Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I hope there is good reason behind the Celestial Steed in blizzard store

Theres 54 pages of crap from the front page post so i havn't trawled through it to see if this idea has been posted.

But, what if blizzard are donating half the price from the Celestial Steed to a charity such as Wish Upon a Star like they have previously done? To me this would make sense because i dont see why they would just sell a mount with no reasoning except money.

Doing this would still get Blizzard more money than i'll earn in my lifetime but would also make them look very good as a company if some of the money were to be donated to a charity, besides, a starry pegasus horse kinda fits with the 'Wish upon a star foundation'

Re: I hope there is good reason behind the Celestial Steed in blizzard store

Wish upon a star and the mount is Celestial....NOW IT MAKES SENSE
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

They are doing it because they know people will buy it.
    They will make a lot of money and there shareholders will be really happy.

Besides doing something charitable might gain them some recognition but it wont gain them the same amount on money as oh I dunno 2 million people paying $25 just so there in game toons can ride around on one.

It also does not say if it is account bound or not so someone could very well end up buying several of them for multiple characters.

Fyi corporations do not care about anything other than money they just do nice things to get endorsed/publicized by the media in the hopes they will ensnare more consumers or simply to have something to write off on there taxes.

Get use to it that Blizz wants your money!

Quote Originally Posted by skrump

Besides doing something charitable might gain them some recognition but it wont gain them the same amount on money as oh I dunno 2 million people paying $25 just so there in game toons can ride around on one.
    It's a materiel world.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they donate some of the money away, like they did with the Pandaren(I believe?). Besides, I can't see where you'd fit in in-game anyway, it'd look out of place pretty much anywhere but together with Algalon

Wish upon a star foundation? Pah it's misleading, should be renamed the "No, make another wish we can't do anything about that foundation".

ZOMG blizzardz wants 2 eat yo moneys NOM NOM NOM

seriously people its providing a fun service for people to get a few cool VANITY items at a small cost if they so wish. I no way does it effect you or how you play the game.

I think they just want to squeeze us a bit more, 12 euros a month it's still not enough.

but... who knows????...

Deleted

If you want to give money to a charity foundation you can do it without the Blizzard store. Hope this helps. There's no real reason why they should.

It's not like they don't have enough profits to give some for charity anyway.
    But since they're very well aware that selling in-game items for real money somehow belittle the dignity of their trademark, they started the trend with donating part of Pandaren's incomes. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with this mount, altho they don't have to.

I'll try to distinguish between the two aspects of the matter: very glad whether they give money for charity, but the whole selling in-game items still stands like a very poor commercial move.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fxm
    If you want to give money to a charity foundation you can do it without the Blizzard store. Hope this helps. There's no real reason why they should.
    But then you don't recieve a cool celestial steed!

Blizz already said that the Celestial mount and the LiL XT pet are being sold because of the situation with the Trading Card Game.

you were originally supposed to get them from the cards, however THERE IS NO TCG for the next year.

so they are just selling the items on the store.

15+ Year Old Account

On the bright side: No loot dramas over "stolen" Celestial Steed mounts...ever.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    Blizz already said that the Celestial mount and the LiL XT pet are being sold because of the situation with the Trading Card Game.

you were originally supposed to get them from the cards, however THERE IS NO TCG for the next year.

so they are just selling the items on the store.
    this

"I want to be charitable, but only if I get something out of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fxm
    yeh because Blizzard is the only major company doing this, and for a side note they're not squeezing the cash out of your pocket since it's you that decide if you want to buy this mount or not...
    cheche ಠ_à²

Why do you give a flying f*** about what Blizzard does with its resources?
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

It's all about money. Let's say they donate half of it to charity. Blizz is still gonna make money from the other half considering millions of ppl will be purchasing this steed mount. I heard alot of ppl have quit the game coz their bored and wanting to come back for catac. So i'm sure its safe for them to say they will donate half the money and half for them.

Actually this is a pretty neat idea. Something that has no value in the game other then for looks and fun available for extra. No one ever "Needs" this mount or the vanity pets, but it is some extra for a little flavor. It is like buying a T Shirt, or a Mug, or an action figure.

I picked up STO a while back, and they are going to make things like a character respec, extra races, ships, etc only available in a purchase like this... WTH. It is one thing for fun, useless extras, but can you imagine if you had to go to the blizz store and pay real $$ for a respec?

Personally I say enjoy it, and if you don't want to pay for it... don't, it doesnt matter. Hell it is almost a waste to even buy epic flying anymore with the dungeon finder. Unless you have a gathering toon, fp's and dungeon ports cover almost everything.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof
    Theres 54 pages of crap from the front page post so i havn't trawled through it to see if this idea has been posted.
    So I will add yet more pages of crap about formerly mentioned mount instead of reading.

GG OP, GG
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!