disc priest needs help on finding a BIS trinket list...

im looking everywhere but i cant seem to find a BIS trinket list for disc priest and i can only find any informations for holy and that doesnt really help me.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: disc priest needs help on finding a BIS trinket list...

It's not DPS, use your head. You should be able to figure out what will work the best for you based on what you access to.

Solace of the fallen / defeated ftw :x And purified lunar dust, sliver of pure ice is nice.. Althors abacus.

Yeah, there you go, those are the 4 I'd aim for. Personally, for longer fights use solace / lunar dust, and for everything else, solace / althors

Predicting damage - the right way.

Dual solace beats out PLD/Solace any day

Quote Originally Posted by Caetlan
    Dual solace beats out PLD/Solace any day

Not in throughput. And if you're not worried about going OOM, throughput > Regen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Whatever trinkets are best for throughput are the ones you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    Whatever trinkets are best for throughput are the ones you use.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t83203-w...thas_downfall/
    abacus normal and heroic would be the best in most fights unless you need the regen which you probably won't(lich king could be the exception)

You can't use both Abacus' and even if you could it wouldn't be BiS.

BiS as Disc is funny. You actually have 5 BiS trinkets: Abacus 277, Solace 258, Illustration of the Dragon Soul and Spark of Hope. You have 2 basic setups: Solace + Spark and Abacus + IDS. There are some 'in between' setupes with say Abacus and Solace, but that's something you need to tweak. Solace + Spark is the highest mana regen combination possible. Abacus 277 and IDS is the highest throughput setup possible and should be used on almost any fight.

That listing is pretty far off by the way. Top 5 throughput are Abacus 277 > IDS > Abacus 264 > Purified Lunar Dust > Sliver of Pure Ice 264. That list takes mana regen into consideration when calculating throughput, which is stupid. Regen list is very wrong as well. Nothing comes remotely close to Spark. When GCD locked at 1 second Spark provides almost double the regen of Solace 258. People need to stop mixing in their own stat values with no basis. Why is MP5 a 1 on both the Throughput and Mana Regen list? :

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Regen list is very wrong as well. Nothing comes remotely close to Spark. When GCD locked at 1 second Spark provides almost double the regen of Solace 258. People need to stop mixing in their own stat values with no basis. Why is MP5 a 1 on both the Throughput and Mana Regen list? :
    I'm not doubting that Spark is awesome on regen, I am just interested in the numbers around it.

Another note, I think people look at Spark and base the regen mostly on the Spi, and give the mana reduction part of it very little mp5. But wasn't there a bug(or is there still a bug?) that causes the mana reduction to vary between spells for Spark?

whichever 2 have the highest amount of spell power, THAT WAS HARD!!

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    But wasn't there a bug(or is there still a bug?) that causes the mana reduction to vary between spells for Spark?
    No bug. Spark discounts the mana before talents are taken into consideration. So if you have talents that reduct the cost of a spell by 10%, the amount of the mana cost reduction done by spark is in effect similarly discounted.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    I'm not doubting that Spark is awesome on regen, I am just interested in the numbers around it.

Another note, I think people look at Spark and base the regen mostly on the Spi, and give the mana reduction part of it very little mp5. But wasn't there a bug(or is there still a bug?) that causes the mana reduction to vary between spells for Spark?
    See BigSlick's comment above for the last part.

The Spirit portion of Spark is a tiny amount of regen in comparison to the on-equip. If there was no Spirit it would still be the top regen trinket in game. Look at a Disc Priest who is GCD locked at 1 second and spamming every GCD. You get 36 mana reduced on every cooldown. That's 180 mp5. Next closest is Solace at 144. That's with 0 Spirit. Now, 1 Spirit = ~.31 MP5. Spark has 100 which puts it up to 211 mp5. The maximum you could get from it is ~241 mp5. You can literally equip Solace + the next highest regen trinket and it would still be less regen than Spark + Nothing.

15+ Year Old Account

harky is right, however if you are concerned in BiS trinkets then you shouldn't be worrying about regen at all, they should all be throughput trinkets because you should pretty easily have the gear to back them.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

As I posted in my first post, it's a good idea to have 2 regen and 2 throughput trinkets around if you really want to say 'BiS' you have to consider that there is a fight where you can OOM (only one :P) and it's also not a fight that requires much throughput at all on Normal. So having Spark/Solace is good, but you'll use Abacus/IDS on 99% of fights.