Poll: Elemental or Enhancement? Post why you chose what you did.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

What will you be leveling as in Catacylsm?

With most of the information known about the upcoming elemental/enhancement additions and viability, I'm curious to see what people will consider quickest and most efficient for leveling 80-85 in Cataclysm.

Previously Timpyroz, currently Brightleaf.

Re: What will you be leveling as in Catacylsm?

voted b4 reading, i would lvl with elemental, cuz thats how i roll, not because its faster or anything.

Even though it might actually be.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I'll go elemental till duel spec and pick up a resto tree. As interesting as trying out the new enhance leveling system might be I suspect ele will let me heal dungeons or DPS them. If que times are really fast from people leveling in dungeons though I may try enhance. Got lots of BoA gear sitting around waiting for my goblin shammy.

Depending on how Enhance changes, probably that.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account

enhancement, because they will make that the leveling spec
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Prolly all of them since i got gear for all x3 specs.

Deleted

Uhm... to Chimpzilla and Muzy... the OP didn't mean new Shamans. He meant from 80-85...
    To clear up why I referred to Muzy, too:
    They only make Enhance the leveling spec for lower levels, by adding Primal Strike. The changes in higher levels are, atm, not really great for Enhance.

In my case:
    I've been Elemental hole expansion, got the gear I need, so I'll level as Elemental in cata... just because it's the quickest way for me >_>
    Waaaaaay too lazy to try and farm all the enhance gear I'd need to be on par with my Elemental gear. (don't flame it or anything, I'm not actively raiding anymore, which is why my gear is not that great)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef
    Prolly all of them since i got gear for all x3 specs.
    Too bad 277/284 gear will get replaced by level 81 greens. [/exaggerate]

Deleted

I have always found Enhancement really efficent to level with, so probaly that. Or ill get a group of friends and instance grind. But after the really nice quest lines in wotlk more likely to be the first.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Uhm... to Chimpzilla and Muzy... the OP didn't mean new Shamans. He meant from 80-85...
    Uhm to you. Just because I'm starting my shaman when the expansion comes out doesn't mean I won't be doing levels 80-85. Did I say somewhere I planned to stop at level 80? Hey maybe if I try enhance and enjoy it I'll experience levels 80-85 as enhance.

Where is the none option. I have played shaman since pre tbc and these changes are meh its putting some shiny new spells over fundamental flaws in the class.

Waiting on some decent shaman changes not just "oooooooooooh earthquake" cause thats not gunna fix it, or giving enh a new spell to spam in prio list. Or even better resto shamans another aoe heal that depends on range oooh great i can do a aoe hot on mmm lets see those 3 ranged or just keep chainhealing the tanks and melee.

ENHC is still the best way to level
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

Elemental for me. I don't think anything will last longer than a flame shock, lava burst, lightning bolt...

Plus I like the fact elemental can heal real well too so if you pull AoE style, just drop a magma totem, heal yourself while you fire nova the mobs.