Poll: Do You like farm PvE content for BiS PvP items?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do You like farm PvE content for BiS PvP items?

Hi there! ATM (in my battlegroup at last) there are no players at 2k+ who didnt use 3-4 PvE items in ther PvP sets. Trinkets, relics, ICC rings (my personal most hated item) and so on. As PvP player who stop raid when ulduar come live, Im realy confused - are we forced to go PvE again to be valuble in pvp?! For example - why the fuck PvE tanking trinket (228 stam+6.4k dmg absorb/2 min cd) is waaaaaay better then PvP ones (some stats+4k hp/3 min cd)?... Why we need to farm PvE gear since all DPS need it for be able to deal noticeble damage to heavy resil (1.1-1.5k) targets?!...It looks like in the end of this season we will need whole PvE off-set for good PvPing...

P.S. I have only 2-3 hours after work for playing, and im at 2k+ 3-3/5-5 atm.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Re: Do You like farm PvE content for BiS PvP items?

i hate that there is so much valuable pvp gear that i could get from pve seeing as i only pve on one of my toons. with the others the ones i actually pvp with i just dont have the time or the willingness

The stamina trinket is 60 frost badges, something you can get by doing a random heroic and your weekly for like 4 weeks. Even so, it's not that great. 150 spell power / attack power is way better if you have enough resilience, which you definitely do at that rating.

Your ashen verdict ring? Go... rep farm for a day or two. o_O

Granted, there are some items that are nice to have. Deathbringer's Will, Solace of the Defeated, DFO. But I wouldn't say they're /required/. The extra 50 spell power or 50 haste of 50 armor pen will not keep you from the higher brackets.

I'm a raider so, yes, I like it
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

well, it depends a lot on your class/specc/role.
    ok, i play a restoration shaman and i do rely on the resilience cap because of lacking survival cooldowns, but im very glad to have a solace for 3on3.
    my mage and spriest partners both use 2 pieces of t10 and a lot of pve gear, because the setup lets them use those items without "lol got globaled" situations.
    we often meet rogues in rmp about 2300-2400 mmr, that use so many pve items, that they simply die when out of cooldowns (ok, just cos against shatterplay) even if their priest is free to spam heals on them.
    in contrast, there are moonkins in owlplay setups, that have 33k life and a lot of resilience (in our battlegroup at least).

but id say you are not limited in rating when you only use pvp items, even as dd, but you should go with an outlasting setup and not instantgib-burst-wotlk-setup

I dont farm PvE content explicitly to get BiS items. After 4 years of raiding, I just CBA. Tho, some of the easyer attainable items (Frostbadge items etc) are attainable w.o. much effort, and doesnt rely on droprates.

The gain from PvE items aint as big as their PvP counterparts, and there are several fields that could gain improvement, as in skill, and unless you sit as BG ranked 10 and everyone above you have the PvE items you lack, getting them would be an issue, to me anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I really don't mind people using PvE armor, but I gotta say trinkets are the one thing that drives me bonkers. Frost badge gear is obtainable by people not raiding, and you can get other PvE items from VoA. Trinkets for some reason have these nutty effects and they never seem to come out with equivalent ones from PvP. I'm still using Grim Toll on my warrior, and I'd love to replace it, but my only options are from a raids.

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Hi there! ATM (in my battlegroup at last) there are no players at 2k+ who didnt use 3-4 PvE items in ther PvP sets. Trinkets, relics, ICC rings (my personal most hated item) and so on. As PvP player who stop raid when ulduar come live, Im realy confused - are we forced to go PvE again to be valuble in pvp?! For example - why the fuck PvE tanking trinket (228 stam+6.4k dmg absorb/2 min cd) is waaaaaay better then PvP ones (some stats+4k hp/3 min cd)?... Why we need to farm PvE gear since all DPS need it for be able to deal noticeble damage to heavy resil (1.1-1.5k) targets?!...It looks like in the end of this season we will need whole PvE off-set for good PvPing...

P.S. I have only 2-3 hours after work for playing, and im at 2k+ 3-3/5-5 atm.
    Do I like farming PvE content for PvP items? No. Do I, as your title asks, like, farm Pve content for PvP gear? Yes.

Do you like speak English?

they do it on purpose. GC eluded to the fact that they try to push people to do their pve content, but not pvp, or rather arena. when everyone was QQ'ing about feeling forced into Arena if they liked pvp, GC said something like they don't really want players playing arena that don't want to be there(even tho they pretty much forced everyone into it for gearing since early TBC), but he admitted they do want everyone to participate in their pve content.

i think its stupid too since i HATE pve. its what burnt me out of wow last time i quit, or rather raiding did. the developers are very fascist in their expectations of player's gameplay. its probably the single most thing i can't stand about these dev's. they're just very partial towards certain aspects of their game and push it on everyone :P

you dont "need" PvE items... people underestimate how much damage you actually do in PvP gear.

I don't really mind. But, why even have pvp gear? just remove resilience!

Hah.

Anyway, Skill > Gear right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    you dont "need" PvE items... people underestimate how much damage you actually do in PvP gear.
    You underestimate how much damage DFO brings to the table

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    You underestimate how much damage DFO brings to the table
    Or DBW.

I hate pve, but I still farm for pvp items through pve on my druid. Cbf'd with both my toons.

Also, godmode trinkets are too awesome to pass up (DFO, DBW, PotNL etc)

Top ele shaman now uses 2 pve trinkets playing with 2 dispellers. No, he can't get poly'd and would much rather sit in a stun than trinket it (perma pain sup), and with 2 godmode trinkets, he procs up to 3k spell power. Imagine that lavaburst on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    I hate pve, but I still farm for pvp items through pve on my druid. Cbf'd with both my toons.

Also, godmode trinkets are too awesome to pass up (DFO, DBW, PotNL etc)

Top ele shaman now uses 2 pve trinkets playing with 2 dispellers. No, he can't get poly'd and would much rather sit in a stun than trinket it (perma pain sup), and with 2 godmode trinkets, he procs up to 3k spell power. Imagine that lavaburst on you.
    No he doesn't.
    The only top players who use two non-pvp trinket slots are humans who already have a trinket racial.

No he doesn't.
    The only top players who use two non-pvp trinket slots are humans who already have a trinket racial.
    What hole are you living in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    No he doesn't.
    Cirranis plays with 2 pve trinkets in 5v5. That's information directly from his team mate.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    I'm a raider so, yes, I like it
    works for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    My poll was all about this... While force some1 go play arena arent good, same rule need to be aplied for pve. While for some classes PvE gear arent so "critical" (holy priests for example) for others it can be...well it can be realy important.

P.S. All what i do in game is arena. Im log in only when my teammates call me, no dailes and so on..only "weekly" arka20(25) for some gear untill i have all his pvp drops on me.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

I try to but my server sucks so pugs and raiding guilds are hard to come by.