Thread: Blood AoE

Blood AoE

I am back again to talk about blood AoE threat. I have not been able to do much in the way of Raid AoE but I have done more than enough heroics to know that it is not good enough compared to other tanks.

I would like to see some changes and here are a few ideas to make AoE tanking better.

1. Make DnD simply do more threat.
    2. Make DnD hit harder but last a shorter time but we can keep it up 24/7 so with a 1 rune cost instead of
    3. Give us a runic power AoE filler instead of tab targetting melee and rune striking targets.
    4. Remove the cooldown for death and decay so we may have multiple going at the same time. Yes we could have 4 down but 2 DnD = 1 concecrate.

If AoE tanking for blood is fine and I am a noob then ignore this post, but I really think it is a problem when fighting for aggro against very geared dps and no MD/ToTT.
    Paladins have been kings of AoE which is fine but I feel DKs have no real niche against anything (bears mass health, paladins AoE, Warriors spell reflect and "go to tank")
    Single target I have great threat, and maybe that is our niche? But great threat is useless as all you need is more than dps to hold aggro.

Thanks for reading and help me find a solution to this issue I am having.

Deleted

Re: Blood AoE

1. Death and decay
    2. diseases
    3. Pestilence
    4. Blood boil or tab cleave
    5. win

Ive never had an issue with except in heroics with "lolstorm" warriors, but no one cares about them anyway.

Use your blood tap for an extra blood boil with big trash packs aswell.

well afaik dk tanks do a little bit more dps then other tanks, maybe this is their niche? plus they 2hand or dual wield tank, that could also be their niche.
    I dont tank much on my dk, but thats just my opinion

15+ Year Old Account

Just go frost if your having trouble AoE tanking as a DK.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

use dnd glyph and set bonus if you have troubles, if its ww warrior let him die :P

don't tank heroics as Blood?

if you're also your raids Main tank, then dual spec tank, frost for lolheroics and blood for lolraidbosses

blood tank spec does reasonable DPS in DPS gear, too. i did it for a long time, and got to yell at all my DPSers who preformed worse than i did.

Currently I have Blood and Frost tank specs. I was using frost for tanking Heroics but if im being honest I actually enjoy blood more BECAUSE of the lack of aoe threat. It actually makes me concentrate more and have a slightly better time.

Im going to be changing my Frost tank spec to probebly frost DPS once I grab a couple of decent 1handers. I might still use it for heroics if I am with very geared DPS. The extra mitigation talents lost would be offset by the adds dying quickly. But on the whole I just prefer to tank as blood on aoe packs. One thing I will miss is the extra silence / Interupt but with DG and Strangulate casters are generally no problem.