Standard GS for ICC raiding

i would like to start pugging icc and i want to know what is the more or less desirable GS to do so when asking on the trade...

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Standard GS for ICC raiding

Not another gs thread.... can a mod lock / delete this?

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Deleted

You need an Epeen of over 9000; or so I heard.

can you link the thread ?

15+ Year Old Account

4800 gs for 10 ICC
    5100 gs for 25 ICC

5600 gs for 10 ICC hc
    5800 gs for 25 ICC hc

0 gs for leveling a char in Cata expansion.

Besides these posts not answering your questions:

ICC10 PUG 4 bosses only: 5000 to 5200 when you have 2-3 friends with you who know what they do, get a better geared tank (5300+)
    ICC10 PUG 6+ bosses: start at 5500 (never ever watch GS only, also check the ppl before inviting for skilltrees & sockets)

ICC25 PUG 4 bosses only: same as above
    ICC25 PUG 6+ bosses: start at GS 5600, no invite without checking the ppl first together with someone who also has some class knowledge).

Also one thing to consider is also the guild the guy is in and his guildrank (get yourself an tooltip addon like TipTac or similar which shows also the guildrank of the target).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

First of all, ignore gs please. Its not nearly as important as the community makes it out to be. For example, I still outheal most healers, I have approximately 5200gs, other healers I raid with are between 5500-5800. If gs mattered more than skill, I shouldn't outheal them ever.

Now, to do ICC, if ur good u have some wiggle room with this, but I recommend around 5kgs to start ICC. Not to hard, just get full t9, maybe a trophy or two from ToC to upgrade to 245, do the new heroics and get 232 from there. Fill in the rest with triumph/toc10/25 gear while ur working on frost gear. If you have to, don't be afraid to grab some 226 conquest gear to temporarily fill some slots, but replace it ASAP.

You'll get sick of farming heroics for emblems, but try and bring a tank friend for instant que times, and this way you can have 5/5 t9 in a day, the rest of the emblem gear u need after another day.

Goldsmack please post me your Equipement Potency EquivalencE Number (E.P.E.E.N) - Number or a system how i can / ever could measure your "skill" (whatever that may be).

Since he talks about "PUGs", mostly with alts or people he doesn't know, there is NO WAY EVER to measure skill BEFORE the raid.

GS is a valid tool IF used properly. It doesn't replace a character check or check of the guys skill tree who wants an invite, but it tells you some really basic things:

GS > 5500 => has been in ICC already. You can't have a GS 5500+ without some things from ICC besides the things you can buy from ne badge vendor.

Someone with a GS of 5800+ mostly has been often in ICC, so you'd rather pick him before someone with GS5200 who claims by himself he'd outwhatever the guy with way better gear.

The dmg/heal jump from 245iLevel gear to 251 and 264 is really large, so you mostly better take someone with gear from the actual raiding content than someone with outdated on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)
    Yes, they mean it! Got a broken leg, a female Dwarf and an infraction. Don't mess with humor folks !

10+ Year Old Account

Between 245 and 251 is large....?

15+ Year Old Account

We do have an existing thread on ICC10:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...sus-for-icc-10

...but it's a touchy subject in general; please be nice.