Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Valithria

We have recently got to the point where we can one shot through rotface without a problem, and then downed Professor today. We then jumped to Valithria and got stuck.

Raid healer comp

Me - Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Priest

We got her to 80% on our last attempt, but hit the enrage timer.

Priest has the best GS by about 400 points (in game gearscore), and was made the main portal jumper. Every other portal me and the shaman switch and take turns going in.

I have read in some forum posts that Priests should not be the one doing the portal jumping, so should I be the main portal jumper, or should we just have me do it period unless they need mana?

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

Re: Healing Valithria

If you are hitting the enrage timer and only getting to 80% your healers are not doing their job. Make sure they are not letting their stacks fall off and dedicate a healer or two to doing nothing but healing Valithria.
    My guild runs :
    Resto shaman
    Holy paladin
    Holy priest

We have the holy paladin and resto shaman taking portals and doing nothing but healing Valithria while priest solo heals raid.

I'd argue the shaman is probably the best person to take inside, but you should really have 2 healers taking every portal spawn and keeping their stacks up, with 1 staying outside to keep up the tanks and the rest of the raid.
    Either have the shaman and you or the shaman and the priest going in would be the best, it'll go alot faster and mana shouldn't really be an issue if your dps are doing what they should. (killing skeletons before they rape your raid with lay waste and interrupting the frostbolts that mana burn)

Shaman and druid should heal the boss while the priest solo heals the raid.

Diesel 1/7H

Generally the heal meter for fights is me and the priest just about even at about 5k hps, and when we do 3 heal a fight, the shaman pulls about 3-3.5k hps.

We do okay healing, I believe adds aren't going down fast enough because towards the end before the wipe I tend to be focused so much on keeping people alive that I can't move back to valithria without losing someone.

We also tried the fight with 2 x resto druid and the same holy priest, should we have both druids going through while the priest then stays out and raid heals?

The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by syonxwf
    We do okay healing, I believe adds aren't going down fast enough because towards the end before the wipe I tend to be focused so much on keeping people alive
    that's called the enrage.

Generally the order of best healers goes like this:
    Holy Pally
    Single target spec'd and glyph'd resto druid
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest

In my 10man we have a druid on raid with me(resto shaman) and a holy pally healing the boss.

Also don't let your stacks fall. It makes the fight much harder, and we usually pop heroism after we get out of the 3rd portal.

Diesel 1/7H

No matter who you choose to go in, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't take turns.

Have the same two people go in every time to get your stacks up as high as you can.

Priest stays out with GS on boss when healers pop out. Make sure stacks don't fall off. Win.

But really, nothing beats a pally (or really even comes close) on this fight.

you can certainly soloheal outside as a disc priest.
    If your gear is not amazing and you end up having mana problems at the end from spamshielding, ask for the druids innervate as he wont need it.

what also helps for your healers inside: stack up (even /follow works) so everyone gets the same ammount of stacks and no1s fall off.
    Ask for PI if the priest is disc as druid, if not link GS and BL/Hero together to get increased effect on the drake.
    If executed properly, you will heal her up after the 3rdish portal with ease.

I strongly disagree with having the druid outside or the shaman as they can do pretty sick numbers compared to a priest on the drake.

Sidenote: I dont see the point why the priest is holy in this setup tho. His/her bubbles are far superior to CoH and there is no fight where a guardian spirit is much superior to PS/Pi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

15+ Year Old Account

Due to Ancestral Awakening, resto shamans are best on this fight. In 10 man, I do 22k+ hps on this fight.
    Run a single tank, 3-4 heals, the rest dps.
    Shaman rotation: Riptide > HW > HW > LHW > LHW > repeat.
    After 3 times of entering portals, pop hero and spam HW.
    Never miss a portal, unless you are the single person not healing dreamwalker.
    Easy.

Never ever take turns into portals. This way you have only one person with 20 stacks.

Let your shaman and druid take every portal. Make sure they have proper build for that job. Use guardian spirit on boss (glyphed maybe?), just make sure its on when you are out of portals. When you heal her to about 80%+ (number depends how good you are, and how many stacks you have, I would suggest 83-85% for your comp), after leaving portals pop heroism/bloodlust and skip next portal, just heal her to full before stacks fall off. At the end, if you are near enrage timer, druid should help healing the raid.

Priest healing outside could use mana tide and innervate.

Another thing for your dps (wich helps the healer outside by miles) and thus it might be worth mentioning:

The blistering zombies (or how the dudes that that lay waste are called), will always target a random raidmember.
    IF the person sees that, you can move away instead of towards (even as melee), wich will increase the time till that mob will cast lay waste and thus you will have way less raid dmg.

and sorry grizzly but i have to somehow disagree on a part:

Dont unlink GS and Hero if you have both present. The increased effect by stacking them + having had some rounds of orb catching are far superior, than using them after each other.
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kärmä
    Generally the order of best healers goes like this:
    Holy Pally
    Single target spec'd and glyph'd resto druid
    Resto Shaman
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest

In my 10man we have a druid on raid with me(resto shaman) and a holy pally healing the boss.

Also don't let your stacks fall. It makes the fight much harder, and we usually pop heroism after we get out of the 3rd portal.
    How do stacks fall off? I know the priest mentioned at the end that, even though she went in every time, she said she only had 4 stacks.

We will also have just me and the shaman and/or druid go in, while the priest stays out, as it sounds like the best option thus far.

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt 5k hps still seem a little low if you are collecting stacks as a healer throughout the fight. Ive only attempted this in 25 man but we had a holy pally in his offset doing 17k hps and to be honest I dont think he was even in full icc10 gear yet.

As a side note there was one issue we were having during portal phase where our healers were swimming through the green orbs but they werent always popping and stacking the buff. Is there any specific strategy to be getting these things to pop?

I have found that the key to the fight, once the heals have the gaining stacks/keeping them down pat is just to make sure the dps is coordinated

one tip i can give is to burn abhominations down AFTER you kill the blazing skeletons, using all the dps who killed the skele to quickly kill abhom and the worms which spawn.

send 2 heals into port and leave the third up to solo heal the raid - if the dps do their work there is almost no raid healing anyway.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yreimer/simple

Standing in fires for mana since TOTC

my guilds make up is

me-holy pally
    holy priest
    and resto druid

and priest and druid are solely on valithria while i beacond her and keep the raid up by myself i usually stay out most of the fight while occasionally going into portals if i need the mana but isnt usually an issue i usually hit about 12-13kHPS and after me is the druid around 9-10k HPs with the preist trailing at about 7-8k

read my first reply: as person in the portals, stack up together or /follow, stack dropping is impossible more or less.
    On the general usefulness lvl of healers on that fight:

you have to think about inside (wich then i totally agree with kärmä) and the one outside, wich as a disc with even 3k sp raidbuffed, means that you have most of the inc dmg outside absorbed by shield

You and your run seem very uninformed about the nature of this fight. The best recommendation that can be given here is a simple link to the fight on wowwiki, tankspot, or any similar strategy page. However, I will attempt a quick explanation

1) 2 Healers on the dragon, all the time

2) 1 Healer outside the portals keeping the raid alive

3) Dragon healers spend time in EVERY PORTAL SPAWN gaining MORE STACKS of the green buff and never ever letting it fall off.

If the adds outside are handled properly and the appropriate 10+ buffs are obtained, the dragon's health will fly up much faster than any enrage timer.

(This is a very quick and poor explanation from a dps class, you should really research the fight more.)
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

our holy paladin enters solo and is able to heal the boss solo (on 10 heroic).