World of Warcraft and FPS

I like to believe I have a a computer that is more then able to run World of Warcraft.

Windows Vista 32bit

Dual 8800GTS 512mb SLI graphics cards

4GB of ram

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz

However, I can't run World of Warcraft on high settings without getting VERY low FPS. In AOC, I can run High graphics settings and get at least 80FPS, but on WOW if I turn everything up I get horrible FPS.. Anyone know why and is there a way to fix this?

Re: World of Warcraft and FPS

Disable your second card.

Your CPU is kind of slow and old, so it all depends on the environment and your settings. You shouldn't expect to get 40+ fps at all times with a setup like that. Also, as already mentioned you should disable your second card because it will give you no additional performance in WoW and a lot of people have reported getting worse performance when running WoW with dual cards.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

It does not make sense to me that I am able to run 80 or more FPS on high settings in Age of Conan which is far more superior graphics then World of Warcraft will ever have.

Maybe someone can explain to me why I get high FPS in AoC with high settings and low FPS in WoW on high settings?

I can get 200FPS in WoW, but that is with most of my video settings turned down.

I thought my computer was more then capable of running World of Warcraft. After all it is a 2008 Area 51 7500 made by Alienware. ( I always been a fan of Alienware since I learned about them when I was like 15. The price does not bother me. =D )

I'll try and run with one graphics card running and see if that makes a difference.

15+ Year Old Account

1. Alienware is crap, especially for what they cost.
    2. As chaud and nwo have said, WoW isn't optimized for SLI and SLI can even cause a decrease in performance.
    3. As nwo said, you have a weak CPU. WoW is very CPU bound, even compared to other MMOs.

Therefore, it does make sense.

I have to disagree with you about Alienware being crap. I don't see anything wrong with their computers other then the prices are high.

Anyway thanks for all the information. I have done a couple things to see if it will improve my FPS. Now I am just waiting for the server to pop up.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100
    I have to disagree with you about Alienware being crap. I don't see anything wrong with their computers other then the prices are high.

Anyway thanks for all the information. I have done a couple things to see if it will improve my FPS. Now I am just waiting for the server to pop up.
    You're right. There's actually nothing wrong with the computers themselves. I just have no respect for the brand itself due to the horrendous overpricing.

Good luck with the tweaks you made. If it works, let us know! It might help the next guy.