Thread: RIP BGs.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

RIP BGs.

Thats it, BGs are dead for me, at least until Cataclysm. Random BG queues screwed everything. For 2 reasons.

First, i farmed every single BG extensively, i have every single achievement of every BGs (even WG and IoC), except reputation, since i didn't play this toon in Classic. I totally hate, Strand of the Ancients and Isle of Conquest, i don't want to set a foot there ever again. Vehicles were a terrible idea really poorly implemented. Anyway, i want to play BGs i want wich is WSG and AB. Currently single BG queues are insane, in fact you can't really join any BG if you don't use the random BG system, so either, you afk BGs you hate, or you don't queue at all. I don't really like first option.

Secondly, i'm an achiever, like i said before, i'm missing only Reputations from WSG and AB, i wanted to get the Conqeueror title. Now its impossible, it was an already insanely long grind, if i can't queue for BGs i want. Its nearly impossible.

You can't queue for a specific BG AND for the random BG tool, at the same time ( Makes sense LOL)
    Random BG queue doesn't choose from people in queues for specific dungeons to form group, like it does for heroics.

It didn't fix the queue time, at all. even in the random BG queue, on Bloodlust-US you still have a 10-15 mins queue horde side.

Definitively the biggest trash of a patch Blizzard made in a long time.

Re: RIP BGs.

I haven't had a chance to check out the BG finder yet but I thought I'd post this anyways.

With the LFG finder you can specify instances rather than random, but you don't have to specify just one..you can click all the ones you would like to do and it will look for the first group from any of them.

Is there a similar function with the BG finder where you can click on the 3-4 BG's you want so you only get one of them?

10+ Year Old Account

I like random dungeons for shorter ques, but I hate them for the same reasons as you do. Vehicles overall is a TERRIBLE idea. Just look at Flame Lootathan and Lootship Battle as well.
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account

Well I get your point in a way, Even to I like the new system, but well.. That's just me, AB and WSG is the top BGs for me to, hate IoC. Just AFK it out, till you get your top BG, worked for me so far Kinda enjoy it to.
    And it does go faster <3
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I think you are completely over reacting. In the worse case scenario you get a BG you don't like and go afk for 30 minutes (after leaving the BG). Its not the end of the world.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Random BG queue doesn't choose from people in queues for specific dungeons to form group, like it does for heroics.
    it does, how else do you explain the people getting 1.5k honor when i, and everyone else get almost 5k from a AV zerg?

It didn't fix the queue time, at all. even in the random BG queue, on Bloodlust-US you still have a 10-15 mins queue horde side
    fixed it on whirlwind. used to be 10-20 min queue's across the board, cause only horde would queue up for IoC, AB, WSG, and SotA, while only alliance queued up for AV and EotS. Now its 5 mins on off hours, seems fixed to me.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    Just look at Flame Lootathan and Lootship Battle as well.
    They were made for fun.

Yes, their easy. They were ment to be. It's for fun.

And their imo 2 of the funnest fights in the game atm (I'd say 9 and 10 on my top 10)

Haven't tried BG's yet but I find the long queue's you're talking about very strange.
    I always thought people who flagged themselves for a random got put in a queue for all BG's and enter whichever comes up first.
    and people who join certain BG's just get to go there along with people who joined for a random.

doesn't make much sense to have two seperate pools of people who want to join a BG.
    People who want a specific BG and Randoms...

So I think either the queue has got shorter or stayed about the same

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I think you are completely over reacting. In the worse case scenario you get a BG you don't like and go afk for 30 minutes (after leaving the BG). Its not the end of the world.
    Or maybe -gasp- do BGs you don't like. PVErs have to do heroics they don't like all the time.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

10+ Year Old Account

Waah waaaaaaah. :'(
    SotA is quite fun actually. Vehicles aren't that poorly implemented.

Have a nice wait time untill Cataclysm.
    What is worth fighting for?

This destroyed the fun out of BG's indeed.

Dont understand why the Win bonus is only if you use the random BG, isnt it just as hard to win if you Que for a specifec?

Dumb mechanics are dumb.

Gj blizz, you took the fun out of BGs.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    you dont have the vials quest done yet, so no sympathy for you.

inb4 shopped
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Yep PVP shoulda been banned years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    They were made for fun.

Yes, their easy. They were ment to be. It's for fun.

And their imo 2 of the funnest fights in the game atm (I'd say 9 and 10 on my top 10)
    Dont even try to think you know Blizzards intentions about anything

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Or maybe -gasp- do BGs you don't like. PVErs have to do heroics they don't like all the time.
    No, they normally just afk for 30 minutes. Although, there aren't really any Heroics (or BGs for that matter) that I don't like.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted

the only thing good on this patch i was expecting to be random bg, but it faild, still 8-10 min queue as before pach so blizz fails again :|

I get to do less Sota so i honestly dont give a fuck.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Bgs never died.
    Think about it:
    Marks have been a bother for so long and not as rewarding in honor as doing some instances and getting marks to turn in WG.
    Now that we no longer need marks there's no reason to queue in long dungeons or dungeons that dont include a slaughterfest in the middle.
    If it wasnt for the random system, everyone would ignore the objectives and farm hks since they actually matter a little more now.

What blizzard did here is fix the marks problem, give dungeons reason to extend in duration (actually pvping against players instead of racing to the goal)
    and helped it so that people wouldnt ignore the objectives and farm hks in middles.

If you dont like bgs, too bad. Either dont do them or get the penalty for leaving. No one will care since it's not an isntance where leaving in the middle can actually be a problem.
    I hate instances such as AN and HoS that either take too long to complete or are too damn boring even if short. Do i leave them? No. I stick around and carry through because the penalty just isnt worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Oh, cry more!

On Blackout EU battlegroup we've had to wait for upto one hour since.. I can't even remember for how long.
    Stop the divaing or atleast keep it to urself.
    - Trim