Hunters Pets! good or Bad thing?

Firstly ive played hunter since 2003 and i used to like it it was fun but now its getting old...

i think that pets are no more a help but now more of a nusance ( not 100% on spelling of that) i think BM tallent tree should spec so that it allows u to tame a pet and MM you shouldnt have a pet but more damage inc or something of the sort. and Surv should have "shadow pets" that are a "chance on hit" such as:

shadow Bear: charges in and stunns the target for 3 sec.
    Shadow cat: a rend or bleed of some sort lasting 15 sec
    Shadow viper: a poisen or something lasting 12 sec
    shadow wingd serpent : lightining bot
    that all have maby a 30 sec cooldown and all proc of using differnt abilitys or using different amount of focus.

this is just my oppinion i think that hunters should varie abit more seems to be alike in all ways.
    some people will be against this but just a thought. and what i feel would change the way us hunters play.
    its not realy a QQ just a image of what i would like hunters to be.
    some typos sorry but thats life.

please add more or abuse.

Re: Hunters Pets! good or Bad thing?

I don't really think that pets are a nuisance, at least the changes to pet survivability in WotLK has made keeping them alive much easier.

Pets are iconic to our class, yes I realize that outside of the BM tree they don't deal a significant proportion of our damage, but it would feel wierd if there was a spec the eliminated them.

I don't really see how your "shadow" abilities for Survival are any different than current pet types or abilities (with the word shadow prepended :P) You can spec into Charge in the pet trees, cats already have a bleed (10sec with a 9sec CD), snakes probably have poisons (don't feel like looking it up), wind serpents already have lightning bolts.

No offense, I am just not really seeing anything new here....

yes but i think u havnt understood me compleetly, i maby havnt described it as much as i would have liked to.

these "chance of hit" pets are only available when you dont have a pet or only in Surv spec and you get a flavour of all of them because you dont have a "perminant" one. But yes they have helped out pets and such in WoLK but i think they are just still not as good as what they should be or what i imagen them to be.

this is what i think would me and possilby a few others to love hunters again <3
    sorry for typos.

your a hunter. hunters tame beasts. get over it.

So you are saying that only BM hunters would have pets? How would this work, beacuse while leveling hunters of all spec definitely want their pets active, I certainly use it while doing dailies (esp soloing TFA)?

Having certain specs where you lose your pet would drastically alter the feel of the class, and I honestly can't see blizzard ever going for this.

I could see them perhaps buffing pet damage a bit (nerf hunter damage, improve pets scaling with a slight buff), so they don't seem like such an afterthought to MM and SV. Something along the lines of 15-20% of hunters damage being pets for MM, SV, and 30-40% for BM, again this would only work if pet damage scales correctly well with gear.

I not exactly advocating that, however I think it's drastically more likely to happen than any type of change where a hunter would lose his pet.

I hate people who roll a hunter than complain about the pet being annoying.

Reroll to another class if you don't like pets, some of us do like them.

I think people just didn't play hunters during vanilla & BC and so they don't know what real hunter pet maintenance is. WotLK pet management is simply feed pet its buff food, cast one Mend to make it happy, sic it on a target & pew pew. Maybe pull it back if you think it might get feared but that's it.
    Simply people now are just too lazy to bother with a pet, therefore its a hinderance & must be removed.
    Its sad that all the people who are Dps wh*res are willing to give up a 10-15% (made up #) dps boost just cause they don't know how to use it properly.

The only change I can see to hunter pets is taking the individual family skills & making them better. Say one spec has a pet, but the hunter is soul linked to it, so the pet's only job is the give the hunter a buff & not do active damage; it stands at your side & gives you the buff. Example Eagle pets gives hunters better vision so +hit. Scorpids give a +nature damage to shots. Something along those lines.
    Never get rid of the pet, but maybe change it's job.

And if you don't like a pet, either put in on passive & let it buff you (Furious Howl) or put it away; but don't complain to the rest of us that your dps blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbet
    Firstly ive played hunter since 2003
    The most important aspect of this post.

I think people just didn't play hunters during vanilla
    Pets and vanilla diddnt really mix, it generally consisted of pet dead, res for baron or wolf for howl, keep on passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tier

Pets and vanilla diddnt really mix, it generally consisted of pet dead, res for baron or wolf for howl, keep on passive.
    Agreed. WoW Launched on Nov 4, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Tier

Or have fun pulling baron. Go get the elemental, Fluffy! There's a good boy!

10+ Year Old Account

If you're playing a hunter and dont want your pet, quit playing a hunter and choose a new class

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

It would be nice to have the option of a True ranged pet like a Warlocks Imp.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quilboar.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ
    It would be nice to have the option of a True ranged pet like a Warlocks Imp.
    I personally would find that awkward. When I see a Hunter Pet, I see something that bites and swipes. But it doesn't mean I don't see it happening, Wind Serpents are the closest thing you can get to ranged with pets, but at a DPS loss.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I personally would find that awkward. When I see a Hunter Pet, I see something that bites and swipes. But it doesn't mean I don't see it happening, Wind Serpents are the closest thing you can get to ranged with pets, but at a DPS loss.
    Which is sad, imo. Wind Serpents are kewl.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbet
    or abuse.
    No hunter pets arent a nuisance. Srsly why do so many hunters not like their pets. There are other classes u can play which dont require pets, go play them rather then QQ to ppl who do like playing hunters.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords