Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 3.3.3 this week, Blue posts, Comics

Is Patch 3.3.3 this week?
    Yes, most likely. (The "most likely" is only here to make sure that you don't yell at me if something changes)

Check the Patch 3.3.3 PTR Notes for a quick summary of the changes, the regular recap will be available on MMO-Champ soon.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Rogue damage distribution
    Overall, we think rogues do too much passive damage -- autoattacks + poison. We want to shift more of that towards their specials, which will let both the finishers and the generators hit harder while keeping sustained damage about the same. It might mean less-skilled rogues do less damage by comparison, but that's not really a bad thing. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Tanking and Rage Management
    Early on in Karazhan you could get rage starved, and then letting off of some of the buttons for Shield Block or vice versa if you needed threat was a decision. I disagree with you that it was a major problem past that point. In the raids that followed you pretty much had enough rage to do whatever you wanted because the bosses hit so hard, unless you just got unlucky and had a string of avoidance or something.

If you look at parses today of good tanks, you'll see them convert a great deal of autoattacks to Heroic Strike. Some of them can hit 100%. That implies rage is never an issue and they would have been able to hit the old Shield Block as often as they wanted... perhaps macro it even.

Now if rage was a little harder to come by, then yes, you might make the decision between threat and survivability abilities. However, as a counter to that point, consider that MD and ToT combined with tauntable bosses and a lack of threat management fights like Voidreaver or Vael probably make threat rarely matter, so you lose the decision again.

If we nerfed tank rage income in Cataclysm as well as nerfing the threat of MD and ToT, then I could see warriors and druids maybe having to manage their rage so they have enough for both threat and cooldowns. It's tricky though. If we went too far, then you'd feel continually rage starved, which is pretty frustrating. Having to manage a resource can be fun. Never having that resource to manage would suck. (Source)

The MMO Report Spoiler Alert
    Oh, look, it's Monday! And it's MMO report time! With a spoiler alert this week, I guess. And people will probably yell again.

HTML Code:
    <object classId="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg44867"><param name="movie" value="http://g4tv.com/lv3/44867" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://g4tv.com/lv3/44867" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object>

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #230 and Teh Gladiators #118 are out.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Patch 3.3.3 this week, Blue posts, Comics

Admit it, you like being yelled at Bibi ;o

10+ Year Old Account

Sweet DLC Looking forward to 333

Woot! I really hope it does hit this week. I'm sitting on a TON of honor marks.

DLC FTW!!

lol "shot in the arm to keep them at the top of the heap, or above farmville!"
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Voisin
    Admit it, you like being yelled at Bibi ;o
    I've been very naughty.

Hope 3.3.3 got to be installed next wednesday... Need new Patch!

Yeah, make those bad rogues go away now!
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

This DLC was obviously written on drugs ! ;D

It's nice to see that Warriors are getting some love since a few weeks,some changes could be interesting in Cata. Its pretty good right now though :P

15+ Year Old Account

The MMO report was hilarious. Keep 'em coming!
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

as usual DLC rocks.i hope that i will not have to yell at you boub
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

So, they're finally getting to that tremendous damage buff Rogues got a little while back? Hopefully they won't destroy Rogue DPS or make that oversight baseline.

And you know you love being y-someone already said that. D:

Addendum: This MMOReport reminded me of what Blizzard is doing with the lore. QQ.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Oh great, you got G4 to believe that "leak"... my fear is that this becomes so big that Blizzard feels compelled to actually change their probably (at least more) believable plans for Cataclysm to fit that "raaaaah war and racism!"... "speculation".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Nnnngh! Thrall is not the new Guardian. God fucking damnit...

MMO Report has definitely gotten better from it's early shows.

I actually can't put into words how ****ing terrible Teh Gladiators is now. Like...just so bad...I can't express it. Does anyone out there even like it anymore? Tries too hard to make a good story and the feeble attempts at humor are just pitiful.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

I'm going to stand by my "Thrall is not the guardian, cairne dying isn't confirmed" theory, but I think I may as well shut up about it, mainly because I hate "I told you so"s unless it's me doing them

Also, mmo-report looked good this week, yay furry MMOs, crying shame all the races are so stubby though
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    Nnnngh! Thrall is not the new Guardian. God fucking damnit...
    I got into an argument on another forum, and I guess I can add a few things on my own site.

I sincerely doubt that it's as simple as "Thrall becomes the new Guardian" and "Cairne dies", this was the general idea when Cataclysm was announced and it leaves plenty of room for interesting lore twists.

I still endorse everything I reported on the front page, I'm just saying that it won't be that simple. Now ... it's not like it's the first time Saurfang tries to take down a Horde leader before an expansion... right? And it's not like Cairne doesn't have any enemies.

Edit: I also want to add that the lore leak originated from SomethingAwful forums, I am not really interested in spoiling that kind of stuff on the front page and assuming that I had more information about this, I wouldn't post it. (Except if I have to)

Boub, was this post made just to fuel the flames, aka sarcasm? >_> I'm neutral on what I should believe currently... lol

It's not a troll, everything posted before the announcement of Cataclysm is still true, I'm just saying that people do not really see the big picture yet.

Hehe.... that guy cracks me up
    80 Shaman - 80 Paladin - 80 DK and various alts 60+