Fun with AoE in ICC

Basically heres the deal.

My 10 man clears up to Sindragosa every week, and will continue to do so until we have the Lich King down to throw er in heroic.
    Now farming the bosses has become a little boring so myself and another guildie came up with a challenge.

On the pulls leading up to Fester and Rotface there is 2 traps with those vengeful fleshreapers or whatever that spawn. What we are planning to do is have both are rogues set off the traps simultaneously and let the 2 tanks pick em all up.
    Basically no one else is going to dps them besides myself (mage) and a balance druid.

We are going to see who can do the most dps on this trash pack with our AEs and loser has to give the other a primordial saronite.
    Basically Im just wondering on some thoughts and opinions for a secondary build to maximize my aoe on them.

Rotation is Flamestrike9, Flamestrike8, then Blizzard.
    Also popping trinkets, Berserking(troll), Icy Veins, ect and a potion of wild magic.

What I am asking for is what do you guys think the best talent build for an aoe build would be. Would it be worth it to go into arcane for the Clearcasting route down to arcane power? and then speccing some into fire and frost to buff flamestrike and blizzard.

Or do you think a full fire/frost build taking talents that buff flamestrike and blizzard would be better... for example with this build i could take more in fire and a few more in frost, ie putting points into blizzard for the snare, then frostbite and shatter and fingers of frost ect.

Before I get flamed about this point for AoE damage not mattering, I already know that, this is just a fun thing another raider and I have come up with to throw some fun into the trash.

Any helpful comments appreciated

Re: Fun with AoE in ICC

Living bomb isn't affected by the aoe cap, nor is the flamestrike initial hit. I'm not certain of the flamestrike dot, but I don't think it is either. Blizzard will be your weakest spell by far because of the aoe cap, so I'd just mash LB and flamestrikes imo, unless you run out of LB targets or theyre too low and won't blow up in time, then you should blizzard.

I'm not perfectly sure of any of this, though, so I'd get confirmation.

Honestly, as a fire mage I find it best to apply Living Bomb to all the targets and the spam ranks 8 and 9 of Flamestrike...no Blizzard. Spamming the 2 ranks of Flamestrike are more beneficial because you want to apply ignite to all the targets, also the DoT from flamestrike only lasts like 6 secs, so by the time you start the next Flamestrike that ranks DoT will be just about done. Not that dpsing on trash is a big deal, but I'm always doing 17-20k dps or more on trash depending on how many targets there are, and I'm always tops on trash pulls. Now I'm not saying my way is the right way to dps on trash, but I personally find it extremely effective and mana effecient.

Tab LB all of them. With as many mobs that will spawn, you will be tab LBing the entire time, with no time to use flamestrike or anything else for that matter. The mobs should all die at about the same time, but if near the end you have free gcd's or you know an LB on a low mob will be a waste, fire off the HS Pyros you no doubtedly will have waiting. IV will be a plus to have and DB/BW->insta FS's will as well possibly.

LB the hell out of everything and hope that the fact that so many mobs are there will put starfall and hurricane in to the aoe cap, because the new starfall will annihilate flamestrike spam.

FS spam rank 9 and 8 as soon as the mobs get too low. Make sure you have icy veins for quicker GCDs on living bomb at the start.
    Shadowrx - Troll Shadow Priest
    Hooper - Tauren Boomkin
    Babaganush - Blood Elf Mage or a kind of eggplant based Hummus
    Drenden

Stop having fun and kill the lich king already.

Quote Originally Posted by Baranfac

Quote Originally Posted by Baranfac

you guys are no fun.

15+ Year Old Account

even though their spells are all aoe capped it is difficult to beat a demonology warlock on aoe dps
    Shadowflame --> immolation aura --> Seed of corrupt spam = hi 40.5k dps record so far

Quote Originally Posted by Lim-dûl
    even though their spells are all aoe capped it is difficult to beat a demonology warlock on aoe dps
    Shadowflame --> immolation aura --> Seed of corrupt spam = hi 40.5k dps record so far
    I've seen a balance druid do 40k dps with starfall and hurricane as well... never got remotely close on my mage!

10+ Year Old Account

Get a furry war, unholy dk, feral druid or warlock instead. Now thats some nice dps
    Forget everything you know about everything.

1) equip Nibelol
    2) LB-tab-LB-tab-LB-tab-LB-tab-LB-tab-LB-tab-LB-tab-LB
    3) ROFL @ dmg meter

As some people said go for LB i would say LB in this matter (against a Druid) would be weaker then using lolstrike macro and spam blizzard.

Something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#of0Vcd...0xZfccZhf0fs0h

Never tested that spec just made it up but I only focused on AoE increasing talents and some +crit talents.

Imagine him spaminb LB (I guess you use tab spam for this) This might fail since you will not always target a new mob that dont ahve LB on it. While the druid spam 1 attack or 2 (hope the have typhoon glyph to now ruin it for you) that hits its targets hard and alot.

Now I don't know the Hp on the mobs there but I can guess its not alot and before you had time to target them all some LB will either blow up or mobs die.

I guess lolstrike macro is the better choise here as long as all are gathered at 1 place.
    Apocalypsee 80 Gnome Mage Arcane!!!!

My Mage. Check and feel envy!

Well this is how it went. We just did 2 separate trials. First pack i tried the living bomb stuff, but the druid aoe had em dead before any real damage could ramp up.

2nd pack, just stayed in my arcane spec, popped some cooldowns and trinks and a pot. Peaked at 42k, settled around 30k.

Was fun to try anyways