Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: How to shorten the LFG queue for DPS

I believe this would sum it up if we would start praising the horribad tanks ;D

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/157.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grguch
    <- Warrior tank since TBC launch
    For me its not the flaming and the flaming and the abuse and the flaming that makes me groan every time I click queue as tank. It's the passive-aggressive douchbaggery of many (read: not all, don't get all butthurt now) DPS classes. I don't care if a rogue is screaming GOGOGO or if a mage is crying MB after every pull. It's the things like typhoon and thunderstorm on well positioned packs nowhere near the caster. It's the hunter screaming HELP TANK TAUNT FFS while a mob is eating their face, instead of oh I don't know, feign death? MD? Even a well aimed disengage in my direction? It's the dps pulling 500 dps on trash and 6k on bosses. Cause trash doesn't matter right? Cause its not going to make our run any faster if you actually help kill the skeletons standing between us and the next big baddy.

Small things that just make the whole seem less enjoyable.

It's the presumption that I as a tank can not make a single mistake and watch the dps /follow their way through the instance instead of doing their best to make it easy on me and the rest of the group.
    it's the ret pali insists on dpsing random mobs on aoe pulls.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    it's the ret pali insists on dpsing random mobs on aoe pulls.
    /taunt

Grats, you're a tank now.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebbah
    I'll stop refusing to join as dps when you will start paying for my account. If i play a class that can tank/dps or heal/dps i play it as I WANT and not as you tell me to. If i play 1 of these classes you tell me that I should tank and only tank? Well then i say that I'll dps and ONLY dps. Deal with it. As long as there are douche-bags like you i prefer the longer queue that to have to deal with all of your bitching. And if you can do a dungeon with 5 dps then what are doing in LFD? Get together your other 4 l33t dps friends and go farm heroics.
    I didn't say you should only tank, learn to read.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluhathol
    Even if your MS is DPS isnt not hard to heal heroics and its even easier to obtain OS gear suitable for such a task. Just make your life and everyone elses life easier by doing so
    This person has the right idea. Hybrids queueing for multiple roles would make queues faster for everyone.

Deleted

I agree with the stated. So true...
    this. and if the group wipes, its tanks foult. its never the dps with the easiest job ever...

i've got the new achi, and NO ONE ever harassed me in an hc. worse can be willing to do optional bosses.
    It helps that i'm a raid hardened tank with 6k GS and 5-8k dps.
    Still, going to downgrade gear to my herald of the titans set to see if this is real.

shiira's point is valid.
    however the only way that most hybrid's are going to start tanking more is if they start seeing more upfront rewards from it. same for healers.

most people just won't WANT to play their healer/tank spec because they get to 'dude blow shit up man' they just like being on top of a meter more than being the person keeping everyone alive.

how this problem would be solved is something to be debated. more tank/healer only legendaries is one method.
    maybe quest chains that are specific to specs at max level.

Daily Warrior quest: Complete x(changes) heroic instance queued as Tank.
    reward with G appropriate to level and a goodie bag.

Daily Priest Quest: Complete x(changes) heroic instance queued as Healer.
    same reward.

you'd see a lot more healers and tanks in 5mans.

or return to making dps fullfill other roles. like CC and OT or OH. it'd make the lfg system more complex but i dont see an issue with signing as Tank-Healer-Crowd Control/DPS-Offtank/DPS-Offhealer/DPS
    you'd be there for dps reasons but you'd have to commit to your role and fulfill it. don't wanna be accountable for offhealing when needed on your shadow priest(omg it takes sooooo much time to drop out of shadowform and toss a heal and my dps goes down!) well you better get a bunch of friends that can work with that or you won't be running heroics.

of course that'd necessitate a revamp of heroics so that CC and OT and OH are required, good thing an xpac is coming out soon.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

The simple fact of the matter is. For myself and many other tanks ive spoken to. The main reason we don't tank more heroics. Is because of DPS making the job more stressful than it needs to be.

Now this is not all the time. Ive had some crazy good groups, where DPS know exactly what needs done and what doesn't but these groups are certainly in the minority.

My biggest pet hate is aggro. As a blood tank, once i have diseases up its a cinch to hold aggro. But in 80%+ of groups, im lucky if they wait for DND to hit the floor, which means I cant plague strike the mob I Icytouched. I pestalence and miss mobs that ran to melt the face of some DPS screaming OMG TANK!!!!!! Ive already Deahtgriped the caster mob, So I retarget to taunt the face melting mob, only to have another peel of due to lack of HS or RS. Its just not worth the headaches to bother tanking.

The once in a while, I get a group with DPS who wait a few seconds to me to gather all mobs and establish aggro. And you know those groups go 2x as fast as i can chain pull packs with ease.

But at the end of the day, Ill run my 1 daily for frosts and then stop. Despite the Cash/Hour being nice for heroics. Its less stressful to do dailys.

We're handling 2 extremes here:
    1. New tank in a group with veteran (if you wanna call them that) DPS.
    The DPS think the tank is a noob because he has crappy gear, and because he has crappy gear he will probably not have that fast of a response time (just dinged, didn't do a lot of heroics yet and probably is kind of slow). This all combined with the threat limitations they have due to their gear the DPS will get pissed off pretty soon.

2. The uber pro tank with any type of DPS.
    The tank thinks he is god and everyone should always listen to him, yet at the same time his typing and arrogant show of display only slow DOWN the group.

I personally have been on the bad end of both sides.
    Being a low geared tank I just show them how it's done... This was however my second tank, my first one I geared in WotLK when it was just released and people tanked nax with 20k hp, so I know my way around.
    Whenever I meet a new tank I try to help them as much as possible, but they have to be open to suggestions... Most however are not. Phrases like "how about I play my class and you play yours?" are common and I cannot back-up my claims on a DPS char as I cannot pull out on of my 2 tanks into a random dungeon like that...

The super pro elite force tanks who act like god are probably worse because other randoms would rather pick his side. Take this t10 geared bear tank for example while I did a random heroic on my t8/t9 geared warlock. I only do it on him for frost emblems for prim saronites so I try to do as much damage as I can to not hold the group back.
    I give the dude a few seconds, life tap and start seeding. When one mob is pulled off him, instead of taunting, he just stands there and does jack all! My and the DPS try to kite and kill the mob wasting precious time.
    After a while the healer links damage received meters and I'm on top. He then STOPS healing me (which means no mana, thus no damage) and the tank bitches about how my damage output sucks and then continues to say "Fail locks always have some sort of excuse" and "I'm not even gonna bother taunting shit off you".
    So he is complaining to me about not doing my job, so he's not gonna do his job... ehm, what?

I have many other examples for both sides, but what I'm trying to get at here is that for every role there is in the game, there's a few jackasses playing that role.
    Crying out on these forums to make them stop isn't going to help in the slightest because these jackasses don't read these forums, or troll them and actually get inspires by some people to be MORE of a jackass. I sympathize with your causes (both the new tanks and the DPS stuck with arrogant ones) and threads like this give a good read, but eventually help only a handful of people who you will likely never see in a random dungeon. It's the people who have no CLUE about other classes or don't want to know that are the problem, and these people will not likely ever read a forum such as this.

Wall of text crits you for a crappy tank and arrogant DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    It's a lot simpler than the op makes it look. Hybrids: stop refusing to do heroics as anything other than dps.
    NO...because when we do tank we have to put up with annoying ASSHOLES who think it is their god given right to pull ANYTHING they like and that I as tank will deal with it "or else". I don't go slow and always as fast as I feel the healer can handle, but no we always have the retard hunter who has to keep pulling even when the healer is totally OOM :P

so FU and your stupid retard DPS friends who have made me now also queue as dps cos i'm sick and tired of douchebags :P

The original poster had it right all the way down the line and people like you are making less tanks queue as a tank:P

I do like helping out new tanks as I know it's rough on them when they're just starting out, so whenever I'm on a healer or dps toon I do my best to keep it from getting depressing for them.

However if you're a decently geared / experienced tank, your only worry should be DPS crying for mana when you chain pull the place. If the DPS has time to pull extra packs due to being asshats then you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Grguch
    <- Warrior tank since TBC launch
    For me its not the flaming and the flaming and the abuse and the flaming that makes me groan every time I click queue as tank. It's the passive-aggressive douchbaggery of many (read: not all, don't get all butthurt now) DPS classes. I don't care if a rogue is screaming GOGOGO or if a mage is crying MB after every pull. It's the things like typhoon and thunderstorm on well positioned packs nowhere near the caster. It's the hunter screaming HELP TANK TAUNT FFS while a mob is eating their face, instead of oh I don't know, feign death? MD? Even a well aimed disengage in my direction? It's the dps pulling 500 dps on trash and 6k on bosses. Cause trash doesn't matter right? Cause its not going to make our run any faster if you actually help kill the skeletons standing between us and the next big baddy.

Small things that just make the whole seem less enjoyable.

It's the presumption that I as a tank can not make a single mistake and watch the dps /follow their way through the instance instead of doing their best to make it easy on me and the rest of the group.
    I agree entirely with what you say It's why I no longer queue as a tank and only queue as dps or healer:P

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    Lots of words.
    See, this is my problem. People have this superior attitude that if someone else doesn't do their job right, that they should let someone die, or that they shouldn't taunt, or they shouldn't have to press iceblock, or any number of other random things that could happen.

If I dps, and I pull aggro, why should I have to soul shatter? That costs a shard and I have to slow my dps time, the tank should just taunt.

If I'm tanking, and a dps pulls aggro, why should I taunt from them? It's their own damn fault, and i have to concentrate on holding the rest of the mobs.

If I'm healing and a dps is standing in fire, why would I heal them? I have to worry about the rest of the party, and they can get a repair bill for being so stupid.

Yeah, sorry, all this means is you're acting like an entitled bag of crap that thinks they don't have to do their job. If someone is being stupid in a raid, sorry folks, you have to heal them. If a boss gets pulled off, sorry guys, you have to taunt the boss back. If you're standing in a fire, sorry, you have to move out of it.

If people actually did their jobs instead of complaining about what other people should be doing, heroics would be a lot better of a place to be.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff
    NO...because when we do tank we have to put up with annoying ASSHOLES who think it is their god given right to pull ANYTHING they like and that I as tank will deal with it "or else". I don't go slow and always as fast as I feel the healer can handle, but no we always have the retard hunter who has to keep pulling even when the healer is totally OOM :P

so FU and your stupid retard DPS friends who have made me now also queue as dps cos i'm sick and tired of douchebags :P

The original poster had it right all the way down the line and people like you are making less tanks queue as a tank:P
    You seem to be under the impression that I am bad and I queue as dps, neither of those things are correct. I raid as dps but I do heroics as a tank for a faster queue. As for idiot dps making your job harder, votekick is there for a reason.

15+ Year Old Account

I stoped tanking my randoms on my tank. I only do 1 a day, but it's not worth hearing "Omg, he only has 32k health?! And wtf is with all the block gear with defence gems? ROFL such a bad tank" for the 10 minutes a run takes. (Btw, the reason for the block gear and defence gems is my unhittable set, for those who are going to try and attack me ;P )

Or the dps who think their god's gift to WoW, and everyone else is a retard. Or the dps who think they can play my class better. "Wtf tank? You should be using COmmanding shout instead of battle! How did you get your warrior to 80 and still be a tard? Ebay?" "More dps is better than 2k health against mobs that can't hit me." "Fucking tard tank"

Is it a big deal? Nope. But I tank in my free time. I play wow to have fun, not to have people complain when they have no idea what their talking about.

The reason there are less tanks than dps is simply because when someone tries to learn to tank they get bashed left and right about how they suck. But when you learn to dps no one really cares that you did 1.5k dps in a heroic. Hell, I was leveling my DK to tank, it had 32k unbuffed and people were bashing me and not letting me in groups (3.2).

As a dps on my priest, I can just hit one button the whole time(Mind sear woo!). And as a healer I hit PW:s every 15 seconds. Man that was hard!

td:dr
    If you see a new tank, constantly telling him he's bad is going to make your queue that much longer.

You seem to be under the impression that I am bad and I queue as dps, neither of those things are correct. I raid as dps but I do heroics as a tank for a faster queue. As for idiot dps making your job harder, votekick is there for a reason.
    You tank and let your heroics take longer than 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    You tank and let your heroics take longer than 15 minutes?
    That isn't always up to me to decide, I can pull as much as I want but if the dps are bad or badly geared then it might end up taking that long.

15+ Year Old Account

You can have 3 dps doing sub-2k and still get done in under 15 mins in all but 3 heroics =\ (Maybe 4, if Occ and the people suck at drakes)

I do what I please!

I'll complain about the bad tank, I'll tell him how bad he is and tell him how he can improve, if he is being a jerk he deserves to be treated like one, I will also MD pull to the tank if I want him to pull more than say a certain mob because I know he and the healer can tank/heal through it (I do this on my shaman as well).

Put simply... I make my runs interesting and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    I do what I please!

I'll complain about the bad tank, I'll tell him how bad he is and tell him how he can improve, if he is being a jerk he deserves to be treated like one, I will also MD pull to the tank if I want him to pull more than say a certain mob because I know he and the healer can tank/heal through it (I do this on my shaman as well).

Put simply... I make my runs interesting and fun.
    The infamous "angel" returns for more trolling I see.

Attitudes like this are the reason tanks like myself are no longer queueing up for more than that one mandatory run. Enjoy your queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    You talk of me as if I am a bad person yet there are rapists, burgers, murderers and various kinds of evil out there, but from the sound of it, I am the worst of the worst because I would take a virtual item in an online Video Game.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    You can have 3 dps doing sub-2k and still get done in under 15 mins in all but 3 heroics =\ (Maybe 4, if Occ and the people suck at drakes)
    You underestimate how bad some players can be, and if random heroics taught me anything it's that that isn't something that you should be underestimating.