Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How good is bryntroll for tanking/dps?

Are any weapons better. Only including bosses up to 8/12 ICC 10/25. Also since i like to BG and tank is it worth going to runeforge it every time i wanna DPS. What about 1+20 strength for the red socket?

Deleted

Re: How good is bryntroll for tanking/dps?

From a dps point of view, I think Shadow's Edge is on top of this. This is a very nice weapon for pvp however, providing extra burst and healing. It's also a decent tank weapon for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyslim123
    What about 1+20 strength for the red socket?
    This I don't really understand. Ofc you put a +20 str in the socket, thats what red sockets are for. As for the blue socket, put another +20 str gem there too if you already have a nightmare tear covering a blue socket with the same or a better socket bonus. Otherwise nightmare tear in the blue one.

Think he may have meant put a stam gem in the blue (for tanking) and a strength one in the red (for dpsing) to make it a hybrid weapon. If this is the case I advocate not doing it because you effectively make the weapon useless as both specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia
    Think he may have meant put a stam gem in the blue (for tanking) and a strength one in the red (for dpsing) to make it a hybrid weapon. If this is the case I advocate not doing it because you effectively make the weapon useless as both specs.
    I doubt that one gem would make a weapon like that useless :

One gem will make a weapon worthless?

This is what i ment.

This is my "pvp" gear...still in the works..any gems that aren't right that's not in my tank gear?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Skinnyslim

why not just put 1 20 str and 1 10str 15 stam, then you can put the 21Crit meta instead of the 21 agil for your dps set

Yea i only have a tank helm atm.

Deleted

I'd recommend using it for your dps spec, and have another weapon to tank with tho.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

What about Cryptmaker It is the best Fury Warrior off hand is it any use to Death Knights?
    Insert Signiture here.

cryptmaker is an AMAZING tank weapon because of the mass of hit
    but it is very good dps weapon, an upgrade to bryntoll if you can use all of the hit (replace 4set gloves with 4set legs)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Memm

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

none of those threads are asking the about hybrid bryntroll. HERP DERP DAT WAZ HARD.

For some reason lots of ppl gem for socket bonuses now....dont ask why.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

none of those threads are asking the about hybrid bryntroll. HERP DERP DAT WAZ HARD.
    Two pages of threads discussing weapon optimization for tanking/dps for DKs, paladins, and warriors. HERP DERP SO HARD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

The Heroic version is worth taking, especially over shadow's edge. Dps wise it's a good item for DK's just not any form of bis. However it's a weapon that turning down unless you have better/not in a situation to use it would be silly. Same goes for the normal version. Tanking wise i'm not entirely sure, you can fill all those sockets with +20 stam and go tanking, i guess the life steal is always handy when tanking. Overall it's a good weapon for tanking and dps.

Bryntroll is a pvp weapon and is pretty trash for PvE since it got nerfed.
    (trash meaning relative to weapons of same ilvl)

Are any weapons better. Only including bosses up to 8/12 ICC 10/25. Also since i like to BG and tank is it worth going to runeforge it every time i wanna DPS. What about 1+20 strength for the red socket?
    Only better weapon than bryntroll is shadow's edge so unless you personally know a chinese citizen called Ching Chong who is willing to give you 30k gold, then get your guild to down the abominations within 30 min of eachother and also give you the quest items, I strongly sugest you forget about shadow's edge.

Gems. That should be obvious. If you're tanking gem stamina, if you're dps / pvp-ing gem strenght. Yes, you should runeforge it everytime. Besides, the tank enchant Swordshattering is actually better for pvp than Rune of the Fallen Crusader because those pesky rogues won't disarm you so easily.
    A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

I am very biased when it comes to expertise, but I would say that http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=5079...19.40119.40119 are both better choices. The heroic version, esp if you are able to get it. I use the heroic version, stam gemmed for BG PvP. It's always fun for Allies to see a DK running at them with 50k HP turn and run to only be DG and chained.