A potentially awesome (yet ridiculous) idea..

Hey folks,
    So the other night, while trying our best not to faceplant on the keyboard in the sheer boredom that is Sindragosa 10N, my guild and I were discussing CnC4, and by discussing, I mean ranting. And then the idea hit me.

I know it's possible to tell WoW to visually swap items in game (I have a friend who loves to tank using a model mask to turn his weapon into Thunderfury, just for the shiny goodness), but is it possible (and permissible in the EULA) to use an outside model? I ask this for one simple reason...

Re-skinning your elemental shaman, to look like a Tesla trooper from RA2. It's geeky and bizarre in the extreme, but potentially incredibly cool.

Thoughts people?

(Note - I'm not actually expecting anyone to attempt this, just wanting to know if you like the concept, or whether or not I'm actually mental for even thinking of it)

Re: A potentially awesome (yet ridiculous) idea..

without knowing the EULA word by word, i give a definite NO!

changing the appearance of something can be massively exploited.

so your friend should watch out. Warden (blizz equivalent of punkbuster) is quite effective. if it catches him, he's ****ed for real.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

While it is against the EULA, they don't really enforce it. I've been swaping my weapon skins with Thunderfury and Warglaives since they were available.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way... You cannot use a model outside the WoW files.

Deleted

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how exactly would you go about swapping weapon skins? And does it show up only on your screen, or to everyone else too?

Damn, there goes that idea, would have kept me occupied over my uni holidays this summer. Cheers for the answers though guys.

I don't know how he does it, I think he has an addon that does it, but I'm not sure, and it only shows up for you.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but how exactly would you go about swapping weapon skins? And does it show up only on your screen, or to everyone else too?
    It involves editing the MPQ files directly, not an addon. You are the only one who sees the changed models. If you want to know more, google it, because I'm pretty sure it's against MMO-Champion's rules to discuss such things. Cheers.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Amenthes
    It involves editing the MPQ files directly, not an addon. You are the only one who sees the changed models. If you want to know more, google it, because I'm pretty sure it's against MMO-Champion's rules to discuss such things. Cheers.
    Which is why this is getting locked

It is agianst the EULA rules and they have enforced this in the past many times. I personally know a few that have been perma-banned because of this.