Calling Blizzard isn't viable. I live in Japan. I'll wait till they email me back with a proper response.
    are you sure you have money on the account you're charging from? ;D
    I've had my account "frozen", not being able to post on forums, but still being able to play for like a full day before getting charged and unfrozen. a delay between blizzard and your bank most likely.

Have you gotten a new credit card lately? ie: Expiry dates are now incorrect?
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

today this happened to me too

my account was frozen, so i got out and recharged my card, but i found that i had already enough money to refresh subscription.

when i tried to re-attach my card to the account it gave me an error of "payment unaccepted" and "the security code is invalid".

now i will wait till tomorrw, anyway this sounds strange
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Check your payment section of the account management, I have had it happen a few times where, for no reason at all, my account freezes, and i just need to re-enter my credit card info

15+ Year Old Account

Check your payment section, check email.. I had once frozen account, because friend of mine paid me month of subscription when there were no GCs on stock and I had no my own card and they (Blizzard) refused this payment because he is from different country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    Check your payment section, check email.. I had once frozen account, because friend of mine paid me month of subscription when there were no GCs on stock and I had no my own card and they (Blizzard) refused this payment because he is from different country.
    i checked both, but the problem is not that, i'm using the same card for a couple of years, always worked...today not. maybe it's only a problem of delaying like someone pointed out.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, there is a coincidence here, actually. See, I live in Japan and I don't have a credit card -- no one here even knows what WoW is, so Gamecards are out. What I had going was that my brother was paying with his New Zealand credit card and I just transferred money into his account.

The coincidence is that just this morning I mentioned to him that he should remove his credit card from my subscription, because I had no idea how long was left before it charged his card again. For all I knew, it had done it last month or wouldn't for another two. Turns out, the subscription payment was due tonight.

His card was still the active payment method, and from what I've read here, perhaps there was a glitch between his bank and Blizzard when it tried to pay for the subscription. Chances are he has spent too much on his credit card this month, it went *pop* and my account was frozen. Weird coincidence, but there you have it.

So, I cancelled his card from my account, pulled out my wife's card and input the details. What does it do? "Unspecified error". :/

I've emailed billing to see if I can work out how to put my wife's card on. In the meantime, I'm going to take a break from the game and apply for my own credit card. Maybe these discriminatory Japanese will give me one this year... \n/

Edit: In retrospect, I should have just left it till the morning. Chances are it was a delay. It just goes to show that impatience only causes more issues. Now I have no way to pay for my account, haha
    For the Alliance!