Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deathbringer's Will for Retri pally over Dk.

If you can't kill Putricide, TAJ being much better for the ret is basically immaterial.

As was alluded to in prior posts, I think there is a lot more going on here than just which class can make the most use of the trinket.

Things like who got upgrades when, how long someone has been raiding, the fact that the paladin passed on it already, etc etc

Your loot council are retards basically...DW is really rather poor for rets. Our BiS trinkets are Tiny Abom in a jar (277) and DV (258), but i would also take Whispering Fanged Skull (264) to balance around hit dependant on how much i had.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin
    I'm not going to lie, I am a Ret Pally and I have it. I WILL get flamed for it but its NOT a terrible trinket. Of course it is NOT good either. It is just barely a dps increase over greatness. The only reason I took it was becasue I was in a pug and the other people who needed it were only pulling 4k - 5k dps. I'm sorry if I seem like an asshole for taking the trinket over them who could have needed it more but, tough. Its a pug so go QQ more. Back on topic, you have every right to be angry if you, a DK, lost it over a Paladin wanting to replace Greatness with it. Its only, last time I checked, a 12 dps increase from Greatness. I would talk it over with your officers because its one thing for a Ret to take it in a pug, its another thing for a loot council to give it over to a Ret when DK benefit ALOT more from it.
    That's the same reason I got given out to for needing and winning Amulet of the Silent Eulogy on my Shadowpriest. I had Bone Sentinel's Amulet, but the hit allowed me to equip a better item in another slot, and it was a random pug. I got whined at by a Paladin for needing on it, saying that it was a bigger DPS increase for other people. He was probably right. Of course, they joined the ICC raid wearing almost full PVP gear and rolling need on MP5 rings on their Warlock, and I don't join pugs to gear up other peoples characters.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

People are uninformed... that's basically it.

I remember many back in Vanilla where the Eye of Sulfuras was given to a tank because our loot council simply didn't know it was a DPS legendary. Granted back then there wasn't a billion websites telling you exactly what everything was, but the fact they were uninformed stays the same.

10+ Year Old Account

well, DBW goes for roughly 800-900 dkp in our midst, and this is quite alot considering we only get 20-50 dkp depending on how we perform.

atleast theres next week? :|

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcrab
    Thats pretty much for infos there is needed. Main answer what i would like to get from dear fellas who bother to read this QQ post, is it wrong from me to be a emo about this?
    It's wrong to emo, period.

Really, you have two options....

1. Suck it up.
    2. Leave the guild.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted

Im ret myself and i need to say that priority on this trinket is how much phisical dmg DPS is putting.

It like (about):
    - Feral,warrior - 100%
    - Combat rogue, MM Hunter, Blood DK - 75%
    - Frost,Unholy DK, Ass rogue- 50%
    - Rets, Ench shamans - 40%

Proc is really strong, but with DV, TaiJ from Putricide, WFskull there are many better choices for ret. Even badge haste trinket is about to equal to DBW for rets.

One of examples why Loot council works mainly in hardcore guilds with perfect knowedgle of class mechanics coming from council members.

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    If your loot council decided to give it to the paladin then you have no right to complain. You were the one who joined that guild and by becoming a raider for that guild you pretty much signed an agreement that says you agree to whatever choices the loot council makes. Perhaps they thought that you had gotten enough loot recently and decided to be fair to the paladin by giving it to him or that you have made a few more mistakes than he did recently. All in all weather they made a good decision or bad one you have to live by their decision unless you gquit or get them to appeal it(i give that about a .1% chance). So its no use complaining to a bunch of wierdos on a wow forum this early in the morning.
    I would say the opposite. If you join a guild that uses a loot council the least you should expect is that the people on the loot council actually know which items are good for each class. The whole idea of a loot council is to make sure that this kind of thing doesn't happen and that items go to the people who will benefit most from them. So there are several failings here.

First, the Ret paladin shouldn't have rolled on a trinket that is pretty pants for him.
    Second, the people on the loot council should know enough about the game to have spotted that.
    Third, the OP should be complaining to his class leader / guild master instead of ranting on an internet forum.

If you join a guild with a loot council it is reasonable to expect that the loot council actually know of which items are good for each class. This is an obvious case of the loot council failing to stay up to date with the game itemisation and class stat priorities and that needs to be pointed out to them. So you need to bring this up in guild, but do it in an intelligent manner, link them best in slot lists for both classes etc etc or ideally have your DK class leader bring it up (he should have anyway if he was any good).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttt
    Since when was Armor Penetration a stellar stat for Rets anyway?

Just as the poster above me says, if it was a PUG qq more, but then I think you have more ....issues with retarded guildies or Loot Council favoritism. Or does this pally have the gearscore totempole shoved up his arse 100ft deep?

As far as I know DBW is extremely good for Warriors, DKs, Rogues, Hunters (and possibly Feral druids).

leave out the possible , it is awesome for ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR
    Its not a pally trinket, but its not an UH Dk trinket either. I won it on my pally a while ago on a pug, allowed me to experience Tauren and Dwarf pally ( beside the fun, i decided not to race change it to Tauren)
    Do not come posting when you have no idea what you are on about. db will is bis for an uh dk, hc db will and hc death's choice.

The problem is wow is full of the misinformed. Your in a guild that clearly has no idea what they are doing if they are giving db will to a paladin over a dk. It's not a good trinket for a pala, theres plenty above it just as easy to get, your paladin should get a slap as if he does raid regularly he will no doubt be replacing it very soon after being awarded it.

It's unfortunate to you, but in all honesty if you wish to raid i would suggest a change of guild, arp trinket to pala says it all about where the guild is at.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR
    Its not a pally trinket, but its not an UH Dk trinket either. I won it on my pally a while ago on a pug, allowed me to experience Tauren and Dwarf pally ( beside the fun, i decided not to race change it to Tauren)
    Lol'd

10+ Year Old Account

as a Guild Master and head of a loot council, let me offer you this:
    1.) your guild needs to read more, DBW is BIS in higher gear tiers for Melee classes (DKs, Warrs, etc)
    2.) you should be a little mad, but not enough to quit your guild, or maybe DO quit, its really about how well you like the guildmates you have
    3.) tell your GM/LC/RL to get RAWR (or theorycrafting, or any other similar method) and start using it to look up items for EACH CLASS. i have spent countless hours creating/loading classes and specs for my guildies to help myself understand the game and each class better, and then relaying info to them about what i discover.

after saying all of the above, i recommend that your entire guild make a wishlist and post it or make it clear over voice chat your intention s for each boss, if my guild doesnt know what they want, they dont get it, and oh, btw, each wishlist is scrutinized by our officers and we make changes to thier wishlist, and return it to them with reasons why an item or items was removed.

All in all it sounds like lack of Knowledge/Information is what is really hurting your guild and that is easily solved by finding others who are willing to read more, research more and have a better understanding of the game and its mechanics than the guild/players you surround yourself with right now.

I appreciate all the replys so far. Not like i will listen what every1 says on the internet and do what im told to do but gives me more overall view what ppls experiences are in such matters and more importantly, what they would do in similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek
    Im ret myself and i need to say that priority on this trinket is how much phisical dmg DPS is putting.

It like (about):
    - Feral,warrior - 100%
    - Combat rogue, MM Hunter, Blood DK - 75%
    - Frost,Unholy DK, Ass rogue- 50%
    - Rets, Ench shamans - 40%

Proc is really strong, but with DV, TaiJ from Putricide, WFskull there are many better choices for ret. Even badge haste trinket is about to equal to DBW for rets.

One of examples why Loot council works mainly in hardcore guilds with perfect knowedgle of class mechanics coming from council members.
    actually, the only one whos damage is 100% affected by arpen is a fury warrior (and im not even sure about that, i just guess deep wounds works like DK's necrosis/BCB but as a dot), 30% of a feral druid damage isnt afected by arpen

rend and deep wounds are the only two things for a warrior that aren't affected by armor penetration, it is so uber for warriors I believe that it affects executes (arms staple and sub20% boss dps) and rage generation, everything else a warrior has is affected by arp.

for rets isnt even the 245 DV better than DBW? feel free to correct if i'm wrong. The 251 WFS should not be too difficult for you to get.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttt
    rend and deep wounds are the only two things for a warrior that aren't affected by armor penetration, it is so uber for warriors I believe that it affects executes (arms staple and sub20% boss dps) and rage generation, everything else a warrior has is affected by arp.

for rets isnt even the 245 DV better than DBW? feel free to correct if i'm wrong. The 251 WFS should not be too difficult for you to get.

thats why i said fury :P i know rend isnt affected by arpen, but deep wounds is based on your white hits, so if it works like DK's necrosis and BCB it is afected by your arpen, because arpen affects your white hits

according to elitist jerks:
    Tiny Abomination in a Jar(Heroic)>Tiny Abomination in a Jar>Death's Choice (heroic)>Whispering Skull (heroic)>Death's Choice>Deathbringer's Will(heroic)>Whispering Skull>Herkuml War Token>Deathbringer's Will>DMC:Greatness>Comet's Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Roflcrab
    i lost Deathbringer's awesome Will trinket to ret pally (for second time, for same ret pally. First time he had to give it to hunter instead so he gave a shot for trinket again) and i myself r UH Dk. Note, we use loot council here.
    Sounds like the council was pretty fair to me. Guy won it the first time and gave it to a hunter (who makes better use of it than either of you) then he was awarded it the 2nd time for keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfiregum1
    Your guild obviously hates you, and thats why they looted it to the paladin. You should leave.
    LOL you made me spit out my soda when I read this lol

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfiregum1
    You should leave
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanoble