Thread: Leveling Spec?

Leveling Spec?

Im leveling an alt paladin, he is currently level 50, and im wondering if i should go ret at 60 and just quest from 60-80 or stay in the random dung finder staying prot/holy.

I have all the heirloom gear for bonus xp and weapons for both plate dps and healing so its more of a which is faster instances or questing?

Re: Leveling Spec?

You destroy mobs fast, so I suggest going retri

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    You destroy mobs fast, so I suggest going retri
    ^this pretty much ...

prot LFG.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Questing is faster, ret does questing better.
    All in all it comes down to preference though.

Instancing as prot/holy might take a bit longer, you wont notice it in the long run. Do what you find to be the most fun.

questing as prot is just as fast as ret. aoe pulls+ zero down time=just as fast
    that plus the queue speed makes prot the hands down best spec to level as post 40

Go Ret until 70. At 70 respec for a prot leveling spec. It is honestly much easier than ret. You do great damage (I queued for dungeons as dps and would top while specced prot) and can pull 8+ targets at a time and come out close to full health, assuming you know the basic mechanics of prot (always keep Holy Shield up, etc). It is also absurdly easy to solo any and all group quest. And you can still queue as tank if you want and get the near-instant groups

haha im sorry but random dung finder? noone else laughed? bah maybe i am childish

Maybe drop your Holy spec for ret, that way you can tank instances and when you get bored of that go quest for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Messick
    haha im sorry but random dung finder? noone else laughed? bah maybe i am childish
    Ahaah, I didn't notice until you mentioned it. Excellent find.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

Quote Originally Posted by dankzilla
    Im leveling an alt paladin, he is currently level 50, and im wondering if i should go ret at 60 and just quest from 60-80 or stay in the random dung finder staying prot/holy.

I have all the heirloom gear for bonus xp and weapons for both plate dps and healing so its more of a which is faster instances or questing?
    ret all the way. Can solo most group quest, even those dragonblight 3 people one, except that 5 person group one and the stupid boss in the scarlet crusade temple. (mob pal > player pal? =.=)

Quote Originally Posted by Fictionseven
    questing as prot is just as fast as ret. aoe pulls+ zero down time=just as fast
    that plus the queue speed makes prot the hands down best spec to level as post 40
    Until you need to kill multiple caster mobs which wont hit you and don't regen your mana through BoSanc.
    Also not every area lends itself for AoE grinding, that's why I said ret is just better for questing as you can handle any situation really.

At lvl 71 you get divine plea and you're unstoppable as prot though :P

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    Until you need to kill multiple caster mobs which wont hit you and don't regen your mana through BoSanc.
    Also not every area lends itself for AoE grinding, that's why I said ret is just better for questing as you can handle any situation really.

At lvl 71 you get divine plea and you're unstoppable as prot though :P
    Not to mention, Ret is quite effective at AoE grinding too especially with the new Seal of Command. I personally did 70-80 questing as ret, usually I'd ride my mount in big circle and gather up 4-5 mobs, then nuke them down. Very little downtime, finish quests fast.

But it's all up to how you want to level. Going prot or holy will be faster if you're using LFG exclusively. Otherwise, I'd go ret, queue up, and do a couple quests while waiting.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.