Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Give Wands back to Enchanting

I have the clothie set... A lock, mage and priest. Wands have been the most annoying slot to upgrade. This post is not about getting more game play from the wand (although being able to chain a spell, casting it through your wand to improve that spells effect would be cool, even trading off some stats for it would be fine).

I know they are pretty useless and are only a MINOR stat boost. That being said I still hate how long it takes to get a good wand. Having nearly everything on my clothies over item level 232 (pre heroic triumphs) but still having having an i200 wand (sometimes non-epic) was frustrating. I know there were wand drops to aim for however they would either not drop or I would get out-rolled (don't even mention the naxx 25 wand!!! lock ran that 100's of times, mage got it 2nd run!!!). Triump badges fixed the DPS wand with the i245 badge wand, no heal equiv although my disc priest has got this equipped. They are not impossible to get I know but they rely more on dumb luck rather than hard work. My QQ is a little out-dated I know because there are quite a few drops out there now but it WAS frustrating and still is that they cant be crafted.

Then there is enchanting. When I rolled my first chanter (vanilla) I thought awesome I can make wands... then they stopped... and I was like did I miss a recipe or something?!

Why can't enchanting get wands back?
    This post contains 100% of your recommended daily intake of Vitamins T, H & C.

Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Give Wands back to Enchanting

Excellent idea tbh..

Yeah I had the same reaction, the wands just disappeared and never came back :'( It would be nice to have a craftable item for enchanting.

Deleted

If engineers can have guns, why can't enchanting have wands?

Quote Originally Posted by aftermidnight
    Excellent idea tbh..
    Period.

10+ Year Old Account

As someone who has recently leveled a priest through the hellishly mana ineffecient 1-40, I support this. Moar wands.
    Look! Words!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart
    As someone who has recently leveled a priest through the hellishly mana ineffecient 1-40, I support this. Moar wands.
    How about a slogan?

"Moar wands!"

Yeah, more craftable stuff is kind of meh. But it hear the OPs argument for not having a good wand on your caster. Wands plz!

Sig by: khatsoo

I was excited in the WotLK lead up to see things like this:

From http://www.wow.com/2008/11/13/wrath-...ies/#continued
    Enchanting
    Enchanters will be able to craft more bind on pick-up wands

I recall even seeing rough outlines of the recipes, including some mats ...and then they never eventuated.

Moar (crafted) wands please!

10+ Year Old Account

I would love to see wands come back with enchanting!
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

/sign

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart
    what?

didnt you use heirlooms (robe, shoulder, staff, trinkets) and enchants at all?

1-40 was a breeze as dps holy...

i'm feeling the pain of low mana now that i'm 58, but i'm sure it'll pass after some outland blues...

in topic, i'd dig some more wands, specially if they had some nice effects like chance on hit procs, so it's more interesting

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Elderane

in topic, i'd dig some more wands, specially if they had some nice effects like chance on hit procs, so it's more interesting
    chance on hit procs... wouldn't work, more stats would be much more in our favour, since you are seldom using your wand much at higher levels... maybe some sort of "may proc with #spell#" depending on class, such as
    "chance on hit(spell?): Deal 500 shadow damage to your current target
    may proc with: Mind Flay"

dunno... :

Deleted

I would love this too. And they should do something about it.
    Like: gives your spellcast a chance to shoot the target with the wand aswell.
    or: gives your spellcast a chance to shoot the target with the wand aswell (for 50% or something if 100% is too OP) ; and increases [the damage type of the wand like fire] damage up to XXX.
    This will make it intresting to hunt for a special wand; cause tbh, who cares if it is nature damage, fire damage or shadow damage?

I approve of this idea.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

This is actually a REALLY good idea...

there was a enchanting wand in wrath beta. the first version required 25 void crystals to make, then it upgraded slightly with that wand plus 25 more, than a third time with the second wand plus 25 more voids (so 75 voids for an ilvl 180 i belive wand. req lvl 78). Don't know why it never went live.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

As an enchanter who does nothing but enchant, I endorse this idea.
    I would also like to see more use out of the Alchemist stones and other neat craftable items!

10+ Year Old Account

I posted about this a few months ago.

Enchanting should make wands
    Inscription should make more then just ilevel 200 off hands.

Engineering should make guns and bows.

Freeing up loot tables on bosses so things we actually need can drop.

profession's in general need to be fixed up, we spend so much gold on them and really, they dont help us as much as we would like to. i do jewelcrafting on my pally, all i use it for is to make 20int, 20str and jc only gems, i dont do the daily's because they are boring and cbf, but what id like to see is more items for us to craft as new tier's come out, like we had some good stuff on release but all we are now are gem crafters, id like to see us get some nice trinkets and rings along the way as we progress thru cataclysm. But this goes for all profession's, currently blacksmiths, leatherworkers, tailors get recipes throughout pregressing tier's, why doesnt jewelcrafting get trinket/ring/neck recipes, neither does engineering... imo make prof's more fun and worth while, giv us some BOP so we cant sell if that means thats engineering and jc gets some recipes...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=802

Right at the top of that page, we see the upgradable Enchanting wands. At a guess, the mats and stats never made it past the preliminary stages - perhaps it would have made Enchanting too good for all wand users, as the fully upgraded wand would (assuming we can guess iLvl from the DPS) have been about the same as the Wand of the Archlich, from Naxx 25, which is 213.

Regardless: WTB moar crafted wands!