Deleted

Do you miss Open Pvp?

Well yes, its dead.
    People fly away so fast that u cant force them to battle.
    Everyone´s 10 miles in the air and doesnt care whats going on on the ground.

I remember Isle of Quel Danas,Tarrens Mill, Blackrock etc.
    It was fun and u could do it for hours,but it seemed to force too many players to QQ.
    "I got ganked, i got no friends, fix it Blizz!11"

Mounts getting 1,5 sec casttime, you spot an enemy he mounts up so fast that u cant manage to attack him.

For me it was always fun to just battle in an open area with no limit of time or ending. Just the bloody Battle and that for hours.

We´ll see how it changes in Cataclysm, but for that expansion i really missed something.
    R.I.P Open Pvp

Re: Do you miss Open Pvp?

ah brings me memories of 1st entering helfire, everyone in the same zone, noone could fly, good times

I <3 being camped by 9001 horde when all I want is to complete my dailies in quel danas with the 1 hour play time I have each day.

Quote Originally Posted by papey
    ah brings me memories of 1st entering helfire, everyone in the same zone, noone could fly, good times
    Remember Borean Tundra 2 weeks after WoTLK got launched. As soon as I left the alliance towns I got corpsecamped by a lvl 80 DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    this isn't a troll. the OP is maybe 9. If we're lucky.
    The following applies to AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    Acid Bath > Win > Loss > 40 minute turtle > Jonas brothers

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    I <3 being camped by 9001 horde when all I want is to complete my dailies in quel danas with the 1 hour play time I have each day.
    That was only the first month, after that on most servers it was balanced A/H so camping was minimum.

Open pvp is gone and won't come back. (doesn't take away that it was fun if not abused by campers)

That was only the first month, after that on most servers it was balanced A/H so camping was minimum.

Open pvp is gone and won't come back. (doesn't take away that it was fun if not abused by campers)
    So there's absolutely no way for open pvp to make a comeback. Faction change sealed the deal, H:A is almost 1.75:1 on every server.

10+ Year Old Account

So there's absolutely no way for open pvp to make a comeback. Faction change sealed the deal, H:A is almost 1.75:1 on every server.
    Where do you get your numbers?

On my server Alliance outnumbers the Horde greatly. Somewhere near 3:1.

No.
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

i love the big battles, but that goes for old AV too. its just chaos everywhere like real battles should be. PvP in WoW is really like the opposite of everything WoW's lore was built upon. its way too artificially led and predictable, like they should've at least written some crap about some colliseum that became the basis of horde vs ally disputes. like the one game you'd think would have the massive battles out of any MMO would've been WoW...Warhammer too, but the way they've built their lore up you'd think it was all about massive battles. who would've thought Arena would end up the basis of their whole PvP system when people first heard the Warcraft world would become an MMO....

WG daily on my server is pretty much like quel'danas (the one where you have to kill elements)

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

From personal experience, the ppl who whine about the lack of wpvp are playing:
    a) rogues
    b) mages
    c) hunters
    Classes known to shine best when getting the jump, which is really what happens in wpvp aka attacking players who aren't looking for a fight/are unprepared for one/are having bad gear/are weakened from fighting mobs
    A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Khano
    a) rogues
    b) mages
    c) hunters
    Classes known to shine best when getting the jump, which is really what happens in wpvp aka attacking players who aren't looking for a fight/are unprepared for one/are having bad gear/are weakened from fighting mobs
    Kinda true...But damn Isle Of Quel'Danas was like ... epic gang zone. Once i called a couple of my friends to handle 2-3 horde fellas, then they called a few, we called a few more, and at some point on general chat everybody was calling for more and more and more. It lasted like 2 hours and it was a thrill. I remember i had like 17 guys in a raid , untill the horde fellas just gave up. Now, i just hate the elfs that shadowmelt in a bg and mount and zaaaaap they`re long gone. That`s not pvp you freaking pussyes.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

I miss Isle of Quel'Danas PVP, batteling for Quest-mobs was alot of fun. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Khano
    a) rogues
    b) mages
    c) hunters

i don't think gank world pvp is fun, and never was. only when it turns into something which happens occasionally, but if we're talking about TM, AV, mass warfare then there are a lot more reasons why people would enjoy that over duels/arena play. for one AOE is/can be a much bigger factor and much more enjoyable to use. for two, its not nearly as personal or epeen as duels/arena, if anything pretty lax style of PvP, altho hectic. for 3 there is a different way you have to adjust playing your class to be effective to stay alive while being offensive against zergs and what you can get away with.

anyways i play a mage and its pretty obvious why i enjoy mass pvp given my abilities, that i would never use in duels/arena play, or rather maybe once in a very blue moon.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

LOL I remember when I was still new to WoW and I was doing qs on my mage at Tarren Mill which was attacked by alliance every fucking day. I even saw dreams about it and I remember when I tried to hide inside inn behind some boxes in my dream.. Scary =D
    But there's still some big fights at STV. Easy to start fights too because ppl get so easy annoyed there and bring their mains.
    Ps. I miss Halaa fights! And I miss Scarlet Monastery fights too. And those fights during prewotlk event. Andadndand!! Fights in front of portal to daily hc!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

R.I.P
    Insert Signiture here.

Vanilla world PvP in Blackrock Mountain is some of the most fun I ever had on the rogue who was my main at the time.