Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Help, Boomkin can't break 7k

Hi!
    I seem to Have trouble breaking 7k dps on Bosses, well not breaking, im just about around 7k-7.2k dps on all bosses in Icc.. though if im looking at mages and such in raids i see them hit like 9k with similar gear as me...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...anas&cn=Kilari

As a hybrid what dps should i be at with this kind of gear? 8-9k?

About 50/50 of the dmg is wrath/starfire, often a little more from starfire, belive thats because im over haste softcap. and starfire (DOT) is about 9-10% of my damage.

Opener:
    IFF, Nevermelting Icecrystal, MF, IS, SF until Solar ( often first one with nevermelting) Refreshing IS if it fades before 7 sec left on Eclipse otherwise refreshing Dots right after eclipse... Wrath until Lunar, Pop engineering Gloves, SF refresh IS if more then 7 sec left on Eclipse.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."
    it's as annoying as the tank who asks READY? after every trash pull.

Just as annoying as these threads? AmIright?
    ~Bahumut5

Re: Help, Boomkin can't break 7k

Get better gear, you can buy the cloth bracers cheap now

Yes i know, Gear always increase ur Dps :P
    But im seeing people with similar gear as me doing like 8.5k dps on saurfang... whilst i only can do 8.1 thanks to starfall (should be higher now after patch).
    i must be doign something wrong.
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."

~Bahumut5

Deleted

Nevermelting Ice Crystal doesn't really cut it for moonkins. You might like the spell power increase, and that is still acceptable, but the use ability doesn't really do that much for us. Sure, the crit is nice, but it can only help you start a little bit, and it will feel too insignificant once you get rolling. The Sundial from heroic emblems still beat NIC.

Your crit is very low. Let me rephrase that: Your crit is VERY low! Work on trading some of that haste to crit. At any rate, most people had at least 5% more crit when they started on Icecrown. Ofcourse, it depends on how often you raid and what you have access to, but you should be running with more crit.

Have you done anything to read up on how to gem your gear? You are using pure crit gems (which is not so good) and one of them is even rare - not epic - and you are using five SP/spirit gems - you need just three.

That being said, it doesn't seem like you raid on a regular basis - this is evident from your achievements and the fact that you have not a single piece of 264 gear. So are you mostly seeing these numbers in ICC10? That in mind, i suppose 7k isn't that bad, but if you are pugging ICC, then you have to keep in mind that you are playing with peolpe of very varying gear.

Things you should do:

-Get Sundial of the Exiled
    -Get some items crafted - especially Bejeweled Wizard Bracers for a good (cheap) increase.
    -Focus on getting more crit - even using the resto ring with mp5 from Triump Emblems would be better than stacking haste when you have so little crit.
    -Getting more crit also means more mana regen, which means you can take poitns from Intensity and put it into something else (say, Owlkin Frenzy or Typhoon if you are so inclined).
    -Read up on your class!

Lastly, a 400 DPS difference on any given fight is not really something to freak out over.

EDIT: After the patch, Glyph of Starfall is sooooo much better than Glyph of Insect Swarm. Gogo, switch!

Pure DPS Class > Hybrid Class.

In terms of DPS output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Pure DPS Class > Hybrid Class.

In terms of DPS output.
    Very incorrect. Introducing death knights and feral druids. There is no hybrid tax, just RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Kilari
    Yes i know, Gear always increase ur Dps :P
    But im seeing people with similar gear as me doing like 8.5k dps on saurfang... whilst i only can do 8.1 thanks to starfall (should be higher now after patch).
    i must be doign something wrong.
    If you really want help, post a log please. In 10 man, in that gear, if you really are doing 8.1K on Saurfang that's pretty impressive (and I doubt you really are doing that, honestly). Remember not all classes are really created equally, and you are hurt more than pretty much anyone else by having to move. I can do 9K on Saurfang 10 man, but that means having the hunters do their frost traps properly and concentrating on the fight, with probably 11% more crit, 800 more spell power and 100 or so more haste than you.

Also what is your Raid comp? If it's skewed to physical damage, and you're missing any of the caster buffs, that's an important point.

Have you used RAWR? I find it relatively accurate for moonkin, see what it says your potential is. I doubt it will be 9K.

Changes out those Gems, i took a huge break when Ulduar was released, back then u were suppose to use Sp+spirit gems in any sockets that gave you a bonus of 7sp or more.. thats why i've used that...
    The 20 Crit is still there because i wanted the 9 sp from Socketbonus and i really needed the crit, it will be upgraded to a epic quality gem.

Regarding the Lack of 264i gear it's because i've been extremly unlucky.. haven't even seen a Drop in VoA and in Icc 25 i always loose the rolls. Since my guild can't seem to pass fester or rotface im not getting alot of Emblems either.

I belive the lack of crit is mostly because of my SP trinkets, im trying to get the essence of unliving and Muradins spyglasses...
    Are you really sure the Sundial really is better then the Nevermelting? it helps me to get my rotation to start almost instantly! I got it in my bags so i'll change to it and try out. i've been really trying to get my upgrades, but everytime it drops someone else gets it or when im the only leather sp in the raid it doesn't drop.. but hey thats the game..though the guild having Armor prio sucks to since i don't benefit anything from stuff being leather and full of spirit.
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

Quote Originally Posted by bockbear
    If you really want help, post a log please. In 10 man, in that gear, if you really are doing 8.1K on Saurfang that's pretty impressive (and I doubt you really are doing that, honestly). Remember not all classes are really created equally, and you are hurt more than pretty much anyone else by having to move. I can do 9K on Saurfang 10 man, but that means having the hunters do their frost traps properly and concentrating on the fight, with probably 11% more crit, 800 more spell power and 100 or so more haste than you.

Also what is your Raid comp? If it's skewed to physical damage, and you're missing any of the caster buffs, that's an important point.

Have you used RAWR? I find it relatively accurate for moonkin, see what it says your potential is. I doubt it will be 9K.
    I am doing 8.1k dps on saurfang yes.
    Do you got a Website or something where i can find out how to post my dmg logs online?

Our groups are mostly Casterbased. so im not lacking any buffs.

Used to use Rawr during Naxxramas will download it again.
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

Depending on the economy on your server and how much cash you have, you can replace the bracers with the ones off 25 man Deathwhisper (they're pretty close to BIS especially if you can use the hit), I got mine for about 5K. You can replace the pants you're using with the tailoring ones, they're also pretty close to BIS. You should go for 4XT10, but you also will want to get the 60 badge belt (i'd have done that before the Idol you got since the idol is only a minor upgrade from the TOC one).

I am doing 8.1k dps on saurfang yes.
    Do you got a Website or something where i can find out how to post my dmg logs online?

Our groups are mostly Casterbased. so im not lacking any buffs.

Used to use Rawr during Naxxramas will download it again.
    I'd use Worldoflogs.

It would be interesting to see what Qieth is doing on 10 Saurfang

After some Google searching i now got an account on Wowmeters online so i'll be parsing tonights raid.

For the time being maybe u can get some info from this?

your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

Its coming down to lack of gear and putting incorrect gems. Maybe your rotation is wrong? Are you using tree's and starfall every time they are off C/D?

Also not to be mean/blunt/whatever, but you have mining. Right there is already 46dps lost from not having a raiding proffesion. Don't know if u want to go that route, but would be a stab in direction.

Quote Originally Posted by compaqmac
    Its coming down to lack of gear and putting incorrect gems. Maybe your rotation is wrong? Are you using tree's and starfall every time they are off C/D?

Also not to be mean/blunt/whatever, but you have mining. Right there is already 46dps lost from not having a raiding proffesion. Don't know if u want to go that route, but would be a stab in direction.
    Trees are used in every opener and then again Right before heroism
    Starfall is used Every CD unless i know that there will be another mob comming up in the next 15 sec or so.
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

Trees are used in every opener and then again Right before heroism
    Starfall is used Every CD unless i know that there will be another mob comming up in the next 15 sec or so.
    What u mean if another mob comes up in next 15 seconds? So you saying if a mob is coming up in that time frame, u will wait 15s to pop starfall? So now you are already 15s behind in DPSing since u have not poped Starfall yet

But the Starfall will do twice the amount of dmg wont it?
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Very incorrect. Introducing death knights and feral druids. There is no hybrid tax, just RNG
    This is actually very incorrect..

in EQUAL gear/skill. you will never see a hybrid beat a pure on dps meter.

i stress the equal part because they will always be special people who can just play a certain class amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    This is actually very incorrect..

in EQUAL gear/skill. you will never see a hybrid beat a rogue on dps meter.

i stress the equal part because they will always be special people who can just play a certain class amazing
    Here, I fixed that for you. I'm not saying my guild is anything special, just a group of friends who raid together but we're 10/12 now. But I'm usually below the rogues with maybe a hunter or DK ahead of me.

Here's me in 3rd under two rogues: World of Logs - Only boss kills

It's not consistant, I'm not always there, but I can definitely beat out most of the DPS who are equally geared as I.

As for the OP, I'd agree with Qieth here, except i'd change one thing he said. He said to try to trade out some Haste for Crit. I'd try to trade out that SPR gear for crit/haste gear. Save up some money get the mats for Deathfrost Boots and Leggings of Woven Death. Primordial Saronites are dropping near 1k on the server I play on. It's pretty easy to farm that kind of cash, and this way you don't have to worry about getting a specific drop.

EDIT: Also, can't wait to see what my #s are like this week with the starfall upgrade.

But you are already behind 15s with letting the starfall going unused.

But really rotation is small fix compared to your gear. You really on the low end of alot of things that we value.

RNG has a lot to do with moonkin DPS. If you're doing more dps on specific bosses in ICC, movement will also affect these numbers. For example, fights like Deathwhisper and Rotface require much more movement. If, by chance, Eclipse procs from Wrath and then you have to take out an ooze (Rotface) or avoid multiple Death & Decays (Deathwhisper), that's just bad luck. Nothing more, nothing less. On fights with very little or no movement (Saurfang), the odds are very good that you will never miss an Eclipse proc or activate your trinket when it can't be fully beneficial.

That being said, there are a few things that you can do to make up for this preceived loss in DPS (most of which have been covered here). Using CDs like Trees and Starfall whenever they are off cooldown - and when they won't, say, pull extra mobs - can relieve some of the stress of movement. It won't completely make up for a partially missed Eclipse proc, but it's bound to help keep your DPS more consistant.