[Leveling] - am i doing something wrong?

Hey there. so i just hit 54, and was looking at some data from recount (didnt reset it for a loooonnnnngggggg time just to see some data over time) and ive noticed that i never use heroic strike....

usualy when im on a roll all i use is Charge (if on cooldown) > Victory Rush (if available) > Overpower (if the buff is up from arms tree) > Mortal Strike > Execute (if the buff is up from arms tree)

i dont go rage starved since i got improved and glyphed Charge without Juggernaught, but i was wondering... is that normal?
    should it be a higher prio than some other ability? it just seems that i can do so much more dmg without it and looks like im doing alot more while not having to wait for "Next melee" attacks.

Re: [Leveling] - am i doing something wrong?

If you're just soloing quests, go ahead and put it in your rotation if you have the rage for it. If you generally have excess rage, it will add to the damage you do. But imo, it won't be super noticeable because you shouldn't have much of a problem with the mobs that you encounter while leveling. If you are using the dungeon finder, it doesn't hurt to throw it in there, just make sure that you're not going to pull aggro with it.

Deleted

Heroic Strike is a button you spam alongside your normal rotation in situations where you have shitloads of rage. Consider your rage bar a minigame which you lose if the bar hits 100.

Thats the thing. when i do use heroic strike i do stay away from the 100 rage zone. but i lose my roll when charging at another mob. seems to slow things down like hell

Heroic strike is useless for everything except raiding. It's just an attack that boosts your weapon damage and dumps rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphelyka
    Heroic strike is useless for everything except raiding. It's just an attack that boosts your weapon damage and dumps rage.
    Thanks. thats excatly what i was looking for xP

Slam > HS

I took HS off my bars since I rarely use Slam nevermins HS. Charge, rend, mortal strike, overpower, execute typically results in a dead mob and if not then MS usually cleans em up.

Hem... Do you Rend ? You didnt mention it in your post, OP, but you HAVE to rend. In fact, Rend is your first move after Charge, because Rend ticks will proc Overpower due to Taste of Blood !

So, tell me you Rend ;D

Using HS while leveling will sometimes end you up rage starved and end up a
    It's best to stick with OP, MS, etc etc, if you have excess rage you can hit it with any of these abilities to burst it up a little. Hope that helps.