Thread: Keybinding

Keybinding

Ok so im a feral drood that do arena. Me and my priest arent harcore pvpers but we're doing pretty good. He has keybinds. I dont. Im a harcore old school D2 clicker. We're atm in the 2200 MMR and i wanted to know if i should start keybinding stuff since i was told i couldnt get pretty far without keybinds.

If any1 got some thoughts and tips please post.

Deleted

Re: Keybinding

AAAAH NOT ANOTHER CLICKER!

keybinding is always a good idea....

also.. you're a 2200 feral druid as a clicker? ss or didin't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by paladruid

Agree! no way you go 2200 mmo as feral drood or any class tbh as clicker!!!
    Gief Screen Shot!

i use: 1234§RTYZXQEVF as normal binds
    SHIFT+1234ASDWRTYZXQEVF
    MOUSE BUTTON 4
    MOUSE BUTTON 5
    SHIFT+ MOUSE BUTTON 4
    SHIFT+ MOUSE BUTTON 5
    CTRL + 1234ASDWRTYZXQEVF

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting to 2200 as a clicker... You most tunnel the crap out they DPS and get a lucky Instant cyclone on they healer or something lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l

His armory says hes at 2.1k. Must say I'm impressed at that, seeing as you're a clicker. I can understand how some people can be successful as a clicker in pve/pvp as ranged, but being successful as a melee (especially as a feral in pvp) I don't get.

Keyboard turning is a huge disadvantage, especially as a melee class in pvp. It's sooo sloww. Players that don't kb turn notice the kb turners in bgs and lol irl. You can literally run circles around keyboard turners while they rage at the 'target must be in front of you' message they get.

Another huge downfall to clicking is that it comes at a huge cost to your situational awareness. If you're watching where your mouse is on your bars half the time then you're gonna be spending less time watching enemy cast bars and such.(This is one thing that really separates players who 1v4 from the casuals who die in fires)

Probably the most cited problem with clicking is slow reaction time (this isn't as big as the previous 2 imo). You'll definitely see an increase in this if you bind and don't have to go from one side of the screen to the other to use an ability b/c of your bloated bars. It'll also let you use mouseover macros and switch targets without having to tab target (outside of 2s tab targeting starts to hurt you).

In the end just because you're a clicker doesn't mean you suck.
    Would you probably perform better in every way if you bound stuff? -yes
    Will it take a little bit of work to break an old habit? -yes
    Will you ever regret it binding? -no
    Will you go much higher than 2.0-.2k if you stay a clicker? -doubtfully
    Will you ever be able to post a movie, your UI, or tell other people you click without getting flamed and called a scrub? not on the internet

So really if you're fine with where you're at now then kudos to you. But, if you think the increase in your performance level, and probably enjoyment level, outweighs the amount of work it'll take to bind your abilities then do it by all means. Just start out binding a few things and you'll be griefing kb turners in no time.

Carried imo

Keybind everything.
    Get useful macros for castsequences (i.e. buffing) fairy fires etc, to reduce the amount of keybounds needed.

Quote Originally Posted by paladruid

The mage in the #1 team on Cyclone EU is a clicker.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzz
    flyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion
    flyn?
    Flyn isnt in the top team.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/team-info.xm...+IT+ON+JEWTUBE

Deleted

ah k,

then i'll go bugg them both, they are on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzz
    ^

plenty of 2.2k+ players are clickers, clicking doesn't make you bad, being bad makes you bad

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hotandholy
    ^

plenty of 2.2k+ players are clickers, clicking doesn't make you bad, being bad makes you bad
    not bad but it does make you slower, no possible way on earth a clicker can be faster than a same skilled non clicker

Quote Originally Posted by maxvdakker
    not bad but it does make you slower, no possible way on earth a clicker can be faster than a same skilled non clicker
    Indeed, even Dril himself admitted that.

Quote Originally Posted by maxvdakker
    you missed my point, by being a clicker you somewhat gimp yourself, fact.
    but way to many people just assume that being a clicker makes you a bad by default.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I honestly don't feel that you can ever activate moves or react to things as quickly as you would with keybinding. However, it's not to say that there isn't the occasional person who achieves high ratings clicking. I do think if you learn to bind stuff it only allows you to play better, and in no way would negatively effect someone who originally clicked.

As for starting the switch from clicking to binding I suggest starting out with some of your more basic spells that you use commonly. Start forcing yourself to turn with your mouse if you don't already. If you can move the spells to different locations do that also. Moving the spells around can make you just as uncomfortable looking for a keybind and can work as a form of reprogramming your brain to associate the spells with specific key binds.

One other thing you can do is bind things to multiple keys. I often do this when switching a move to a new bind or trying to decide which key feels more comfortable for a particular spell.

It is, indeed, possible, for a clicker to get to high ratings, way above 2,2k.
    Not a full-time clicker, that clicks every single action from 1 to 0, but someone that clicks for some rarely situational cooldowns or some long cooldown attacks, might easily get high rating.
    If you like to click on actions, do it, and the more you get used to it, bind some useful stuff, but everything that isn't much used can be skipped for someone that's not used to clicking, you'll still do fine.

I know a tonnnn of 2k+ players that are clickers.
    Most are casters though.
    One guy can successfully keybind and click, but chooses clicking cuz he says he has small hands and it hurts his fingers.
    To each his own. But you can have much success clicking.

Having a multibutton mouse makes the clicker in me a happy panda. Bind main attacks to your extra mouse buttons, occasional abilities (or cooldowns if you don't have occasional abilities) around your WASD and cooldowns with a shift combination of those same keys does wonders