A couple noob rogue questions (pvp aspect)

Just have a few questions concerning pvp rogues leveling and endgame. Read the stickies but really couldn't find the specific answers I was looking for.

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Powertaco

Right now, I'm subtlety specc'd leveling through bg's. I've obtained all the heirloom resil gear possible and I'm absolutely loving sub. Just got prep and it's a lot of fun. My question is, leveling wise, what's the easiest bg spec and what should be avoided (talent wise). I also read that I should go mut spec at 60 instead of sub because it becomes more viable - is that the case? Should I spec for hemo? It seems worth it, but even with the glyph, the damage bonus seems kinda useless. I've just obtained kidney shot and cheap shot, but I feel I don't really need to use them at all at my level since ambush is really my opener and my only efficient *damaging* move (ss costs too much). When is an appropriate time to use kidney/cheap shot? Any tips or tricks would also not go amiss! Also, what glyphs should I get? (haven't been able to find really any good pvp leveling guides for rogues =/)

At level 80, what kind of gear should I be looking to get? Do I need a mix of pvp/pve gear or is straight up pvp gear the best idea? I'm decent at arena, and will be playing with a mage I know irl, but we'll need to grab a priest. Basically I wanted to play rmp because it's such a strong comp, and I've mostly been playing oddball comps as of late. Can you guys give me any advice on how to play the comp, and what my expectations will be? I have a pvp rogue friend who told me I need to get the icc daggers to be competitive - is that the case here? Is the greatness card a good starter trinket for 80?

I'm sorry for the general questions, but I figured this would be the easiest way to get a large amount of advice. Thank you for your time, and again, I appreciate any help on this!
    “Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.”
    Please check out My Mixes

Re: A couple noob rogue questions (pvp aspect)

I usually just use Ambush at PvP (at lower levels) against cloth users, to nuke them down due to lower health pool. In most cases, I open with Cheap Shot, I guess it's a better option.
    Dekkz - Undead Rogue | Veronnica - BE Warlock | Azäzel - BE Paladin | Dekz - Orc Shaman | Hässlich - BE Death Knight | Jobulani - Troll Priest

Just in case you plan on sticking with sub when you hit 80. It's worth mentioning that while your ambush can easily do 50% (to a health bar) now it will most likely only do 10%ish at lvl 80. And that's on cloth (assuming they're geared reasonably well).

Also, I've found that ambush spam + hemo + whatever seems to dominate any cloth wearer in low level BGs. So you're probably doing it pretty well to begin with.

Leveling via BG's is exciting and all, but you will be lacking a lot of gear when you reach certain levels... throw in some dungeons in there when you get bored...

Stay sub since you enjoy it.. you won't like the playstyle of the other two trees if you enjoy sub... you will have a hard time sneaking around as mut or combat.

in low levels you will want to always open with ambush.... as you face better geared players (or plate) stuns are the way to go. avoid bleeds and deadly poisons as they will mess up your CC's.

Don't buy any pre-80 gear with the honor you gain... you can buy the level 80 stuff at any level and have it sit in your bank ready to be used

I'm no arena expert but i think in an RMP you will most likey need to burst, control and peel.

good luck
    It's just a game.

Mutilate gets better at 62 when you get envenom. Envenom ignores armor and is a lot better against plate.

Subtlety is great fun before ~70, and you should stick to what's fun imho. Avoid Enveloping Shadows, Sleight of Hand and Heightened Senses. Everything else is decent. You should spec into Hemorrhage. For glyphs, specc and gear questions http://shadowpanther.net/ is probably the best resource. It's a bit clunky, but you'll get used to it.

Cheap shot gets better and better as your ambush hits for less of their health pool, and it's great when you want to lock someone down, followed by Kidney Shot (say against healers). You're going to deal damage to them even though they're stunned, and well... then can't damage you/heal themselves. It's all about control.

You don't need ICC daggers to be competitive up to 1800, then you can buy the pvp ones. DMC: Greatness is an awesome starting trinket.

Watch some pvp videos if you want to see how the good rogues play, I've no experience with RMP. http://roguerogue.com/ has a good archive with dueling videos, general tips, specs and

Thank you guys very much for the helpful advice in this thread! I appreciate the opinions on the 3 different specs, and that's exactly why I chose sub - more sneaking around. Plus, I think it more fits the rogue mentality. However, at 80 I do want to be competitive so I'll likely switch to assassination to learn it at 62.

Thanks again for all the advice! I'll definately practice as much of this as I can, and I've started using cheap shot for mail (level 30 bracket) as an opener just because it takes SO LONG to burn them as sub.

As for cheap shot -> kidney shot, when should I blow kidney? Is 4cp worth using it or should I generally wait for 5? What should I use in between cs and ks to stay competitive against plate?

Thanks again!
    “Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.”
    Please check out My Mixes

You could use Kidney Shot right before Cheap Shot fades if you don't want to get hit/your target to heal. However, if you can take a hit or if they're not even focusing you, I'd say wait for five CP.

Remember to always try to land Kidney in the back, so you won't get a parry/dodge.

I like to have Fun in BG's as Sub spec I think the KEY thing about Sub in BG's is to pick your targets well and timing your assaults well too.

For example:

I will totally dominate cloth leather and even mail wearers in BG's and target them in that order too.

Lets say an emeny priest runs past with a fellow warrior on my side chasing him down, ill follow the 2 and wait for the warrior to do enough damage to remove the priests shield then its alll over..... Shadowstep Ambush 10-14k crit followed by an immediate 5combo Evis if there still standing Shadow Dance and nothing has lived so far LOL

This is a fuck around BG PoV from my game play sub is VERY dirty true Rogue and EVERYTIME i Kill someone I run off /giggle xD cause it really is just soo cheap and dirty, MORE OFTEN then not (because of the choice made in the victim i choose LOL) my "victim' dies in 1-3 hits if not 1-2 its OP :S HAHAHA

I think one of the reasons It's quite effective for me is because of my lvl of gear i use PvE ArP gear and my guild has cleared 3/4 H25 ICC :S lol