The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Unbound plague targeting the guy in abomination form - Putricide 10 man HC

10 minutes ago, while doing putricide the unbound plague targeted me, the guy in the abomination, as the first one getting the plague. I thought this was impossible. And yes, I was too slow, I was in the abomination form when i got the unbound plague. While in the abomination form you cant even do a single thing with the unbound plague which lead to a wipe.

Have anyone experienced this before? or was this a one of a million chance thing?

Re: Unbound plague targeting the guy in abomination form - Putricide 10 man HC

Have yet to see this happen o.O

Yes this has happened to our guild on one try, if putricide targets you with plague whilst u are drinking the potion to turn into an abo, by the time you actually change, you will have the plague whilst u are inside the abo, and will die with it, unless you get un-diseased (ie by a priest) and you pass it on, and then turn back into an abo again.

It can happen if you're not fast enough to get to the table and start transforming into the abom.

Deleted

It can happen if you were too slow with getting to the table. Putricide has a very small aggro range, so you can get quite close to him before the pull.

If it happens, it's more the shock that wipes you. There is enough time to get cleansed, pass the disease to someone else, drink another potion from the table and still be on time with the ooze clouds. If you don't have enough energy to slow the first add when it spawns because of the time delay, a green add is killable without slows anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso
    It can happen if you were too slow with getting to the table. Putricide has a very small aggro range, so you can get quite close to him before the pull.

If it happens, it's more the shock that wipes you. There is enough time to get cleansed, pass the disease to someone else, drink another potion from the table and still be on time with the ooze clouds. If you don't have enough energy to slow the first add when it spawns because of the time delay, a green add is killable without slows anyway.
    Are you kidding?
    Do you know how behind on ooze he would most likely be at?

Our warrior charged to putricide while transforming, I got the plague on me first and it jumped to him right before he had transformed.
    Well...he died.
    Fun times.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Are you kidding?
    Do you know how behind on ooze he would most likely be at?
    Mopping up the ooze at the start is very relaxed. You might be 15-20 seconds late on the ooze if you get the first disease passed to someone else. That's in no way enough time for you to fall behind on ooze. Usually on the hard mode you even want to let the first few clouds grow more, so you can keep getting energy from them until the 2nd wave of ooze is thrown. If you can't catch up on ooze after spending 15 seconds away, you are probably doing it wrong.