Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: best class for killing a healer

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjniir
    just about any skilled and adequately geared class can kill a healer except a ret paladin imo (i know its a general statement and not what you wanted to hear, but what you're essentially asking is 'what class can i faceroll healers with)

as for rets... unless you get a lucky strain of crits, happen to be a blood elf, or simply out gear your opponent, healers are a pure nightmare... and geared druids who don't suck total ass? forget it, turn around and go do find something else to attack if you're alone.

otherwise in arena and bg situations depending on the support you have it's hard to say. Mages can spellsteal those druids to death that are running in circles with 5 guys beating on them doing nothing but putting hots up, arms wars can negate most of the armor holly pallies bring to the table, locks can manadrainfeardotkitemurder everything... /end
    only chance ret paladin has is 5 stacking corruption and well timed wings + stun + interrupt.

and F mages and spellsteal. cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by bonovoxpsu
    only chance ret paladin has is 5 stacking corruption and well timed wings + stun + interrupt.

and F mages and spellsteal. cheesy.
    I do exactly that 1v1 a healer. It just takes awhile, but I've almost always killed a healer with this method. It's not very hard tbh.

And as far as mages go, spellsteal is a great way to go oom. I still win quite often, but it's a pain to do. I once had a 30 min fight v.s. a prot/ret pally because the dude just had the going power. And spellstealing a Disc priest can be a nightmare.

Shaman/Priest : Arms Warrior
    Druid/Pally : Affliction lock.

Deleted

Disc priest is the be all end all of 1v1. Doesnt matter if its healers, tanks, dps, or hybrid the disc priest will win.
    Protret is quite good for soloing Disc priest both equally geared ... It just may take some time :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/arena-game.x...52444&b=Misery

Deleted

Arms warrior.

Seriously, 75% healing nerf against a healer?
    Plus, the healing class which relies least on actual healing (Disc Priest) is a clothy, which physical damage rapes through anyway.
    Your only possible problem would be rage reneration.

Next, would have to be a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeetPawner
    Warlocks, mages, DKs and possibly warriors

Worst class for killin a healer? Ret paladin
    He speaks the truth. Although I would argue eleshams also suck at killing healers (apart from holydins :>).
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

As a rogue I mostly lose to disc priests unless their 2nd fear misses, and resto druids seem impossible. My 1week old priest 2v2 partner can handle pvp geared rogues 1v1 without too many problems, but goes splat if he's getting purged/dispelled at the same time (is this why there's so much rogue hate perhaps?).

On my priest I had most trouble vs arms warriors, which rape resto shamans as well, so they'd get my vote.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

i feel bad being a rsham ;/ you can outheal pretty much every class without going oom (wrathfull gear obviously), but you will fall behind if you use anything other than flameshock/searing totem (not enough to kill smth).
    my rdruid is in hateful set/wrath offpieces and with insectswarm + barkskin glyph hes killing decent dds (except good locks/spriests). ms warriors and rogues are pretty free kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tansit
    No. Hitting a bubble = rage starvation. Warriors could go forever if MS had a 5 rage cost instead of 1/4 of the rage bar. If you don't believe me, try to go kill a Discipline Priest or Holy Paladin as MS spec in 1v1.
    I tried. And it worked.

See, warriors still get some rage out of bubble hits, its not like Im bashing my head against a wall. Although I would have to admit, warrior can have a hard time with priest and resto drood if they are decently geared and skilled. Resto shamans and pallys are faceroll much.

Also, its hard to say who can kill healers in general the most, as for example retri paladin or rogue will get smeared over the floor by a resto druid, while an enha shaman should have very easy time killing that resto druid due to massive dispels and frequent interrupts on cyclones + grounding totems and being unrootable. This game is still so unbalanced : /
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.