Question regarding Muradin's spyglass

I was just wondering if people cast Elemental Mastery before they get the 10 stacks or after?

Re: Question regarding Muradin's spyglass

I have both Dragon's Soul (Damn that trinket) and Muradin's Spyglass so I wait for both of those to stack to 10 before procing Elemental Mastery, I would bet it translates into greater dps.

Well, once the next patch hits you probably shouldn't, as you'll want to EM-->Fls to start.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

It only matters if that pause loses you an extra use of the EM CD. But the ramp up time is so short, that's pretty much impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    Well, once the next patch hits you probably shouldn't, as you'll want to EM-->Fls to start.
    I haven't done out any calculations but once the trinket is at 5 procs I think that is when you will want to EM and reapply FS because that would translate to the highest haste and most ticks per second.

Off topic but sulfuron slammers from BRD proc the trinket.

Oo, im a troll shaman and that makes me wonder how FLameshock is going to be with EM, Berserking, AND Bloodlust
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    Oo, im a troll shaman and that makes me wonder how FLameshock is going to be with EM, Berserking, AND Bloodlust
    When you cast it, it ends.

English is not my main language, but I try!

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    EM 15% + BL 30% + Berserking 20% + ~25% haste on gear(Remeber your relic) + 5% from totem + 3% from boomkin aura = Over 90% haste, which of an 18 second duration, is about a 1.8 second full flame shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    EM 15% + BL 30% + Berserking 20% + ~25% haste on gear(Remeber your relic) + 5% from totem + 3% from boomkin aura = Over 90% haste, which of an 18 second duration, is about a 1.8 second full flame shock.
    Thats not how haste works.
    Assuming 90% haste it would actually be a 9.47 sec Flameshock duration.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    HOWEVER, with the new change to the four piece you'll be having a flame shock lasting ~ 6 seconds extra with each lava burst cast but ticking 90% for its whole duration, crazy crazy

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat?
    HOWEVER, with the new change to the four piece you'll be having a flame shock lasting ~ 6 seconds extra with each lava burst cast but ticking 90% for its whole duration, crazy crazy
    Isn't the new 4pc change it makes it tick 2 more times?

10+ Year Old Account

at least 2 times, meaning (and this was tested by DaDimi if i'm not mistaken) they'll give you enough ticks >2 based on your haste to give you at least 6 seconds of extra FS duration per lava burst. so basically its the same 4pc, just adjusted to work with haste

at least 2 times, meaning (and this was tested by DaDimi if i'm not mistaken) they'll give you enough ticks >2 based on your haste to give you at least 6 seconds of extra FS duration per lava burst. so basically its the same 4pc, just adjusted to work with haste
    I apologize if I diddn't get this right, but what you are saying is it's going to add more ticks depending on your haste which for the average person is about 6 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account

not necessarily "for the average person" but the amount of extra duration on flame shock due to extra ticks will always be > 6 seconds.

On topic of Muradin's however, I usually pop my glove enchant and EM as soon as the fight starts in order to get those two on cooldown faster w/o waiting for muradin's to reach its maximum stack. I usually hit max stack by my second lava burst and my other trinket's proc is usually active at that time so i get a good benefit...but I'm also not sure if i should consider recasting flame shock at maximum stack either, any thoughts to that or my playstyle?

On topic of Muradin's however, I usually pop my glove enchant and EM as soon as the fight starts in order to get those two on cooldown faster w/o waiting for muradin's to reach its maximum stack. I usually hit max stack by my second lava burst and my other trinket's proc is usually active at that time so i get a good benefit...but I'm also not sure if i should consider recasting flame shock at maximum stack either, any thoughts to that or my playstyle?
    Like I said earlier, unless the pause for ramp up time causes you to use the CD one time less during the encounter, it's better to wait.