Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Worth speccing Disc for LK? 10man

our healers at current - Paldin / Druid / Holyp

Only managed to reach p2 at moment, not really a healer issue ( just understanding the fight ) from all perspectives, holy seems to be strong on this fight in terms of numbers for me.

Is it worth speccing Disc, or just change my holy build to be more 10man orientated.

Thanks any advice welcome !

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Worth speccing Disc for LK? 10man

Go Disc, you completely negate Infests, help prevent Defiles spreading, and can better support Tank healing.

10man normal sucked mana wise though. Infest was doing just not enough damage to break the whole raids shields, bringing Rapture mana return very low :-(
    We ended up with me going back to shadow (my mainspec) and bringing in a resto druid. Holy pally, resto druid, resto shammy, was our winning combo.

10+ Year Old Account

Crpzz I'm going to give out the same advice on that issue as I did in a thread below this one:

BRIDGE YOUR SHIELDS!

What is Bridging a shield? Start Shielding ~8 seconds before the Infest cooldown timer is up. Shield everyone but the two tanks. Do not overwrite your shields after Weakened Soul falls off, but let your shields carry over to the next Infest. There will be a couple that get through, but the raid healers were falling asleep anyways.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

With regards to trinkets/gearing, I have the silver one in my bag with the 245 badge 128, would you replace any of the trinkets i have with 1 of those?

abacuss and purified lunar dust atm

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaki
    With regards to trinkets/gearing, I have the silver one in my bag with the 245 badge 128, would you replace any of the trinkets i have with 1 of those?

abacuss and purified lunar dust atm
    Abacus and PLD are commonly accepted as a great combo. Abacus + (H) Solace or PLD + (H) Solace are other great combos.

Thanks for the Pro-Tip Frmercury! I'll try to do that should I ever have to heal the fight again. Turns out I'm much more effective there as shadow though.

Uhhhhhh, YES.

No fight in the game will force you to spec Discipline. With a Paladin, a Druid, and yourself healing, Holy complements just as nicely as Discipline does (But in different places).

If you like Holy, there's no reason to hop over. Yes, Infest can be negated, but it can also be managed. A better way to handle Defile explosions is to Body & Soul someone just at the last second, so they have three seconds of full speed to get the frak out.

(Again, a 5.8k shield with a 60% run speed bonus finds a place that's better than the 9k Discipline shield).

Long story short: Do you like Holy? If yes, stick with it should you have to go healing. If you don't, then do whatever you want.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    No fight in the game will force you to spec Discipline.
    H LK I believe will be one exception

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I love all the specs for priest

but I would say my level of skill in holy compared to Disc is vastly superior

I only re rolled priest back in december so

I will get os disc and test on the numerous whipes we'll encounter

COH ftw on infests !

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaki
    COH ftw on infests !
    Have fun on LK heroic :P Infest is an entirely different beast.

@OP: No, it's most likely not worth it if your Druid is any good. Body and Soul is amazing in phase 2 and Infest should be the smallest concern. The healing on LK isn't even as intense as Festergut/Putricide/BQ/Sindragosa to be honest. It's a coordination fight. Watch your timer and pre-cast PoH to hit after Infest and voila, it's gone. When you start doing the hardmode you might consider it, but for normal the healer combination doesn't really matter. Disc is stronger in P3 than Holy, but Holy is stronger in P2 and transition phases. Transitions and P2 are much harder than P3, so Holy actually comes out on top for 10N. Honestly if you make phase 3 with 10 alive, you'll kill him within a few attempts. P3 only takes a little bit longer than P1 because you have to move him around for defile/spirits.

I know I might be hijacking this post slightly, but it might play into this whole healer combo thing...

With our group we currently have the following heals available: Disc,Holy Priest, Shaman and pally. For now, we have tried disc/holy/shaman and disc/holy/pally and we are wiping mostly due to learning the mechanics of the fight. Now, my mainspec is shadow and i went disc mainly to help negate infest on this fight. Would holy priest/shaman/pally be a comp that would work well together and I could go back to shadow?
    [flash=450,80]http://wow.ukgl.co.uk/wow.swf?s=US&r=Mug'thol&n=Banibaq&h?=.swf[/flash]

Yep. My Priest's 10 man we did 10N as Holy/Pally/Shaman. Time PoH for the ranged group, then CoH the melee group. Chain Heal will take care of the rest. Infest is really a very small concern in 10N. It isn't worth going Disc in 10N unless you're trying to 2 heal it, which I wouldn't recommend without a Shadow Priest and 2 Paladins so you'll have JoL and JoW.

For you first time, Disc is always going to be better.
    Why?
    The Vile Spirit Phase Shielding the entire raid is very very helpful and beneficial because youre most likely going to experience some explosions on people.
    It's better in this fight to prepare to prevent damage not get ready to wait for people to take damage.
    There's just not enough reaction time for that.

Im not saying holy is terrible for this fight, but youre way better off first doing this fight as disc.
    Shielding Infest and The raid during Defile can really prove beneficial to the entire raid and help the other healers.
    Not to mention the tank damage can be semi large.

Heres how I would break down the phases in what you should be doing:

Phase 1:
    In this phase your primary job will be tank healing along with shielding for infest.
    To properly shield for infest, wait about 8s till the next infest and begin shielding the raid minus the tanks.
    This will help the other healers out tons.

First Transition Phase:
    Similar to phase one, except there's no infest, more of it is raid shielding for pain and suffering while saving penance and filler flash heals for the tanks.

Phase 2:
    This time youll be more concerned about tank healing than infest, but be sure to get shields off before defile and infest.
    If you shield the defile you can alleviate the cause of the defile getting bigger for those first learners.
    If a tank needs a cooldown for soul reaper, use Pain Suppression accordingly.
    And of course, make sure everyones is stacked behind the boss for the efficient valkyr placement.

Second Transition Phase:
    Same thing as the first one, helps if you shield before the transition to alleviate Remorseless Winter Damage.

Phase 3:
    No infest anymore, but this time....
    Vile Spirits!
    Yes, when they hit someone, they take large chunks of damage!
    Always make sure to shield the raid as the vile spirits start spawning.
    The tank healing is similar to what it is in phase 2.
    Remember to save penance to whoever gets harvest soul.

10+ Year Old Account

@ Rev - Win

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Phase 3:
    No infest anymore, but this time....
    Vile Spirits!
    Yes, when they hit someone, they take large chunks of damage!
    Always make sure to shield the raid as the vile spirits start spawning.
    The tank healing is similar to what it is in phase 2.
    Remember to save penance to whoever gets harvest soul.
    Only thing I really disagree with is this. Most are just going the ez-mode route with P3 now and Disc has an advantage just because they can save shields/Penance for Harvest Soul targets and the spirit soaker. If you're not using a soaker then the phase becomes much, much, much harder and raid shielding works pretty well. If you are then you're back to tank healing.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Only thing I really disagree with is this. Most are just going the ez-mode route with P3 now and Disc has an advantage just because they can save shields/Penance for Harvest Soul targets and the spirit soaker. If you're not using a soaker then the phase becomes much, much, much harder and raid shielding works pretty well. If you are then you're back to tank healing.
    Well soakers can miss. I try and keep up as much pre-shielding as possible, it just makes things run much smoother. It's also something Holy can't do as effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Because on your first lich king kill you're really going to rely 100% that soakers get all of them.
    Or tanks effectively taunt the vile spirits.
    No, you can't.
    Think in a realistic sense, not in a perfect kill sense.

It's called being safer than sorry, rather than having those few vile spirits left up wipe the melee or ranged dps.