BYe Bye Tremor totem?

With the newish blue post about despell mechanics in cataclysm, any one else worried about tremor totem? It lists defensive magic dispels as the dispels that remove harmfull effects from allies. It then goes on to state that resto shamans will need to spec to do this.

To my knowlage and that definition (aka the blizzard definition), tremor totem would be under defensive magic dispel. Does this mean bye bye tremor totem?

Oh well just have to wait and see.

I do feel sad thought that we (resto shamans) are no longer going to be the masters of dispelling.

Re: BYe Bye Tremor totem?

It removes specific effects, I don't believe it will be changed.

Then again, it could be.

I do believe since most fears (save intimidating shout) are magic, it'd be a defensive magic dispell which shamans will have, tremor totem should be staying.

Unless you're saying that only resto shamans would be able to use tremor because of the defensive magic dispell, then tremor totem MAY indeed go byebye, i doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunzar
    I do believe since most fears (save intimidating shout) are magic, it'd be a defensive magic dispell which shamans will have, tremor totem should be staying.

Unless you're saying that only resto shamans would be able to use tremor because of the defensive magic dispell, then tremor totem MAY indeed go byebye, i doubt it though.
    Well it says "Restoration shaman, Restoration druids, and Holy paladins will need to talent into their defensive magic dispels." So only resto shamans can defensive dispel magic. That is why I fear for tremor.

They can't REMOVE my Cleanse or my Tremor totem! >.<

Otherwise my 2vs.2 Elemental / Frost Mage will be dead, right after teh patch, no matter what!
    They just can't do it!

Any 2v2 with an elemental has already been dead.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chückyy
    They can't REMOVE my Cleanse or my Tremor totem! >.<

Otherwise my 2vs.2 Elemental / Frost Mage will be dead, right after teh patch, no matter what!
    They just can't do it!
    wake up fool read some blue post Cleansing is alrdy half dead ;S thx to blizz giveing Dk's and rogue's thing so we can cleans the poisons and disease's

Um. Warriors have a fear, too. Tremor Totem removes fear. Whether it's magic or not is irrelevant. The blue post said abilities not specifically placed on the list are being left unchanged for the time being.

Could it go away? Maybe. But there's no evidence to suggest that it would be.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    Any 2v2 with an elemental has already been dead.
    /wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Kunzar

They seem to go after "Fire and forget"-type dispels (Abolish poison and cleansing totems were mentioned)... And Tremor is basically a F&F fearward...

It's too early to know for sure, either they think it's narrow enough (just fears basically, so it's OK as is) or they think it's an evil F&F effect and it will be removed and resto shammys will get a consolidated dispell like the paladin one...

As hell bend as Blizzard is on keeping totems as our iconic abilities I don't think they'll be removing too many of them. They could though with all the QQ going on about why they're removing cleansing but not tremor. Either way we're fucked in PVP so it doesn't matter to me since I stopped pvping when Wrath came out and don't see myself pvping in Cata unless we get some major buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle
    With the newish blue post about despell mechanics in cataclysm, any one else worried about tremor totem? It lists defensive magic dispels as the dispels that remove harmfull effects from allies. It then goes on to state that resto shamans will need to spec to do this.

To my knowlage and that definition (aka the blizzard definition), tremor totem would be under defensive magic dispel. Does this mean bye bye tremor totem?

Oh well just have to wait and see.

I do feel sad thought that we (resto shamans) are no longer going to be the masters of dispelling.
    It just cant be nerfed even more then it is atm - to be "safe" you need re-place it every GCD other way it will be destroyed in next 0.1-0.2 sec after placed.

P.S. its realy most annonying thing -drop tremor and run away in fear immideatly...and it happend every time i step into arena...spam tremor or didnt use it at all only one way to use it now.

P.P.S. where are you, guys, who didnt kill totems?...there are any at 2k+ rating?...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Cleansing totem for %100 sure but I really want to see that tremor goes too .
    SO shaman should be more pro to heal in arenas position wiser
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow

clease is gone
    dont see why termor though, cause u cant dispell urself while feared, and if u want termor totem to be gone just slap it like the rest of world.
    Very bad.

It has also been said in blue posts that boss mechanics reauiring dispells should be less spamming of the dispell mechnic. But would also include sometype of penatly for misuse of the dispell ability

I really don't hope that they are taking away the tremor aswell.

Tho so far i haven't seen any signs of it. It's looking like they wanna free up the "non-player" actions, so we dont just keep going without watching debuff whenever you got shaman in raid.

Tremor is more another thing imo. Fears hits sometimes, but not as often as some poison's or deseases do at all.

Having this totem remaining would still be nice, so we dont get totally stripped of cool stuff !

Tremor totem is garbage anyways. Takes waaaay too long to tick Fear off me.
    Locks rape my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy
    Tremor totem is garbage anyways. Takes waaaay too long to tick Fear off me.
    Locks rape my face.
    True story, anyway i sometimes have a situation, when a second before getting feared goes a tick, and then i run out of totem range, wchich means full duration fear for me. It sux =/

I often don't have a chance to drop it because im cycling through everything in the area.

Match starts!

Oh shit a lock/preist/warrior
    drop tremor
    oh shit they all ran right at me
    drop earthbind
    ghostwolf run
    oh shit that didn't help at all
    drop stoneclaw for shield
    oh shit the fucking lock/warror/priest
    FEAR!!!!!
    HEY <insert my name> WHERE THE FUCK IS TREMOR TOTEM
    sorry guys i had to try and you know, stay alive what with me being so squishy in 1.1k resil
    Its cool <insert my name> you're mainly here for BL

*Next patch Drums of Bloodlust will be released*

*you've been removed from your arena team*

:'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic