best warlock dps spec?

which warlock spec is bet out of the 3? Demo, Destro or aff As of 3.3.3 some one told me demo does 500 more dps then destro. and whats the stat priority for aff. like in what order should you get stats

Deleted

Re: best warlock dps spec?

theoretically:
    aff>demo>destro. destro has the nicest burst and some more advantages for hard modes, demo has the best raid buff, affliction has the highest potential dmg, but bigger ramp-up-time.

stats for affli: rule of thumb: SP>haste>>crit/spirit

But actually I'm going with mighty Gherkin, once again true:
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Stickies are your friends.
    Whichever spec you play best is the best spec. They're all close enough on paper that personal skill makes the biggest impact.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    theoretically:
    aff>demo>destro. destro has the nicest burst and some more advantages for hard modes, demo has the best raid buff, affliction has the highest potential dmg, but bigger ramp-up-time.

stats for affli: rule of thumb: SP>haste>>crit/spirit

But actually I'm going with mighty Gherkin, once again true:
    ^ Pretty much

I play demo because I can use the raid buff as an excuse for my dps sucking :P
    that, and Affliction dps is tough to manage on fights where you don't have a constant target.

Plus, Ilidan form is bad ass and you can rock some sweet aoe damage
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Whichever spec you play best is the best spec. They're all close enough on paper that personal skill makes the biggest impact.
    Seconding this. Affliction may theoretically be the top spec, but I'm at my best as Destruction, because it's simply the spec I'm most comfortable with.

All the posts above are wrong. Just go and see elitistjerks - after recent buff to immolate the top dps spec is destro (BiS totgc25 gear) or affli (BiS ICC25 heroic gear). Demo is 3rd.
    Surprisingly crit has become much better for both demo and destro. Its even better (by a small margain) than haste for destro now.

People are a little too happy with the numbers on pure single target fights being so close together.

1. Afflic numbers on those spreads do not count good crit-rolling practices, tricks-rolling or any other of the things good Locks are doing.
    2. Demo numbers factor in Decimation/MC poorly.

The only fight those numbers really mean much on is Festergut normal. In any other fight the gap between Afflic and Destro is even further and Demo typically beats Destro.

You need to be very bad at Afflic and perfect as Destro for Destro to be better. That said... Destro is the harder of the two rotations to maintain. If you look at actual figures of what's being done in ICC it's Afflic > Demo > Destro. The gap isn't small.

That said... if you really are horrible at Demo/Afflic, go Destro. If you need a stun, go Destro. If you need Replenishment, go Destro. The DPS isn't bad enough to be non-viable, so go for it. Just don't delude yourself into believing Destro beats Demo or Afflic in ICC. It's really not the case at all.

15+ Year Old Account

theoretically:
    aff>demo>destro.
    and in real ingame:
    aff>demo>destro

That said... if you really are horrible at Demo/Afflic, go Destro. If you need a stun, go Destro.
    =
    That said... if you really are horrible at Demo/Afflic, go Destro. If you need a stun, go Destro.
    Touché, I'm so clever i laugh at my own jokes :P
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Hey now, there are some comps where a stun will help... on like... two fights in all of ICC, both of which suck for Destro. :P

15+ Year Old Account

heh a raid that fails on saurfang adds is *meh* anyway and the 2nd is? Lich Valkyrs? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHH
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I like destro for heroics because the mobs die too fast for dots to do anything.
    But i find that afflic does some GREAT dps on most 10/25 man bosses

Tah best raid spec:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

Just spam shadowburn till you run out of soul shards then use searing pain. YOU CAN'T DENY THOSE NUMBERS!

Destro is the easiest of the 3, just keep your 1 dot up, keep conf and CB on CD and spam immo.

Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi
    All the posts above are wrong. Just go and see elitistjerks - after recent buff to immolate the top dps spec is destro (BiS totgc25 gear) or affli (BiS ICC25 heroic gear). Demo is 3rd.
    Surprisingly crit has become much better for both demo and destro. Its even better (by a small margain) than haste for destro now.
    First off, who the hell is still in T9 gear?
    Secondly, if for BiS ICC gear (the chart that matters), Aff leads slightly, and demo and destro are basically tied (a 100 dps difference is crap).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi
    http://www.fallen-legion.eu/news/dat...leFacePalm.jpg
    Sorry Bakis, much to big to embed (although its so true - regurgitation without understanding = double facepalm) ~Gherk