Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

My poor Shaman. I wish they could keep Cleansing Totem as a "one pulse" ability that removes a disease and poison of everyone within range when you drop it and that's it. I'm taking these changes to mean overall that in PvE at least, particularly in 5 man groups, most of the powerful enemy debuffs will be magic.

It seems to me that it would be more appropriate for Paladins to have Magic, Disease and Curse while Shamans had Magic, Offensive Magic and Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp
    That April Fool joke is abit to late, sinces need to waste a talent point for been able to dispell magic aint fun.
    Way too late... it almost late to the point that it frightens one that they may actually be serious...

Deleted

Haha look at the stream of tears pouring out of this forum just because of a little teaser and still LOTS of changes to come. Do you think this is all final and do you think they are going to make every single crybaby happy?

15+ Year Old Account

I find it funny that so many people RAGE over this announcement without knowing the full extent of the class overhaul for Cataclysm.

Impetus Norvegicus
    Norwegian Empire Community
    Søker etter flere norsktalende spillere
    Guild forum | Guild HQ

My Retri will probably spend most of the expansion in mage novas
    forumz addict :>

Just offhand, it seems to me it'd make more sense for paladins to be defensive magic, curses, and disease. Makes more sense lorewise that paladins (holy warriors) could get rid of curses.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh
    Just offhand, it seems to me it'd make more sense for paladins to be defensive magic, curses, and disease. Makes more sense lorewise that paladins (holy warriors) could get rid of curses.
    Yeah I agree, why would a holy man care about poisons? Shamans and Druids, people of nature should cure those. Leave the diseases to the priest and paladin, and let the paladin cure curses as well :P

OMG!

Stop crying and complaining people!
    Class specifications arent out yet and you are desperate already!

Well STOP IT!

Blizz is trying to make up for the LK and this is there 3th expansion with many people working on it.
    Do you think your comment is so masterminded that they did not thought of that?
    Come on!

The game is gonna be harder (they try) and thats a good thing because only you guys do is QQ about being easy!

Just read and think about it, dont complain over everything that they post.

Ill give blizz free rights to do what they want, to change all they can. they know what they are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    While I see the reasoning for it, I think it's a bad move. It's one of those things that differs a great tank from a good tank.
    Bullshit. The only thing that differentiates a good tank/DPS from a bad tank/DPS is their TPS/DPS. Seriously. It's not about using all your class abilities correctly and to the benefit of the group, it's about having more opportunities to fuck up your rotation. Lrn2BlizzardDevelop, scrub.

(In case it did not, in fact, dampen your screen, the above is dripping of sarcasm).

Well, my fellow Rets, with that "trade off shit", try to imagine 1vs1 versus frost mage. I better kill myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallador
    Seeing as there is no trade-offs for the Ret/Prot Paladins i can see them giving Ret + Prots something neat somewhere in their talent trees to counter certain now "Undispellable" situations.
    Dreams, just dreams. Poor paladins no needs compensations or trade-offs! They'll just eat that all.
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

The biggest problem i have with this is the fact that the target needs to have the debuff already before you dispel or else you're wasting a high amount of mana since they're also buffing the mana cost....

Atm in arena i hop in and out of LoS when i know i have to dispel a melee from frost nova / mage slows all the time so i guess its sort of a buff for mage teams in that regard but now that druids can dispel allies and cant be polymorphed its gonna fuck mages up vs any druid team since you cant CC at all.. bit of an OP change for druids imo, time to make them polymorphable in any form?

its sort of gone from:
    - 'cheap' dispels with no penalty for spam dispelling

to:
    - 'expensive' dispels with 100% penalty (i.e. mana loss) if the target has nothing to dispel

Id much rather see 20-40% of the dispel magic cost being wasted if the target has no buffs/debuffs to dispel and currently dispel magic removes 2 offensive buffs or 2 friendly debuffs.. what if theres only 1 buff to dispel? might be cool to refund some of the dispel cost instead of wasting 100% of a more expensive version of the dispel magic spell in both situations (0 and 1 buff/debuff to remove).

oookay...

interesting stuff, not what i expected, not what i wanted, interesting anyway.

so, lemme get this straight, all shaman will be able to cure curses and ofc purge, but only resto dispel magic, too? and we will loose dispell poisons and diseases? why are shaman the only ones swapping different dispels, but others remaining the same or gaining new dispells? :/ QQ. not that poison and disease cleanse was useful against rogues anyway, still...

wasted dispels? for pvp good thing i guess, for pve? Dunno, sounds like all they want is to make healers job even harder and less forgiving, whereas i havent seen single change yet, that would make it harder for dps and they announced like yesterday thay are getting rid of "on next attack" abilites, thus making it easier for tanks... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by gortz

Atm in arena i hop in and out of LoS when i know i have to dispel a melee from frost nova / mage slows all the time so i guess its sort of a buff for mage teams in that regard but now that druids can dispel allies and cant be polymorphed its gonna fuck mages up vs any druid team since you cant CC at all.. bit of an OP change for druids imo, time to make them polymorphable in any form?
    oh yea, that too, it was bad enough they are completely countering hex, now sheep, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    The idea is, You will get punished for just spamming dispel to get rid of everything. Basically punished for playing mindlessly.

Which is one of the main reasons why people don't like world of warcraft. Some people think it's completely mindless, so they are doing what they can to better reward people with actual reflexes (without causing the entire game to collapse onto itself).

Yes, i am going to miss the ability to dispel magic effects (which i don't see enough of, even by people who don't do it), but i too understand the reasoning behind it.
    this, they're trying to have healers dispell right when It's needed, not just ROFL SPAM DISPELL NAOW HAHEHAHEAHE
    poopie

I agree, again shamans with the shortest stick.

Gaining dispel magic in exchange for cleanse totem, disease cleanse, cure poison is like devil's bargain.

Denying cleanse totem from shamans methink is a littlte too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/24038610691-upcoming-cataclysm-dispel-mechanics.html]In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel[/blizzquote"] When is the retardation ever going to end? They basically want healers to waste Dispels? Wonderful!
    The idea is to make healing and general gameplay more challenging. You know, that thing people whine about WoW being easy mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    It also allows the encounter designers to assume, when designing dungeon or raid fights, that every group can dispel magic.
    Eew ... I better get a healer that can find that button if I want to succeed in dungeons :P

Silly shaman, stop whining about cleansing totems. Totems are getting an overhaul to make them "more interesting to use" anyway.

Silly anyone moaning about any of these changes. You can't apply them to the current game and go "oh no rogues are going to kill me!" The whole game is going to be re-balanced.

Can't wait to see ret stuck in druid roots all the way

As a shaman I say... fair enough! But i guess, the shaman cleansing totem is going to get removed?!

10+ Year Old Account

Then please undo the poison 100% uptime so it's actually worth curing. Force the rogues into using shiv again atleast :-)

RONG WHIT DOG!