Poll: Would you like it, if such a thing went live (read below)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Bind to Account "Marks of honor"

I was grinding honor on my alt today, trying to get him some gear to PvP with, doing pathetic damage, getting killed all the time, that's normal seeing my gear is not good enough. Then I get yelled at, because of my performance and my gear. My answer was "how am I supposed to get gear for PvP if I don't grind honor" (now don't tell me that go grind badges to get furious, that's PvE and I want to PvP, plus it's only the furious set and that's it).

So my idea is : create an item which is a Bind to Account one, awards you 5k honor, usable by 80 level characters only costing you 5k honor to purchase. The point is people to be able to play on their mains to gear up their alts, since grinding honor with crappy gear is no fun at all, nor you're helping your team in any way usually if you have terrible gear. Maybe have some sort of a limitation of how many you can get per day aswell, like 1-2 maximum so you'd still like you play your under geared alt.

Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Re: Bind to Account "Marks of honor"

If you actually have a well geared main it seems to me you should have plenty of "money" for http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=44115

Unless you've already used all your stone keeper shards for it ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Kirri
    If you actually have a well geared main it seems to me you should have plenty of "money" for http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=44115

Unless you've already used all your stone keeper shards for it ofc
    Used them all :P and still using them once I get the WG quests done, but aye, it's quite a nice thing to do

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly, i don't like the idea to trade honor 1:1 among you toons.
    I know there are many altoholics out there, but owning several characters does not mean they all share the same stuff. Every one gains his own exp, achievements and honor kills.
    Grinding honor with notsogoodish gear is like leveling that char pvpwise: Each point you gain brings you closer to better performance. And you don't farm exp with your main and send them to a new alt for insta-dinging.

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf
    Honestly, i don't like the idea to trade honor 1:1 among you toons.
    I know there are many altoholics out there, but owning several characters does not mean they all share the same stuff. Every one gains his own exp, achievements and honor kills.
    Grinding honor with notsogoodish gear is like leveling that char pvpwise: Each point you gain brings you closer to better performance. And you don't farm exp with your main and send them to a new alt for insta-dinging.
    agreed.

Because getting to know your character in a PVP setting is a taxing and awful endeavor.

Go to a private realm if you want premade characters to jerk off with in BG's.

You all don't seem to be reading my post completely, I've mentioned a LIMITATION, which will make it ok, not insane. And well being two-shotted doesn't really get you to know your class or abilities. I just suggest getting a bit of honor until you get some OK gear so you can compete. Please make sure to read everything instead of blindly posting stuff.

The 3.3.3 increases to honor gains should make this a much less taxing process.
    I agree that each character needs its own experience in battlegrounds to see the benefit, which is the likely reason why it would get tedious to do it through the commendations.
    Personally I am using those as an honor stockpile, if they don't come to be nerfed come cataclysm ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yep 14 (50%)
    Nope 14 (50%)

Total Voters: 28

lol...
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.